ADVERTISEMENT

Alrighty - What Exactly Will It Take To Get Iowa State back in the Top 5?

Signing a Gable Steveson type kid. With Carr,Gomez,and the transfer at 97,they ain't too far off. One Spencer Lee type kid would do it this year. U gotta win it all,with Bonus!

Last edited:
It will take Divine Intervention to get the Clones back to the top 5 in the next 3–4 years.

Iowa, PSU, OSU, OSU, Michigan, South Dakota St, Wartburg, Grandview, UW-Whitewater, SE Polk, and Fort Dodge to get the death penalty or otherwise drop their programs along with about 3,000 other college and high school programs to suffer a similar fate. Then maybe a top 5 finish would be possible for ISU.

Wrassler is taking a beating on this thread! I need a lifeline!

Maybe not in a bad way, you're starting to remind me of Jimmy from Seinfeld.

Jimmy's got some moves . . .
ScaredDarlingGyrfalcon-size_restricted.gif

Jimmy down!!!

At least with all the problems continuing in Ames, you have maintained your sense of humor.

Thata boy...as I would say to my dog as I give him a snack!

BTW: I assume that cartoon represents Dresser throwing full ride offers to guys like Teske and Schriever ? Apparently no more vacancies at CRTC!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gobblin
I cannot get over how poorly ISU has recruited. Gomez was a Jackson recruit, Carr was a legacy and they also hired his Dad, and Miklus is a senior transfer. They are offering full rides with guaranteed starting spots and not only are they striking out but not even making a recruit's top 3-4 finalists. It is actually just sad and pathetic how far down they are with no real future in sight.

I cannot get over how poorly ISU has recruited. Gomez was a Jackson recruit, Carr was a legacy and they also hired his Dad, and Miklus is a senior transfer. They are offering full rides with guaranteed starting spots and not only are they striking out but not even making a recruit's top 3-4 finalists. It is actually just sad and pathetic how far down they are with no real future in sight.

Not to defend ISU but I sense you might be leaving a few names out, including a big one, in an attempt to support your argument and do a wonderful MitchL impeession.

No impression. If I left someone or multiple people out out it was not intentional. Don't need to shade or spin facts when it comes to ISU. Was it someone from UW-Whitewater or the local 7 Eleven?

The RTC landscape has changed recruiting almost overnight. Without a viable RTC, they will have a very difficult time landing top recruits. However, if they can develop what they do have, the changes will become apparent and they will be respectable and top ten again. Never underestimate the power of determination and hard work. Their staff will get it done or at least I have faith in them. Winning national titles - eh maybe not.

Not to defend ISU but I sense you might be leaving a few names out, including a big one, in an attempt to support your argument and do a wonderful MitchL impeession.
There's only one of me.;) Since I no longer will bash the Gophers... I'm doubling my efforts @ ISU. It's a bit of a downer when they suck this bad, but I think the Iowa wannabees can crack the top 20 if everything goes right.

I just hope "tigerguy" doesn't run away with his tail between his legs like Buffy did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT