ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Ferrari in the house last night

So why do you believe in GUILTY until PROVEN innocent??? I’m mocked by you and all the other Ferrari haters for believing in just the opposite, which used to be the way our justice system was supposed to work. Instead of hoping these 3 young men crash and burn so they will never be on our team, I would like to have them be Iowa redemption and success stories like Austin was. If this is true, then Anthony blew his chance for this to happen and will be practicing his mma in a prison.
Guilty until proven innocent isn't a thing in a judgement call. It's a thing for a criminal trial. Civil is different than criminal. And for something like a preference or privilege or similar you make a judgment call.

430745416_10222985849338223_3290788918915469382_n.jpg

I do not think ADS has a disability, I think he has a mental condition or illness that can be managed. He seems like he's doing great to me. But I guess I'm splitting hairs. But yeah overall.
Autism or anything on the "spectrum" is considered a disability, no matter how mild. My company does work with Medicaid/Medicare, and autism falls under the ID/RD waiver program. ID/RD = Intellectual Disabilities and Related Disabilities. We have one guy we take care of that you would never know has a disability. Normal in every way except one. You give him a $1 bill and he will try to buy lunch for four with it. The value of money escapes him but normal in all other ways.

Autism or anything on the "spectrum" is considered a disability, no matter how mild. My company does work with Medicaid/Medicare, and autism falls under the ID/RD waiver program. ID/RD = Intellectual Disabilities and Related Disabilities. We have one guy we take care of that you would never know has a disability. Normal in every way except one. You give him a $1 bill and he will try to buy lunch for four with it. The value of money escapes him but normal in all other ways.
All this talk is thoughtful, but who can cite one reputable published quote from the ADS camp that states he’s on the spectrum? I don’t recall ever seeing one.

All this talk is thoughtful, but who can cite one reputable published quote from the ADS camp that states he’s on the spectrum? I don’t recall ever seeing one.
I haven't. I'm just answering the question about autism being a disability.

The 1st time I ever heard about Austin was listening to a podcast form PA power from right around the time when ADS beat Spencer in the state finals.

It's been a minute, but one of the guys had something on the show where he talked about Austin having autism and I feel like it was well known for them to talk about it they way that they did . . . however, that was a long time ago, and I was not studying or taking notes on it, just listening while doing yardwork. lol.

Btw, this doesn’t make me happy.

I read about their history. Watched interviews. Heard stories.

Which one went to school with Chittum? Ant’nee, right? So, we had knives at Blair, violent behavior in Stillwater and now more alleged violent behavior in Florida.

The real question, imo, would be why you are unwilling/unable to identify serious character flaws and overlook/rationalize the anti-social brr ed savior of exhibited by the Ferrari and Trump crime syndicates.
Why do the libs always like turn everything into politics, especially when they have their own "The Big Guy" of their own? (edited)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sdwrestler_20
I'm not trying to make light of the situation but I think my wife suffers from the same thing with the dollar bill.

I'm not trying to make light of the situation but I think my wife suffers from the same thing with the dollar bill.
I do intake and eligibility for ID/DD.
For a person to receive services in Oregon, there must be at least two major adaptive impairments in functioning along with autism diagnosis.

I do intake and eligibility for ID/DD.

For a person to receive services in Oregon, there must be at least two major adaptive impairments in functioning along with autism diagnosis.
We have a lot of Ukrainians/Russians that move to South Carolina from Oregon with children on the waiver. They miss Oregon's more lenient policies with regard to services.

Reactions: el dub
Yup. And OJ and Casey Anthony are also innocent!
In my opinion they had their day in court and were proven guilty, but had good lawyers and favorable jurors. I’m talking about already judging someone guilty of a crime based off of initial rumors, which is what’s happening with many of you. If this thing has teeth, then obviously he’s gone.

I wake every day and thank God for another day and for my wife who has been through all kinds of difficulties...with me being one of those I am sure... but I guess now I should thank the countless PSU fans who come to this board and tell us how bad our recruits are and how bad the Brands are and how bad ADS was and is now acceptable to their high and mighty PSU morals... I guess living in PA and seeing and hearing all of the inside talk and remembering all of the incidents makes me a little prejudiced about the constant ramblings of the PSU faithful...most who never attended a match until they started winning. Thankfully Iowa is a flat state and that gives these PSU trolls an easier path as they walk on water as the anointed saviors who all know what's best for the Iowa Program. Now if we could just find our own billionaire with an open checkbook so we can do some recruit shopping and get this program going again.

Now if we could just find our own billionaire with an open checkbook so we can do some recruit shopping and get this program going again.
Ummm. You kinda did.

In my opinion they had their day in court and were proven guilty, but had good lawyers and favorable jurors. I’m talking about already judging someone guilty of a crime based off of initial rumors, which is what’s happening with many of you. If this thing has teeth, then obviously he’s gone.
You're trying to have it both ways. Either the justice system and their "beyond reasonable doubt" standard is what matters or it doesn't. What you're doing is substituting your opinion for the court system in the OJ and Casey Anthony cases because of YOUR OPINION. Which is fine because, either way, I've made this point what feels like hundreds of times: proof beyond a reasonable doubt is a criminal court standard, and is only used in our society as to the question of whether we should take somebody's freedom away. In all other parts of life, we judge people constantly on much, much lower standards, even for the same actions. "Not being on the Iowa wrestling team" is not a criminal punishment, and thus does not require a criminal standard.

I wake every day and thank God for another day and for my wife who has been through all kinds of difficulties...with me being one of those I am sure... but I guess now I should thank the countless PSU fans who come to this board and tell us how bad our recruits are and how bad the Brands are and how bad ADS was and is now acceptable to their high and mighty PSU morals... I guess living in PA and seeing and hearing all of the inside talk and remembering all of the incidents makes me a little prejudiced about the constant ramblings of the PSU faithful...most who never attended a match until they started winning. Thankfully Iowa is a flat state and that gives these PSU trolls an easier path as they walk on water as the anointed saviors who all know what's best for the Iowa Program. Now if we could just find our own billionaire with an open checkbook so we can do some recruit shopping and get this program going again.
giphy.gif

I used to live in CA and I hated so much, I moved. You should do the same LOL

So why do you believe in GUILTY until PROVEN innocent??? I’m mocked by you and all the other Ferrari haters for believing in just the opposite, which used to be the way our justice system was supposed to work. Instead of hoping these 3 young men crash and burn so they will never be on our team, I would like to have them be Iowa redemption and success stories like Austin was. If this is true, then Anthony blew his chance for this to happen and will be practicing his mma in a prison.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Creek Side
Nor should you. When he was in college he was protected by Hippa. Now that he’s graduated it’s his right to share what he wants. Wouldn’t hold your breath on that though.

It’s not our right to know what any of these athletes are going through imo. Some are lucky to hear things, and it’s my hope that whatever someone here’s regarding an athletes health physical or otherwise does not share that info with others. An athlete can share what they want. It should be their call.

Reactions: T8KUDWN
You're trying to have it both ways. Either the justice system and their "beyond reasonable doubt" standard is what matters or it doesn't. What you're doing is substituting your opinion for the court system in the OJ and Casey Anthony cases because of YOUR OPINION. Which is fine because, either way, I've made this point what feels like hundreds of times: proof beyond a reasonable doubt is a criminal court standard, and is only used in our society as to the question of whether we should take somebody's freedom away. In all other parts of life, we judge people constantly on much, much lower standards, even for the same actions. "Not being on the Iowa wrestling team" is not a criminal punishment, and thus does not require a criminal standard.
This is simple. Myself and a few others here think it’s reasonable to not assume someone is guilty of something until there is a shred of evidence it actually happened, and isn’t just a rumor. I think it’s something a reasonable person would do, but yourself, maga, el dub, and many PSU fans seem to think this is an insane approach to situations in life. We will agree to disagree.

Reactions: MSU158
This is simple. Myself and a few others here think it’s reasonable to not assume someone is guilty of something until there is a shred of evidence it actually happened, and isn’t just a rumor. I think it’s something a reasonable person would do, but yourself, maga, el dub, and many PSU fans seem to think this is an insane approach to situations in life. We will agree to disagree.
I understand your point. On the other hand do you pick up a turd floating in the pool and take a bite because you think it might be a Baby Ruth? That's what the Iowa staff was doing in this case.

Nor should you. When he was in college he was protected by Hippa. Now that he’s graduated it’s his right to share what he wants. Wouldn’t hold your breath on that though.

It’s not our right to know what any of these athletes are going through imo. Some are lucky to hear things, and it’s my hope that whatever someone here’s regarding an athletes health physical or otherwise does not share that info with others. An athlete can share what they want. It should be their call.
It’s HIPAA, FYI. If you ever see HIPPA on a document, it’s a scam.

If AJ was a sh*tty wrestler and not a former National Champ, would you be as willing to assume innocence? I think that what they suspect is that you are willing to overlook his legal history and continuing bad behavior if he helps win another championship. While we appreciate your enthusiasm, that seems like adding a demonstrated lowlife to the team, and putting the ethical reputation of the University at risk. That Vak, Maga, and Dub are in the same camp on this should tell you something. ;)

Yet when someone is found guilty or liable for serious transgressions, you still find every excuse to justify supporting them. *Cough* trump *Cough*.

Reactions: el dub and sabula
For me, it isn’t even their stance on the Ferraris I have an issue with. There is enough smoke for me to understand that position. It is how intractable and condescending they are to anyone that doesn’t 100% agree with that stance.

I mean, I have said plenty of less than kind words about the Ferraris and, to them, I am the Ferraris ultimate defender. I just simply like to have concrete evidence before throwing people to the wolves, which is much different than saying I like the guys or think they are great people…

They can't arrest somebody just on a rumor. They have to have probable cause. Then you have all the other issues, which we have loads of evidence of. The "traffic incident" is well documented, he filmed himself acting like an ass with guns on social media, we just saw video of him being removed from the Florida State championships along with a guy who was actually there describe for you, and on and on.

As to Anthony, he already has one conviction for a violent crime on his record, to go along with the other past (the Chittum knife incident and the shooting at Mastrogiovanni's house[this second one would more adequately fall into the category of rumor]) and current (Fretwell) allegations, and still you and others are pushingf or him to be on the team.

Again, you assume people of guilty of things all the time in your life in multitudes of different ways even though it hasn't been proven in a court of law. All of us do, OJ and Casey Anthony are just extreme examples. We just don't take away somebody's freedom. Not wanting these asshats on the Iowa wrestling team is not the same as "taking away their freedom."

Yet when someone is found guilty or liable for serious transgressions, you still find every excuse to justify supporting them. *Cough* trump *Cough*.
Trump has nothing to do with wrestling, the Ferrari’s, or the future success of Iowa wrestling. AJ is a weird guy with a big ego. But the only crime he has been convicted of is reckless driving. Anthony was convicted of 2 misdemeanors, basically a fist fight with a couple guys. Not admirable, but certainly nothing to get permanently black balled from college wrestling for. I think it was a poor decision for Anthony to leave Iowa city for most of the semester to train mma with older guys in Florida. That just opens up good opportunities for trouble.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT