ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Ferrari in the house last night

Turns out, I’m no troll. That’s apparently for those posting with intent to hide allegiance, give deceitful intel, or falsely flatter Hawks. I’m not that, just a confessed Lion (and Spencer) fan who visits for wrestling insights that differ from the den. That said, I’ll offer these random outsider thoughts, unwanted as ever.
Wouldn’t fret much over Ayala’s loss, especially a 1-move decision. He’s looked good, definitely a top-4 seed with a legit title shot at the year’s Wild West weight. Franek’s close bouts wouldn’t scare me either. Means he’s never more than a move away from winning every damn one, even as stakes rise. Legit title contender, too. And without Alirez, I’d bet Woods gets his gold. Would love to see Gabe’s vision quest match with Starocci if it doesn’t interfere with redshirt plans. And as I’ve said over there, I’m rooting for Glazier against all but Brooks. That’s how much I enjoyed his response to Birdboy at your SS. As for AJ himself, I got nothing. No one does. For a kid so committed to keeping his body in shape, it’s strange he wouldn’t apply the same discipline to this precious chance to compete again, especially with brothers. As an old-school (and plain old) guy, I don’t think the “turn myself into a celebrity” social media stuff helps much.
That’s it. Counting days to Feb 9. Non-troll (ha) out.
do you think AJ really wants to compete? doesn't really seem so

pretty clear that he doesn't love wrestling...he loves the attention his wrestling has brought him. so if he can get that attention by talking sh*t or starting hilariously forced, fake media battles to get that attention, he'll do that. it's a whole lot easier than wrestling

Lol, you are falling victim to reading it how you want to, versus how it is. I am not remotely defending his actions. He has made a ton of dumb decisions. All I have said is they don’t bother me nearly as much as many of you and apparently they don’t bother the legal system nearly that much either. Or, he would have done some jail time.

Look, the kid needs to clean his act up. He has almost another year to do it. If he can, Iowa ends up with an NCAA DI champ on their roster. If he doesn’t, he doesn’t get on the team and the amount of damage done is the exact same when they tried it with Downey…..exactly zero.

Also, remember I clearly stated he gets absolute zero tolerance for any and all legal issues. If he gets cited for j-walking, he is gone. If he messes up in the class room, he is gone. If he is a dick, I can live with it. Plenty of top notch wrestlers have been and are socks and plenty more will be after he is gone…
a8dcf0ca5257693656a2120bb129b27b.jpeg

Wrestling may be moot.

421508949_344264051820112_5651908439224500285_n.jpg
All the never Ferrari guys should be jacked about this post, especially since it looks like he may convince Anthony to flush his chance at a free education down the drain and join him getting kicked in the head for a living. Should go the Bo route, leaves more options if mma fails. Also gives better chance to get to UFC with more wrestling fame and accolades behind you. Would be poor decision to bail to low level mma events, in front of 100 people. I’m sure they would do ok at that level being superior athletes to those guys, but no money there.

All the never Ferrari guys should be jacked about this post, especially since it looks like he may convince Anthony to flush his chance at a free education down the drain and join him getting kicked in the head for a living. Should go the Bo route, leaves more options if mma fails. Also gives better chance to get to UFC with more wrestling fame and accolades behind you. Would be poor decision to bail to low level mma events, in front of 100 people. I’m sure they would do ok at that level being superior athletes to those guys, but no money there.

"Christina loving"? Could somebody help with the interpretation? I don't don't get it.

If you think him never making the team or Downey for that matter hurt(s) Iowa in any way, you aren’t bright, are a PSU troll and have zero vested interest in Iowa to even begin to care…
So you think this is good for parents of recruits?

Naw. He’s talking about Christian Piles.
But who really loves Christian Pyles in NCAA or USA wrestling? That's where he lost me. Meth makes more sense contextually. Then again, I did see his interview where he referred to Pyles as Christina and he's not the most gifted communicator, so yeah, probably a Pyles reference.

Reactions: el dub
But who really loves Christian Pyles in NCAA or USA wrestling? That's where he lost me. Meth makes more sense contextually. Then again, I did see his interview where he referred to Pyles as Christina and he's not the most gifted communicator, so yeah, probably a Pyles reference.
They gots beef.

Reactions: PD4thespawn
Your overthinking it 😄

I’m pretty neutral on giving AJ a chance to earn his way onto the team, but last night’s handling of him by the UI was disappointing to say the least.
You sound like another AJ aplogist. The UI could launch his effin ass to the moon and no one should be disappointed in the “handling of him”. As a member of a civilized society, he has earned some rough handling. Don’t pretend you don’t have enough information to know he’s deserving.

You sound like another AJ aplogist. The UI could launch his effin ass to the moon and no one should be disappointed in the “handling of him”. As a member of a civilized society, he has earned some rough handling. Don’t pretend you don’t have enough information to know he’s deserving.
Being neutral on AJ could be an Insider's way of walking that tightrope. That’s about as far out on a limb some will go at present, imo.

FerrariFondler should be someone’s handle

Lol, look at all the legit dudes hangin together in the background, then look at the 2 primadonna meatheads promoting themselves in the foreground. smh

They are getting absolutely crushed by PSU in recruiting. Newsflash, so is EVERYONE else. Trying to make AJ work isn't going to make them lose ANYONE they weren't already most likely not getting anyway...
Don't know how you can say that.

Plenty of elite recruits don't go to psu...and Iowa already has trouble getting those guys.

Having this around the room certainly can't help...think back to Kem. He was put off by the culture of the room at first. Wouldn't be shocking if some guys are put off by this BS.

Lol, look at all the legit dudes hangin together in the background, then look at the 2 primadonna meatheads promoting themselves in the foreground. smh
I looks like you and the rest of the anti Ferrari gang are getting what you want. AJ back in Florida training mma, sounding bitter about wrestling. I’m just surprised it looks like Anthony may follow him. He has 2 semesters of school and several months of living in Iowa city without drama. Even looked like he started attending the same church the Arnold’s go to. Took it well while being booed and heckled while walking off the mat after loosing at the SS. This is a huge mistake he’s making following AJ off the cliff. Just hope Angelo comes and makes his own path in life. Now who do you propose our 197 and 157 will be next year if they do leave??

Drug slang for amphetamines. Possibly implying they are meth heads (i.e. crystal meth = Christina in drug code).
Are you on meth? jfc

Plenty of elite recruits don't go to psu...and Iowa already has trouble getting those guys.

Having this around the room certainly can't help...think back to Kem. He was put off by the culture of the room at first. Wouldn't be shocking if some guys are put off by this BS.
Chaos and drama and uncertainty don’t make for a great sales pitch? Whoulda thunk?

I looks like you and the rest of the anti Ferrari gang are getting what you want. AJ back in Florida training mma, sounding bitter about wrestling. I’m just surprised it looks like Anthony may follow him. He has 2 semesters of school and several months of living in Iowa city without drama. Even looked like he started attending the same church the Arnold’s go to. Took it well while being booed and heckled while walking off the mat after loosing at the SS. This is a huge mistake he’s making following AJ off the cliff. Just hope Angelo comes and makes his own path in life. Now who do you propose our 197 and 157 will be next year if they do leave??
So noble of you to care so much about Anthony’s well-being. Only took you one sentence to pivot to your real concern —
our points at 157 and 197.

Siebrecht, Glazier, portal, whatever. The program will survive not having jabronis
and be better for it.

So noble of you to care so much about Anthony’s well-being. Only took you one sentence to pivot to your real concern —

Siebrecht, Glazier, portal, whatever. The program will survive not having jabronis
and be better for it.
You must not play a lot of hockey.

At that time, kem said all the guys cared about was being drunk in the downtown bars all the time. They didn’t have a fraction of the Ferrari work ethic, and the results showed it. Some guys may actually want to be on a team with guys with a good work ethic and a very confident winner attitude, even if they are over the top with their jersey shore schtick.

Since the Ferrari’s won’t be joining the collegiate Hawks this semester, can we table this discussion until next season? Let’s just enjoy this season as best we can and then we can position knives out this summer/fall and take our respective sides on the issue.
Ive been one
I am quite certain NO ONE is saying he didn't do anything. There are just some of us that aren't as bothered by what he has done. Especially when it decides whether he can wrestle for Iowa or not.

I am pretty sure nearly everyone agrees that the guy is a douchebag and comes off as incredibly unintelligent. However, I wrestled with, against and even coached plenty like-minded wrestlers. I am simply desensitized to it and as long as the staff thinks they can make it work and have spoken with the team about it, I have no issue with it as long as he does what the staff requires to make it happen...
id like to hear a list of wrestlers at this high level you compare to AJs antics

and be better for it.
How noble of you to really not give a shit what happens to the team as long as everyone on the team pleases you with their personality. I thought you may suggest Chittum would come back, like Kaden Proctor did on the football team.

How noble of you to really not give a shit what happens to the team as long as everyone on the team pleases you with their personality. I thought you may suggest Chittum would come back, like Kaden Proctor did on the football team.
I care about the reputation of the program. About how the program represents the University. How the decent people on the team can work and compete in a healthy environment.

Points are desired, too, but not to the detriment of the above.

I was at the PU meet, sitting a few rows away from AJ and his brother. Well before the meet started, a ton of kids and their parents were flocking to the Ferrari brothers seats, asking for autographs, pictures and shaking hands. It kept up throughout the meet and finally Josh Berka came up to the seats and asked AJ to move upstairs so the fans sitting around us could see the action on the mat. That's when a couple of knucklehead fans sitting across the aisle from AJ started harrassing Berka, who only then got firm with the fans and told them to stay out of it and mind their own business. They continued to harass Berka but AJ was compliant and moved upstairs to keep signing autographs and take pictures. He then returned to his seat and watched the rest of the meet without fan interference.

They are getting absolutely crushed by PSU in recruiting. Newsflash, so is EVERYONE else. Trying to make AJ work isn't going to make them lose ANYONE they weren't already most likely not getting anyway...
Other than Chittum, who they already lost because of them, but that water under the bridge at this point, I guess.

Rotisserie is actually looking at what's best for the team. AJ on the Hawkeye team would be catastrophic for the entire program and if you can't see that now, you never will. He doesn't seem to be grateful for anything he's been blessed with, including chances to prove he's capable of being on the Hawkeye team. Sacrificing the program's standard is not worth the roller-coaster that would be with him on the team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT