ADVERTISEMENT

Addison O’Grady commits to Iowa Webb.

6’3” post from Colorado. welcome Addison!

GTMlEVWy6H4X1IXUfkKDC0nADR6HcsFzVMA9E79SPeYOBxXQeSoiw9c8PA_0FJWWAxBSXvktURebtHKcxa_d5grkMfDKBjcxHS7NH9NXUghJN4nL1stfZsg7oa4c51cJhntM

Very nice pick up, espn has her 4 best at her position and 37 best overall. The future looks very very bright for the lady hawks

4 star recruit, too.

From ESPN.com:

USA Trials-May 2019: Versatile, blue-collar front court performer; a workhorse on the glass, scores through contact in the block; mobile in uptempo game; emerging face up game in the key and short corner keeps the defense guessing; continues to develop as a coveted interior player in the 2021 class.

• Centennial, CO: HOMETOWN
  • Grandview: HIGH SCHOOL
  • 6-3 HEIGHT
  • #37: OVERALL RANK
  • #4: POSITION RANK
LINK: http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/236622/addison-ogrady

Bluder's recruiting seems like it's really been picking up the past few years. Lady Hawks could be in for a sustained run of B10 contention.
I honestly think that Gustafson being the consensus National Player of the Year is paying huge dividends.

And then, of course, Iowa made a run to the elite 8. Bluder has been on National Coach of the Year watch lists the last 2 years, too. Just a lot of great national publicity for Lisa's program, which I think has helped tremendously on the recruiting trail.

And Iowa plays a brand of ball that is fun. Iowa scores a lot of points.

And the program is known for having a very family like atmosphere.

And, the result? 2 huge, recent recruiting wins:

5 star PG in the 2020 class
4 star Center in the 2021 class

Last edited:
I honestly think that Gustafson being the consensus National Player of the Year is paying huge dividends.

And then, of course, Iowa made a run to the elite 8. Bluder has been on National Coach of the Year watch lists the last 2 years, too.

Bluder is set up for a very nice run toward the end of her career. Clark coming on board, recent success of Gustafson and the team make Iowa very attractive for players that fit into Bluder's system. Really good players know they will be playing with one of the best recruits in the country and for a coach that has created a winning culture.

And then, of course, Iowa made a run to the elite 8. Bluder has been on National Coach of the Year watch lists the last 2 years, too. Just a lot of great national publicity for Lisa's program, which I think has helped tremendously on the recruiting trail.

And Iowa plays a brand of ball that is fun. Iowa scores a lot of points.

And the program is known for having a very family like atmosphere.

2 huge recent recruiting wins:

... and home attendance has ‘skyrocketed’ the last 3-4 years by about 50%. Average attendance was over 7100 this year and nearly 7K last year. Iowa had a few 5-digit in attendance games these last two seasons and there no doubt were recruits attending those games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Franisdaman
4 star recruit, too.

From ESPN.com:

USA Trials-May 2019: Versatile, blue-collar front court performer; a workhorse on the glass, scores through contact in the block; mobile in uptempo game; emerging face up game in the key and short corner keeps the defense guessing; continues to develop as a coveted interior player in the 2021 class.

• Centennial, CO: HOMETOWN
  • Grandview: HIGH SCHOOL
  • 6-3 HEIGHT
  • #37: OVERALL RANK
  • #4: POSITION RANK
LINK: http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/236622/addison-ogrady

Another 2021 4* commit for Bluder:

Allison Ediger 6'3" Forward Hamilton, MI
#51 overall per ESPN 2021 Top 60

Great sign. The girl's team took a major status step up (with all the recruiting and officiating advantages that come with that new status) with the Claire Till generation teams. Its been pretty much upward and onward since then.

Does anyone know how many opportunities Iowa had/has for a boys/girls double header on home games? Next season both squads will be highly ranked, stocked with 4* recruits and expected to win. You could just have Iowa basketball blowouts with 5 or 6 hours of search engines and #iowabasketball flying around the internet. A good marketing department could create quite a media event. Create a blowout party environment and use it as an all sports recruiting weekend.

Tue., April 07, 2020
By Jeff Linder

Addison O'Grady, post from Colorado, commits to Iowa women's basketball
6-foot-4 junior listed as No. 37 prospect in 2021 class

O’Grady, who averaged 11 points and seven rebounds per game as a junior as Grandview went 24-3, picked the Hawkeyes over Utah, Washington and Colorado.

“Their style of play, I think it will fit me really well,” O’Grady said Wednessday. “They play together; they play a fun style.”

“That definitely played a factor for me,”
O’Grady said. “The success of the post players at Iowa ... I love the idea of Coach Jan as my coach.”

Great sign. The girl's team took a major status step up (with all the recruiting and officiating advantages that come with that new status) with the Claire Till generation teams. Its been pretty much upward and onward since then.

Does anyone know how many opportunities Iowa had/has for a boys/girls double header on home games? Next season both squads will be highly ranked, stocked with 4* recruits and expected to win. You could just have Iowa basketball blowouts with 5 or 6 hours of search engines and #iowabasketball flying around the internet. A good marketing department could create quite a media event. Create a blowout party environment and use it as an all sports recruiting weekend.
I think the women will still be a bit ‘under the radar’ at the beginning of the season and expectations will be modest. But there is considerable interest and enthusiasm for the women right now with attendance at an all time high and hopes are also high for next season.
Still, with catchphrases like Iowa basketball blowout, blowout party environment and #iowabasketball, I believe your sports recruiting marketing idea has merit.

Last edited:
Grandview junior Addison O’Grady has clearly been working on her skill set over the summer and early part of the season, flashing range from beyond the arc and dominance inside...

Game Notes - Grandview:
The Wolves made the mistake of not playing their duo of Addison O’Grady and Lauren Betts enough in the title game last March. Tonight was a different story as the two combined for 33 points. O’Grady finished with a team-high 17 points, while Betts was right behind her with 16 of her own. Betts looked polished and comfortable in the paint, while O’Grady showed an expansion to her range.

https://www.basketballcolorado.com/upset-in-the-centennial-league/

Last edited:
I hope Lisa continues with the 6'1" to 6'3" forwards that can shoot the 3 and take it to the hoop, see McKenna Warnock, and actually Amanda Olinger although her 3 point shooting wasn't very good. I had heard she was a very good shooter in HS. I think those types are nightmares for opposing guards.

“The girl's team took a major status step up (with all the recruiting and officiating advantages that come with that new status) with the Claire Till generation teams.”

Makes Claire sound way more important than she was.

“The girl's team took a major status step up (with all the recruiting and officiating advantages that come with that new status) with the Claire Till generation teams.”

Could you explain the Till mention please?

I'm sure she was a good teammate, but she didn't get much other than garbage minutes, IIRC.

Claire spent most of her 4 years with injuries, her knees as I recalled. I would have like to have seen a healthy Claire for 4 years. She was pretty intense when she played.

Reactions: hagarwood
Claire spent most of her 4 years with injuries, her knees as I recalled. I would have like to have seen a healthy Claire for 4 years. She was pretty intense when she played.
You are right. She was tough as nails and might have been the best rebounder we have had. (when healthy) It is a shame she was never 100%.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT