ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Ferrari in the house last night

He must have REALLY asked for a lot if we went after four guys instead of paying him the going rate for top ten talent.

Feel free to ask around on here. I am not remotely as connected as many here and I still have been given enough info to feel extremely confident saying what I did…

Reactions: kkhawk and el dub
Feel free to ask around on here. I am not remotely as connected as many here and I still have been given enough info to feel extremely confident saying what I did…
I’m not doubting what your saying.

That narrative doesn’t sell. The real truth is Chittum’s dad wanted more than Iowa was willing to give. Which is exactly why they went and got Franek and the Ferrari’s…
Right. It was the offer, not the fact that Brands brought in a guy who pulled a knife on Chittum in a fight in high school then got kicked out of the school. Here is a full timeline to jog your memory:

22-23: Chittum as a verbal commit greyshirts with HWC and competes in FS open tournaments

3/20/23: Anthony Ferrari, who famously was kicked out of Blair Academy after an altercation with Chittum, commits to Iowa

5/9/23: Chittum flips commitment to Iowa St. Says he cried at the thought of leaving the HWC guys he trained with for a year but had to specifically because he'd rather not be in the room with Anthony Ferrari.
"I cried leaving," Chittum added. "I love those guys (in the Iowa program). I'm going to miss them."

Things changed in March when Anthony Ferrari announced his commitment to the Hawkeyes. Ferrari's commitment and his plans to join the program — he has not officially signed yet, but projects at 157/165 — rubbed Chittum the wrong way. He didn't dive into details in his brief conversation with the Register, but he allowed that he'd rather leave Iowa City than be teammates with the Ferraris.

5/30/23: Franek enters transfer portal

6/17/23: Franek and Caliendo portal into Iowa

So, Chittum, who had been training with HWC for a whole year, transferred out a month after the commitment of a sociopathic hoodlum who pulled a knife on him in high school leading to his expulsion. He said he cried at the thought of leaving his HWC teammates and specifically cited the Ferraris as the reason he left. Then, a full month later, TnT recruited Franek/Caliendo to replace the hole in the lineup that created.

But, we are to believe that he didn't leave because of the Ferraris at all (despite specifically saying that he did) but rather left because Slumlord Millionaire didn't give him a big enough bag? And that they were actively recruiting Franek as a replacement before he left even though he didn't enter the portal until 3 weeks later and there was no inkling that he (& Caliendo) were looking at Iowa until a month after he left?

My God, the mountain of cope required to believe that is so big that no amount of mental gymnastics will get you to the top of it. LOL.

Right. It was the offer, not the fact that Brands brought in a guy who pulled a knife on Chittum in a fight in high school then got kicked out of the school. Here is a full timeline to jog your memory:

22-23: Chittum as a verbal commit greyshirts with HWC and competes in FS open tournaments

3/20/23: Anthony Ferrari, who famously was kicked out of Blair Academy after an altercation with Chittum, commits to Iowa

5/9/23: Chittum flips commitment to Iowa St. Says he cried at the thought of leaving the HWC guys he trained with for a year but had to specifically because he'd rather not be in the room with Anthony Ferrari.

So, Chittum, who had been training with HWC for a whole year, transferred out a month after the commitment of a sociopathic hoodlum who pulled a knife on him in high school leading to his expulsion. He said he cried at the thought of leaving his HWC teammates and specifically cited the Ferraris as the reason he left. Then, a full month later, TnT recruited Franek/Caliendo to replace the hole in the lineup that created.

But, we are to believe that he didn't leave because of the Ferraris at all (despite specifically saying that he did) but rather left because Slumlord Millionaire didn't give him a big enough bag? And that they were actively recruiting Franek as a replacement before he left even though he didn't enter the portal until 3 weeks later and there was no inkling that he (& Caliendo) were looking at Iowa until a month after he left?

My God, the mountain of cope required to believe that is so big that no amount of mental gymnastics will get you to the top of it. LOL.
That was a decently long reply, stand by for his response it promises to dwarf yours by several paragraphs……….

it doens't have to be 100% one reason or another....very easy to think that maybe the chittums weren't thrilled with a limited scholarship offer (why he never signed the NLI) and then coaches brought in a guy who pulled a knife on him in the past...which was the final straw

Franek and Caliendo were both looking to transfer before they entered the portal. Kisch took the job at Oklahoma on 05/02/23.

The response which said that the Ferraris were the final straw? I'll take that as a concession on your part. LOL.
LMFAO. Which happened first? Do you think he was going to settle for less if the Ferrari's didn't come? He was 1 foot out the door and THAT is a major reason why they went the way they did. It was simply convenience for the Chittums to go with that instead of saying money was the main catalyst.

If not, why had he not yet signed? Was his dad Nostrodamus? He could see the future and knew the Ferraris were coming? Come on man, see the forest through the trees...

So, here is my concession to you, it was 83% the money and 17% the Ferrari's. You good with that?

LMFAO. Which happened first? Do you think he was going to settle for less if the Ferrari's didn't come? He was 1 foot out the door and THAT is a major reason why they went the way they did. It was simply convenience for the Chittums to go with that instead of saying money was the main catalyst.

If not, why had he not yet signed? Was his dad Nostrodamus? He could see the future and knew the Ferraris were coming? Come on man, see the forest through the trees...

So, here is my concession to you, it was 83% the money and 17% the Ferrari's. You good with that?
You either think everyone here is stupid or you are stupid. Which is it?

it doens't have to be 100% one reason or another....very easy to think that maybe the chittums weren't thrilled with a limited scholarship offer (why he never signed the NLI) and then coaches brought in a guy who pulled a knife on him in the past...which was the final straw
Did Chittums file charges for pulling a knife on their son? How could you let that go by without filing charges?

If chittum would have signed, I bet they would not have gone after Anthony as their future 157, since that is the weight chittum was going to fill.

• Haha
Reactions: Agoodnap
Did Chittums file charges for pulling a knife on their son? How could you let that go by without filing charges?
That’s what I thought, threatening someone with a deadly weapon isn’t legal, and I would think there would be something in writing somewhere about this incident. Blair should have some documentation if this is why they kicked him out of the school.

Dope.

This proves nothing other than he got in a fist fight with a few guys. Nothing about threatening chittum with a deadly weapon, or attempted murder shooting up someone’s house. He didn’t even get triggered with getting flexed on and booed off the mat at the satulte. He must be taking what he learned in his anger management classes seriously. I wish AJ would have attended with him.

Anyone else notice MSU’s tell when he is hot and bothered?
“Have a great day!”

Not remotely accurate. Kill them with kindness is the best response when someone starts to either imply or directly insult. Have a great day is simply the best response to let them know I won’t go down that road.

So, please make sure to have a good night as it is too late to say good day!

Reactions: T8KUDWN
You either think everyone here is stupid or you are stupid. Which is it?

ba821106-3a55-4ae3-90de-f97a6be1378d_text.gif

When PSU fans are insulting me…

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/f0/00/B11BF63C-3327-4BA2-B151-3809135FAE4B/IMG_7405.gif
In this very post you said this to me:
If you think him never making the team or Downey for that matter hurt(s) Iowa in any way, you aren’t bright, are a PSU troll and have zero vested interest in Iowa to even begin to care…

Don't you like it when somebody calls you stupid? SMH
d597982f-0041-4400-818d-c37fe394e1d8_text.gif

Reactions: Lambertt
In this very post you said this to me:
If you think him never making the team or Downey for that matter hurt(s) Iowa in any way, you aren’t bright, are a PSU troll and have zero vested interest in Iowa to even begin to care…

Don't you like it when somebody calls you stupid? SMH
d597982f-0041-4400-818d-c37fe394e1d8_text.gif

I clarified it with if. The main reason why is because I don’t think you actually believe it, you are a PSU troll and you absolutely have zero vested interest. So, I legitimately didn’t insult you. I called you out for being exactly what you are. A PSU fan that is on here stirring the pot, with absolutely no other objective.

Seriously, though……Isn’t it rather interesting that there are so many PSU fans on this board commenting on the AJ Ferrari topic? I wonder why that is…
My guess is:
1. PSU has the largest fan base in the country.
2. A couple of those fans are gonna find this Board and chime in on a story that is currently relevant to Iowa wrestling.
3. What the Brands do and the constant soap opera drama revolving around Iowa wrestling make easy storylines and topics for discussion no matter the fan base.

If AJ to Iowa didn't exist, this wouldn't be happening. If Brands didn't exist, there'd be fewer issues at Iowa. Address the issues and the problems go away. It's rather simple.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT