ADVERTISEMENT

Active shooter at Garlic Festival in Ca

Insurance also doesn't stop people from stealing cars. I was just tossing out an idea.

This is why nothing ever gets done is because people shoot something down thinking about the end goal, and never take a positive step forward.

If your idea was to require insurance to compensate victims of shootings, I provided an explanation why that is not feasible. If your idea was to have insurance so gun owners would be required to have a health and competency rating, then boil your idea down to its core and suggest gun owners should have a competency and mental health raring

If your idea was to require insurance to compensate victims of shootings, I provided an explanation why that is not feasible. If your idea was to have insurance so gun owners would be required to have a health and competency rating, then boil your idea down to its core and suggest gun owners should have a competency and mental health raring
Man, I was just throwing out an idea based off another post. I'm going to let it go and move on.

Reactions: unIowa
you think they didn't? so they blindly said all people have the God-given right to defend themselves with guns, because they were too stupid and naïve to know there was mental illness out there in the world? no, basically they knew in fact there was mental illness out there, and that IS PRECISELY why they thought they better say god or the creator grants us the right to defend ourselves with arms.

So George Washington and Thomas Jefferson understood psychiatry before it even existed as a term in 1808? Even though it was passed in 1798 and the first person really credited with studying mental illness was a layperson in 1796. And in 1788 King George fell deeply into the grip of what we would now call bipolar depression and dementia but his treatment consisted only of a “mad doctor” placing him in a restraining jacket, making him take daily purgatives to poop and vomit, and long sessions where the doctor stared at him silently.

But yeah, the founders knew all about PTSD and depression in 1798 decades and even centuries before actual doctors did. Because MAGA!

Reactions: MuscoHawk
I was waiting for that response. No, that's not what is meant. We should have laws. We already have laws that are needed. We don't need additional laws that do nothing to solve the problem. If you can come up with a solution, then let's explore that.

No law or set of laws is going to “solve” the problem. Additional laws might help, though. Unfortunately, the mindset of the right appears to be that no law should be implemented unless it completely eradicates mass shootings- which of course is an absurd stance to take.

He is of mixed race, claims Italian and Iranian heritage, yet hates mixed race and also hates white twat capitalist who over pave towns and land footprints. So he is a mixed race white supremacist who appears to hate capitalism and urban spraw...we have ourselves a whole new type of political terrorist here fellas. Only in America.

Or maybe we just have an angry confused teen who lost his father a little over a year ago and this shouldn't be made political.

How is he of “Mixed Race”? You realize Iranians are Caucasians? Iran is literally IN the Caucus.

I realize Iranian Men are usually darkly tanned because of the weather but their covered up women look like this.

main-qimg-9df158824fdbfd2254a6b93a26f22b10-c

I guess on Fauxnews and whatever other Magat “news” Iranians are now another race and not Caucasian. But for the future Iranian, Russian, Armenians and everyone else in the Caucus region are....wait for it....Caucasian.

And Italians are also Caucasians unless you go with your Nazi Germany one drop rule from when the Moors invaded. Oops, forgot who I was talking to. I guess for the FauxNews set he’s “Mixed Race” and not white.

How is he of “Mixed Race”? You realize Iranians are Caucasians? Iran is literally IN the Caucus.

I realize Iranian Men are usually darkly tanned because of the weather but their covered up women look like this.

I guess on Fauxnews and whatever other Magat “news” Iranians are now another race and not Caucasian. But for the future Iranian, Russian, Armenians and everyone else in the Caucus region are....wait for it....Caucasian.

And Italians are also Caucasians unless you go with your Nazi Germany one drop rule from when the Moors invaded. Oops, forgot who I was talking to. I guess for the FauxNews set he’s “Mixed Race” and not white.

Are you sure it wasn't the Moops?

No law or set of laws is going to “solve” the problem. Additional laws might help, though. Unfortunately, the mindset of the right appears to be that no law should be implemented unless it completely eradicates mass shootings- which of course is an absurd stance to take.

Funny, left wing posters are arguing in another thread that a wall won't stop illegals moving drugs across the border.

My point was not about not having any new laws. My point was about new laws that would solve the problem. Most laws proposed by gun control advocates do nothing to solve the problem.

Since you appear to be trying to deliver a geography lesson, I believe the term you were aiming for there is the Caucasus region. A ‘caucus’ is a meeting.

Carry on.

Funny, left wing posters are arguing in another thread that a wall won't stop illegals moving drugs across the border.

My point was not about not having any new laws. My point was about new laws that would solve the problem. Most laws proposed by gun control advocates do nothing to solve the problem.

People like to believe they can have an impact on large complex issues such as this OR illegal immigration or whatever. The fact is they can't and won't have an impact however their egos won't allow them to wrap their minds around that reality.

Should we update our laws, all laws, from time to time...yep. Will these updates have any profound impacts on how society operates, probably not. But it might make a group of people feel better about themselves for a bit of time.

Since you appear to be trying to deliver a geography lesson, I believe the term you were aiming for there is the Caucasus region. A ‘caucus’ is a meeting.

Carry on.

My Siri (British English) setting doesn’t recognise that as a word and I’m past fighting it over z’s instead of s’s and other minor things. Everyone knew what I was saying.

Reactions: afmiller
People like to believe they can have an impact on large complex issues such as this OR illegal immigration or whatever. The fact is they can't and won't have an impact however their egos won't allow them to wrap their minds around that reality.

I'll take, message boards in two sentences
#activist

Reactions: unIowa

Not so sure Arabs are not Caucasian, too, although one definition of Arab is one who speaks Arabian. Yes, many are "brown." But some aren't. This is in reference to one of the Squad ladies. BTW, when I got online late last night, the sheriff was giving a report and the shooter was listed as Ian Long, 28, former Marine. So now there is Long and this other shooter?

Yes, Might is Right is the new manifesto for the incel white community and guess who keeps shooting everything up....incel whites. It blames everything that is wrong in life on women and minorities and divides everything into a good “master mentality” (meaning it’s good to promote white power and violence and aggression) and bad “slave mentality” (meaning it’s bad to show compassion, have family oriented values, treat women as more than property etc..).

And as a sidenote, big portions of the modern Satanic Bible are cribbed from Might is Right.

As someone else stated above, if you're talking "solve" as in completely all gun-related crimes will be eliminated, of course we're never going to get to zero, though we should never stop trying for that.

We should be looking to tackle this from all perspectives, from mental health to family situations to gun control. It too often gets this treatment from everyone that these are all mutually exclusive, that tackling one means we can't look at other options at the same time.

Are there any gun control measures out there that you would be supportive of?

Reactions: MuscoHawk
Not so sure Arabs are not Caucasian, too, although one definition of Arab is one who speaks Arabian. Yes, many are "brown." But some aren't. This is in reference to one of the Squad ladies. BTW, when I got online late last night, the sheriff was giving a report and the shooter was listed as Ian Long, 28, former Marine. So now there is Long and this other shooter?

Ian Long is the shooter at Thousand Oaks so if he said that, it was probably a cut and paste speech that someone forgot to paste the new name into.

But there is still allegations of a second shooter. A lot of time because of the panic, a second shooter is just responding LEOs or bystanders being misidentified. But there are reports of LEOs “chasing” a second gunman, so maybe there was.

My Siri (British English) setting doesn’t recognise that as a word and I’m past fighting it over z’s instead of s’s and other minor things. Everyone knew what I was saying.
Why did Siri capitalize ‘Caucus’? Did she post the picture for you too?

Look, you got a little cocky and made a mistake. These things happen. But blaming your error on a voice-activated virtual assistant only makes you look worse. Just be a man, own your mistake, and keep moving forward.

As someone else stated above, if you're talking "solve" as in completely all gun-related crimes will be eliminated, of course we're never going to get to zero, though we should never stop trying for that.

We should be looking to tackle this from all perspectives, from mental health to family situations to gun control. It too often gets this treatment from everyone that these are all mutually exclusive, that tackling one means we can't look at other options at the same time.

Are there any gun control measures out there that you would be supportive of?

I'm in favor of tightening up existing laws around mental health reporting and use in background checks. I'd refocus some of the vast resources the federal government is already using to track US citizens to take a bigger look at people who post threats on social media. The NSA can simply forward tips to local law enforcement.

There are pros and cons to the mental health reporting thing though. Let's say there's a military vet with PTSD. This vet likes to plink squirrels with a .22 rifle. If he gets diagnosed with PTSD, he might get his .22 rifle taken away, so he decides he's better off not seeking treatment, even though he has no desire to shoot people, and is not a threat to shoot people.

Iranians are Persians, not Arabs.

Per Google:
Iranians are Persian. Both ethnic Persians and other Iranian ethnicities such as Kurds and Azeris are considered White (Caucasian). The United States Census Bureau defines White people as those "having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East-North Africa."

So George Washington and Thomas Jefferson understood psychiatry before it even existed as a term in 1808? Even though it was passed in 1798 and the first person really credited with studying mental illness was a layperson in 1796. And in 1788 King George fell deeply into the grip of what we would now call bipolar depression and dementia but his treatment consisted only of a “mad doctor” placing him in a restraining jacket, making him take daily purgatives to poop and vomit, and long sessions where the doctor stared at him silently.

But yeah, the founders knew all about PTSD and depression in 1798 decades and even centuries before actual doctors did. Because MAGA!

When Henry VIII dissolved the religious orders, he seized the Bethlem Hospital in London, England's only asylum for the mentally ill. However, shortly before he died in 1547 he transferred its control to the Corporation of London. It then became a civic rather than a religious institution.

But the City aldermen struggled to keep it running and in 1574, they handed its management to the Bridewell, a hospital for the 'idle poor'. The Bethlem at this time could only hold a maximum of 40 people and was often only half full.

The new governors had a strict admission policy, taking in only those who were 'raving and furious and capable of cure, or if not yet are likely to do mischief to themselves or others'. . . .

The Bethlem's first medical 'keeper'
In 1619, Helkiah Crooke became the Bethlem's first medically qualified 'keeper'. He was a controversial character who had accused the previous keeper of irregularities and who was constantly at odds with the Royal College of Physicians.

Unfortunately, his medical qualification was all that distinguished him from previous keepers. In 1632, a Royal Commission found that he had been falsifying accounts and stealing donations while depriving his patients of food and basic comforts.

Crook was dismissed in 1633, but his influence was long-lasting. His appointment reflected changing attitudes to treating the mentally ill. It was no longer felt to be a matter for lay people using traditional methods - from now on, the hospital would always be run by a medical officer with a team of medical staff.
https://historicengland.org.uk/rese...ental-illness-in-the-16th-and-17th-centuries/

Yes, Might is Right is the new manifesto for the incel white community and guess who keeps shooting everything up....incel whites. It blames everything that is wrong in life on women and minorities and divides everything into a good “master mentality” (meaning it’s good to promote white power and violence and aggression) and bad “slave mentality” (meaning it’s bad to show compassion, have family oriented values, treat women as more than property etc..).

And as a sidenote, big portions of the modern Satanic Bible are cribbed from Might is Right.

Santino William Legan was a white supremacists

Reactions: FSUTribe76
What a stupid comment.

White do not shoot everything. Basic counting can tell you that.

A black person is WAY more likely to shoot someone

Feel free to post a graph or actual data showing otherwise, kiddo

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...ings-united-states.html?mtrref=www.google.com

Almost all school shootings are young white males. Almost all public shootings where the victims are strangers/innocent audience members are white males. Almost all former workplace shootings are white males.

Magat media can claim only proportionality (because if you define it like this then nonLatino white males are shooters 63% of the time and make up 61% of the population) if you use the FBI definition of a mass shooting meaning more than 4 victims. But that definition means that gang violence where the shooter is trying to kill specific people often in private settings is blended in with public shootings where innocents are purposefully slaughtered.

So yeah, black males are proportionally more likely to participate in gang violence and kill each other. And white males are proportionally more likely to shoot up a random mall, a fair, a movie theatre and especially a school to just murder ANYONE. Guess which one I’m not concerned about considering I’m not a Blood or a Crip?

Last edited:
Ian Long is the shooter at Thousand Oaks so if he said that, it was probably a cut and paste speech that someone forgot to paste the new name into.

But there is still allegations of a second shooter. A lot of time because of the panic, a second shooter is just responding LEOs or bystanders being misidentified. But there are reports of LEOs “chasing” a second gunman, so maybe there was.
A lot of times people think there is a second shooter because of the gunshot echos. It often sounds like they hear shots from one direction, and immediately from the other. It's fairly common for someone to say they thought there was a 2nd shooter.

It's very possible there is in this instance, but equally possible there wasn't.

We almost went to this thing this weekend as I heard the food is great. The radio said that the police neutralized the shooter within a minute of him opening fire. :eek::eek::eek:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT