ADVERTISEMENT

Active shooter at Garlic Festival in Ca

Settle down, Hoss. Your Twitter link references people who think guns are banned in California. IHFBnBB didn't say guns are banned in California. He said California has some of the strictest gun laws. And in fact California does have some of the strictest guns laws in the country. The Giffords Law Center rates California's gun laws an 'A' and ranks them #1 in the entire country.

https://lawcenter.giffords.org/scorecard/#CA

you think they didn't? so they blindly said all people have the God-given right to defend themselves with guns, because they were too stupid and naïve to know there was mental illness out there in the world? no, basically they knew in fact there was mental illness out there, and that IS PRECISELY why they thought they better say god or the creator grants us the right to defend ourselves with arms.

Pretty sure they wanted to make sure well-maintained militias could arm themselves in the event that the government went corrupt and revolution was needed again.

A good plan at the time. Unfortunately now the government has F-22s. Seems like it might be time to update that amendment.

Settle down, Hoss. Your Twitter link references people who think guns are banned in California. IHFBnBB didn't say guns are banned in California. He said California has some of the strictest gun laws. And in fact California does have some of the strictest guns laws in the country. The Giffords Law Center rates California's gun laws an 'A' and ranks them #1 in the entire country.

https://lawcenter.giffords.org/scorecard/#CA

people who think guns are banned are too stupid to tie their shoes, just like him.

Pretty sure they wanted to make sure well-maintained militias could arm themselves in the event that the government went corrupt and revolution was needed again.

A good plan at the time. Unfortunately now the government has F-22s. Seems like it might be time to update that amendment.
it's a good plan now to this day

Because the Founders knew WTF mental illness was when they were drawing up the constitution..

There are problems with using the phrase "mental illness" loosely. A lot of mental health professionals think every quirk is a "mental illness". Even where virtually everyone would agree a person has a mental illness, that doesn't mean the person is dangerous and shouldn't be able to have a firearm.

I'm pretty sure the founders recognized there were people out there who were a few hairs short of a full wig.

Thank you. You've thought it through. I think requiring insurance would take a constitutional amendment. I'm not sure that mental evaluations are going to prevent anything either.

The other option would be a special tax on guns to create a victims fund of gun violence but I don't think I like that approach as it is a one time hit and while it would provide financial compensation for victims it would not prevent these things from happening.

This kid was an anarchist so he could be as much antifa as it appears he held anti-capitalist and pro-enviromental beliefs as he could be those wacko live in the middle of nowhere by themselves anarchists. It looks like his dad, a West Point grad, died a little over a year ago so I am going to go with mental illness.

Yes I am.
WTF does MAGA knee jerk BS have to do with the fact that a NUT JOB killed people? Assume much?
I'm fed up with assholes. Completely. Including the murderer, who thankfully is DEAD.​
rather than guess quickly that it may be a maga guy or a jihadist, the media has gone the other way ever since the steve scalise shooting and the vegas shooting and so on, where they hide the facts and the name of the shooter for days on end hoping it goes away and everyone forgets.

Latest update - 3 dead, 15 injured, suspect dead.

Maybe we should start considering the effect of having such a big military has on the mindset of everyone in our country, especially young males.
Is your tongue usually in your cheek this much? The military in terms of personnel is historically small. I just saw an article that soon they may drop the age to enlist to 17 - and we've had a military for 200+ years. Mass shootings, not so much.

people who think guns are banned are too stupid to tie their shoes, just like him.
People who think guns are banned in California are pretty stupid, I agree. But here's the thing - and I feel like this point cannot be overemphasized - that's not what he said. He clearly stated "Doesn't California have some of the most strict gun laws?"

And by any reasonable metric, yes, California does have some of the strictest gun laws in America.

Reactions: Finance85
This kid was an anarchist so he could be as much antifa as it appears he held anti-capitalist and pro-enviromental beliefs as he could be those wacko live in the middle of nowhere by themselves anarchists. It looks like his dad, a West Point grad, died a little over a year ago so I am going to go with mental illness.
do we know anything about this kid? the trend of hiding this stuff is baffling to me. the media used to get this stuff out in the open quickly. look at the Austin bomber kid: he's a ghost. that was like two years ago nobody knows anything about him.

People who think guns are banned in California are pretty stupid, I agree. But here's the thing - and I feel like this point cannot be overemphasized - that's not what he said. He clearly stated "Doesn't California have some of the most strict gun laws?"

And by any reasonable metric, yes, California does have some of the strictest gun laws in America.

there is no such thing as strict gun laws in this country and he can eat shit.

Fox News is more pissed that Law Enforcement hasn't given them a press conference telling them what they know. FFS
I was watching CNN and they were expressing something similar. Actually I understand the frustration but at that time LEO's weren't sure there were more shooters on the loose.

do we know anything about this kid? the trend of hiding this stuff is baffling to me. the media used to get this stuff out in the open quickly. look at the Austin bomber kid: he's a ghost. that was like two years ago nobody knows anything about him.

Not much of a socail media footprint as it appears most of his stuff was taken down before anyone knew who it was.

There was a quote by someone who was face to face with the shooter and asked them why he was doing this to which he said: "Becuase I am angry".

Well that settles that.

Every hoop you have to jump through to drive/own a car should be the same for guns.

Gun education, gun test, gun license and registration, gun insurance, etc.
LMAO! This is idiot 101. It needs to be MUCH harder to get a gun. Anyone with $300 in their pocket can go buy a car. Without going through any of the red tape. In fact maybe you guys should start trying to make it harder to buy cars too.

60 minutes did a piece a long time ago on Australia and their system dealing with guns.

Don’t remember the details but I seem to recall thinking that would be good.

Of course at this point not sure you can get there in this country.

On Monday, Heavy reported that the suspected gunman at the Gilroy Garlic Festival in California made ominous Instagram posts in the hours prior to the massacre, which left four people dead including six-year-old Steven Romero.

“Read Might Is Right by Ragnar Redbeard. Why overcrowd towns and pave more open space to make room for hordes of mestizos and Silicon Valley white twats?” wrote 19-year-old Santino William Legan next to a picture of a Smokey Bear sign on fire safety. “Might is Right” is a white supremacist, anti-Semitic manifesto authored under a pseudonym by an anarchist activist in 1890 which, among other things, advocates for women as pr
https://eb2.3lift.com/pass?tl_click...n%3DWorx-DynamicRetargeting-24052019-31052019
https://www.rawstory.com/2019/07/gi...9p1AbZXqzGkS-I0zS0TWbnN6eJjNTLOy2Ao#report-ad
[URL='https://twitter.com/Jose_Galvan/status/1155827573114277888']The murderer in Gilroy is named Santino William Legan. He’s Iranian and hates “Mestizos”. https://t.co/zwZOvh1d8Rpic.twitter.com/O2CUr0fNHO[/URL]

— Real Jose Galvan (@Jose_Galvan) July 29, 2He also appears to have posted an image from the festival just before the shooting, captioned with “Ayyy garlic festival time. Come get wasted on overpriced sh*t.”

Legan was reportedly killed at the scene. It remains unclear what his motivation was, but one onlooker said that he proclaimed he was “really angry” as he opened fire.
https://www.rawstory.com/2019/07/gi...lhBBBRHssm9p1AbZXqzGkS-I0zS0TWbnN6eJjNTLOy2Ao

60 minutes did a piece a long time ago on Australia and their system dealing with guns.

Don’t remember the details but I seem to recall thinking that would be good.

Of course at this point not sure you can get there in this country.

400mm guns floating around and it sounds like in Australia that a very large percentage of the outstanding firearms where not turned in or registered. The same thing would happen here. Lots of kids shooting up people, at what point do you start making their parents or the homeowners responsible if it is there gun being used?

The longer it takes to announce details of the suspect

The more sure you can be that they are not who the media wants them to be

I can’t watch any news anymore. Everything is spun into a political blame game. This was a tragedy that people lost their lives. Instead of blaming each other, work TOGETHER to come up with a solution. It’s pathetic to see what the USA has become.

Guns will be accessed, no matter what laws/bans you put in. Screening is only 1 option, but even then it’s a flawed.

Reactions: unIowa
On Monday, Heavy reported that the suspected gunman at the Gilroy Garlic Festival in California made ominous Instagram posts in the hours prior to the massacre, which left four people dead including six-year-old Steven Romero.

“Read Might Is Right by Ragnar Redbeard. Why overcrowd towns and pave more open space to make room for hordes of mestizos and Silicon Valley white twats?” wrote 19-year-old Santino William Legan next to a picture of a Smokey Bear sign on fire safety. “Might is Right” is a white supremacist, anti-Semitic manifesto authored under a pseudonym by an anarchist activist in 1890 which, among other things, advocates for women as pr
The murderer in Gilroy is named Santino William Legan. He’s Iranian and hates “Mestizos”. https://t.co/zwZOvh1d8Rpic.twitter.com/O2CUr0fNHO

— Real Jose Galvan (@Jose_Galvan) July 29, 2He also appears to have posted an image from the festival just before the shooting, captioned with “Ayyy garlic festival time. Come get wasted on overpriced sh*t.”

Legan was reportedly killed at the scene. It remains unclear what his motivation was, but one onlooker said that he proclaimed he was “really angry” as he opened fire.
https://www.rawstory.com/2019/07/gi...lhBBBRHssm9p1AbZXqzGkS-I0zS0TWbnN6eJjNTLOy2Ao

He is of mixed race, claims Italian and Iranian heritage, yet hates mixed race and also hates white twat capitalist who over pave towns and land footprints. So he is a mixed race white supremacist who appears to hate capitalism and urban spraw...we have ourselves a whole new type of political terrorist here fellas. Only in America.

Or maybe we just have an angry confused teen who lost his father a little over a year ago and this shouldn't be made political.

LMAO! This is idiot 101. It needs to be MUCH harder to get a gun. Anyone with $300 in their pocket can go buy a car. Without going through any of the red tape. In fact maybe you guys should start trying to make it harder to buy cars too.

For this to work, the “red tape” would have to be adhered to and enforced.

To buy a gun...

—Gun education class: several week course, not some BS 2-hour online thing.

—Gun education test, upon completion of class: you don’t pass, you don’t get a gun.

—Gun license/registration: registered with the state, needs to be renewed annually.

—Gun insurance: proof of insurance required to purchase a gun. Ever been arrested for a violent crime? No insurance. Diagnosed mental illness? No insurance. Have kids in the house? Your premium is higher. Etc.

And this is in addition to conditions already established — background checks, waiting periods, etc.

Reactions: unIowa
For this to work, the “red tape” would have to be adhered to and enforced.

To buy a gun...

—Gun education class: several week course, not some BS 2-hour online thing.

—Gun education test, upon completion of class: you don’t pass, you don’t get a gun.

—Gun license/registration: registered with the state, needs to be renewed annually.

—Gun insurance: proof of insurance required to purchase a gun. Ever been arrested for a violent crime? No insurance. Diagnosed mental illness? No insurance. Have kids in the house? Your premium is higher. Etc.

And this is in addition to conditions already established — background checks, waiting periods, etc.
They can't adhere to and enforce the current red tape. Everybody wants all these feel-good, warm fuzzy rules, but it's really just good old fashioned erosion of liberty, humping our legs. They will only be adhered to by people who aren't the problem. Enforce the red tape we have now, then come talk to me about adding more.

Not to mention, if requiring voter id is racist, then all these restrictions that will clearly disenfranchise poor minorities is the most racist bunch of mumbo jumbo I've ever seen and you should be ashamed of yourself, you racist bastard.

Last edited:
If all guns were licensed (not realistic at this point) and a person had to carry insurance for owning said guns (call it malpractice insurance for lack of a better term) then insurers would be able to look into medical records and also require mental health evaluations for issuing said insurance. If they deem someone unfit they could notify the authorities that someone now has an uninsured firearm in their possession.

It isn't very likely to happen but it may be the most reasonable approach even though it seems compliance would be unatainable.
Honestly, a type of liability or collateral insurance for owning a firearm isn't a bad idea.

And there it is.

Why have any laws!

I was waiting for that response. No, that's not what is meant. We should have laws. We already have laws that are needed. We don't need additional laws that do nothing to solve the problem. If you can come up with a solution, then let's explore that.

Reactions: RTM58
His grandfather was a:

• Muslim
  • Illegal immigrant
  • West Point graduate

One of these is true. Which one is it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT