ADVERTISEMENT

Another great news, our former Safety Arrested for OWI

DavenportHawk8

HR All-American
Mar 10, 2014
Lowerdermilk was apparently arrested last night for OWI. Guess he had a tail light out and that's why he got stopped.

They must have saw what our recruiting class looked like and tried to drown out their sorrow.

Lets keep the good news a coming!!!!

Lose a star recruit and two of our players get arrested. WAY TO GO KF!!! Def have the program heading in the right direction.

Dumpster-Fire.jpg

Originally posted by Other-guy-from-Wham!:
Why couldn't Lowdermilk pull this crap during the season?

He's one of Kirk's boys, he would have still started.

Not that it's good press, but should Kirk Ferentz be held responsible for players that are no longer with the team and are graduating?

I suppose Urban Meyer is running a dumpster fire because Hernandez murdered someone after graduation?

He really has no say over their actions anymore so they shouldn't be considered as liabilities.

Originally posted by GT Hawkaholic:

Not that it's good press, but should Kirk Ferentz be held responsible for players that are no longer with the team and are graduating?

I suppose Urban Meyer is running a dumpster fire because Hernandez murdered someone after graduation?

He really has no say over their actions anymore so they shouldn't be considered as liabilities.
I only see one person in the thread who brought up Kirk, and it appears the person didn't realize the kids were seniors and finished with football. I think most of us just realize that it doesn't look good for the program.

THIS. What's the point of even putting this on the football board? A college kid in Iowa City got arrested for DUI, I'm glad he didn't kill anybody. He doesn't play organized football anymore. Other than that, I do not care.

Originally posted by BeepBeepInMyJeep:

THIS. What's the point of even putting this on the football board? A college kid in Iowa City got arrested for DUI, I'm glad he didn't kill anybody. He doesn't play organized football anymore. Other than that, I do not care.
The reason I posted it, is because every news outlet is posting it as, "Iowa football player arrested for DUI."

Now if it would of said, "University of Iowa student arrested for DUI" I wouldn't of posted it.

Sadly the program is getting tied to two players driving drunk. I realize its not that big of deal to normal people, but I can guarantee there are people out there who are bad mouthing Iowa football and saying KF has no control of his players yada yada yada....

The links I clicked on said, "Iowa football player arrested for DUI."

Then another stated, "Another Iowa football Player arrested for DUI."

Finally checked and now both have corrected their links with, "former iowa football players arrested for OWI."

Still doesn't look to good, but hey we could be Miami and have Warren Sapp.

Originally posted by DavenportHawk8:

The reason I posted it, is because every news outlet is posting it as, "Iowa football player arrested for DUI."

Now if it would of said, "University of Iowa student arrested for DUI" I wouldn't of posted it.

Sadly the program is getting tied to two players driving drunk. I realize its not that big of deal to normal people, but I can guarantee there are people out there who are bad mouthing Iowa football and saying KF has no control of his players yada yada yada....
And nothing will ever make those people go away. "Iowa football goes 6 months without any off the field incidents" is not a headline. The people using this as a way to bad mouth the program fall into 4 camps 1) People who hate the University of Iowa and everything associated with it. 2) People squarely in the "Fire Ferentz" camp who are using this as more evidence of his failings 3) People who hate Iowa football (Minnesota or ISU fans) 4) people who hate the prominence of college football in general. Of all those groups, only possibly the second camp might have the tendency to look at this fairly given the circumstances. That is, if we had won 11 games, people are more apt to sweep a DUI from a graduated senior under the rug. 1, 3 and 4 will always bad mouth Iowa football no matter what happens.

Originally posted by Guidotheguide:
These guys are no longer playing football for the U. of Iowa. Why is this even news?
mad.r191677.gif
Tell it to every major newspaper and television station in Iowa. They all are reporting it all over their website.

I blame it on the fact that Iowa is only know for college athletics. IF we would have a NBA, NFL, hell major hockey team it would lessen the attention placed on athletes at ISU, Iowa, and UNI.

But since we don't, every time an athlete smokes, drinks, or passes gas the rest of the state has to know about it thanks to our media.

It is still a crock of shit. They are no longer football players at Iowa. They are now students. Maybe those news hacks should list every college kid in the state that got an OWI this past week.
indifferent.r191677.gif

'Former' is the key here. Fans have moved on from the majority of the players, except Scherff and maybe a couple others, as should the media. It has no bearing on the team, Ferentz or otherwise and at this point they've only damaged their future professional prospects, however small they may or may have been.
Fact is, the fishbowl is alive and well in Iowa City.

He is still on a football scholarship.

It is still a crock of shit. They are no longer football players at Iowa. They are now students. Maybe those news hacks should list every college kid in the state that got an OWI this past week.
indifferent.r191677.gif
Yes, they are still football players at Iowa. They still get a scholarship, still get training services, still work out in the weight room, still get tutoring services, etc. etc.

Originally posted by FG86:

indifferent.r191677.gif
Yes, they are still football players at Iowa. They still get a scholarship, still get training services, still work out in the weight room, still get tutoring services, etc. etc.

Still don't play football at Iowa anymore...
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Hawk-A-Doodle-Doo:

Originally posted by DavenportHawk8:
Lowerdermilk was apparently arrested last night for OWI. Guess he had a tail light out and that's why he got stopped.
In an exclusive interview with KCRG, ICPD reported that its arresting officers were surprised that Mr. Lowdermilk didn't drop his car keys just before entering his vehicle.
Lowdermilk should have taken a knee instead of getting in his car.

Originally posted by Birky:
Originally posted by FG86:

indifferent.r191677.gif

Still don't play football at Iowa anymore...
Posted from Rivals Mobile
But they are still Iowa football players.

I am confused,as Lowdermilk could/would not use his arms to tackle then how could he use them to drinkl alcohol......

So how does this affect next years team? It doesn't. I wonder how many other student that are on different scholarships for academics or whatever have gotten OWI's.
3dsmile.r191677.gif

These guys are no longer playing football for the U. of Iowa. Why is this even news?
mad.r191677.gif
So? There's posts on here all the time about former players. Do you think if nobody posts about this then it didn't happen?

We know it happened Einstein. My point is they are no longer playing so don't identify them without saying former. Get it?
smile.r191677.gif

So how does this affect next years team? It doesn't. I wonder how many other student that are on different scholarships for academics or whatever have gotten OWI's.
3dsmile.r191677.gif
It affects the perceptions of Iowa football and athletic department.

How does it affect the team if a 4th team DL gets arrested DURING the season?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT