ADVERTISEMENT

Anti-trans State Laws Increased Suicide Attempts By 72%

In a groundbreaking study published in Nature on Thursday, researchers found that anti-trans bans lead to a 72% increase in suicide attempts among transgender individuals, compared to states without such legislation. The study, which surveyed over 61,000 transgender and nonbinary individuals through multiple waves of questions distributed by The Trevor Project, analyzed the state-level impact of anti-trans legislation. These bans, primarily targeting gender-affirming care, bathroom access, and school policies, had not been examined using this methodology before. The study's findings could have far-reaching international implications as more countries face pressure to implement similar restrictions on transgender people.
Wait until they raise taxes. I’m going to have suicidal ideations for sure.

How about elective surgeries and growth retarding drugs for minors not being allowed.

Damned crazy to alter a life of a child because of their mood.

It’s like some kid crying that he wants a full face tattoo of Ironman and the parent saying “yes let’s do it”. No going back from crazy shit like that and it’s completely unnecessary.

People live until their 80’s, they can wait until they are 18 to alter their body and hormones.

I know of one trans kid. Girl was so shy in school she would pull a hoodie over her face in public when out. She wanted to try being a boy, it didn’t help her social anxiety. Fast forward to adulthood, she find her way, got married and is a mom now. Thankfully time was prescribed and none hormone blockers and a scalpel.

It seems European countries are stepping back from radical crap.

Last edited:
How about elective surgeries and growth retarding drugs for minors not being allowed.

It’s like some kid crying that he wants a full face tattoo of Ironman and the parent saying “yes let’s do it”. No going back from crazy shit like that and it’s completely unnecessary.

People live until their 80’s, they can wait until they are 18 to alter their body and hormones.
You have decided that these medical decisions are being made because of the child's "mood" without ever meeting or interacting with them. Personally I trust the medical professionals, family members, and individuals to better judge whether medical treatment is necessary.

Lets say extreme liberals controlled the government and made laws that required all children with gender dysphoria be treated with puberty blockers whether the professionals and parents agreed or not. Would you be okay with the government making this medical decision for families? If not, why are you in favor of the government making the decision blocking treatment?

I know of one trans kid. Girl was so shy in school she would pull a hoodie over her face in public when out. She wanted to try being a boy, it didn’t help her social anxiety. Fast forward to adulthood, she find her way, got married and is a mom now. Thankfully time was prescribed and none hormone blockers and a scalpel.

It seems European countries are stepping back from radical crap.

I'd rather the child and their parents listen to their doctors and make the treatment decisions right for them. Rather than a bunch of jamokes with no knowledge of their personal situation make a decision for them.

You have decided that these medical decisions are being made because of the child's "mood" without ever meeting or interacting with them. Personally I trust the medical professionals, family members, and individuals to better judge whether medical treatment is necessary.

Lets say extreme liberals controlled the government and made laws that required all children with gender dysphoria be treated with puberty blockers whether the professionals and parents agreed or not. Would you be okay with the government making this medical decision for families? If not, why are you in favor of the government making the decision blocking treatment?
Time and patience is not a political view.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
And, to be clear, when it expands to denying care no matter who pays at any age, or denying citizens the dignity to go by whatever name they choose? No matter the assigned gender at birth you will stand up and fight for trans citizens at that point, right? What other medical decisions do you feel you should determine for other citizens over their doctors consultation? Which health care decisions of yours should I get to decide?
"Denying care?" You people are soooooo phucking sick! "Care" is getting stitches in your fat lip for mouthing your lib BS to the wrong guy, or a fish hook removed from your finger. "Care" is NOT trying to turn your wally into a wussy and pumping you full of hormones! JFC.......

Reactions: Scruddy
I'd rather the child and their parents listen to their doctors and make the treatment decisions right for them. Rather than a bunch of jamokes with no knowledge of their personal situation make a decision for them.
Are these the same parents that teachers and school administrators say are the worst ever by a large margin? Parenting is at an all time low, school behavior reflects that, So does addiction to phones and social media but yes let’s just whip out the drugs and knives and hope that fixes all the parenting and social media ills.

I don’t think anybody cares. Stay out of women’s sports and pay for your own surgery.

It’s mental illness magnified by cell phones. Parents should not be doing puberty blockers or surgery

If that is hate roflmao.
Or stay out of other peoples' business. Worry about your own damn self and allow others to live their lives as they see fit...ya know, freedom?

Time and patience is not a political view.
Puberty blockers do just that. They provide time and patience for the individual to mature before making permanent life changing decisions. They also reduce the amount of surgery needed if the individual at adulthood decides to continue to transition.

Reactions: Joes Place
In a groundbreaking study published in Nature on Thursday, researchers found that anti-trans bans lead to a 72% increase in suicide attempts among transgender individuals, compared to states without such legislation. The study, which surveyed over 61,000 transgender and nonbinary individuals through multiple waves of questions distributed by The Trevor Project, analyzed the state-level impact of anti-trans legislation. These bans, primarily targeting gender-affirming care, bathroom access, and school policies, had not been examined using this methodology before. The study's findings could have far-reaching international implications as more countries face pressure to implement similar restrictions on transgender people.
So nothing screams more that we need to address mental health issues more rather than just going along with them

Lol at Erin in the morning as a source. The reality is that "affirming care" including top and bottom surgery drastically increases the chance of suicide in the Ts. If you care about your kid not offing themselves the best care you can offer is simply not encouraging the delusions. Actual statistics prove this.

• Haha
Reactions: WDSMHAWK
Are these the same parents that teachers and school administrators say are the worst ever by a large margin? Parenting is at an all time low, school behavior reflects that, So does addiction to phones and social media but yes let’s just whip out the drugs and knives and hope that fixes all the parenting and social media ills.

Well good thing I said that they should listen to their doctors in my post. I'd hate to have someone with no medical knowledge deciding unilaterally on a medical decision... but it seems you're okay with that.

Also some people might think parenting sucks right now but that's not really a good argument to use when you're advocating for state or federal government to step in because I'm guessing their approval ratings aren't much higher than parents right now.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Anyone who gets giddy about that is a real piece of shit.
I wouldn't say anyone is giddy about suicides you dolt. Given the statistics actually show that trans people are more likely to kill themselves after surgery I think you should consider who the piece of shit here is.. if you are affirming this delusion YOU are actively pushing them in a direction of Taking their own lives.

Frustrated Skip Bayless GIF

Do whatever you want, pay for it yourself, and don't attempt to make this mandatory for inclusion under all health insurance plans,.. I don't care what you do with your body, I just don't want to pay for it.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Were you at the Linn-Mar Homecoming Parade?
This is one reason the LGBTQ community has a higher suicide rate, hate filled bigots and the politicians who amplify their anger. That goes double for the faux Christians like Kim Reynolds.

That lady made that big post and then included her venmo account?

LMFAO.

IF her story is true, that's too bad for those kids.

Zero reason to show your venmo account.

I've told this story before but why not an 8th time.

Wife works with a man, his teenage granddaughter wanted to change to a boy.

She took all kinds of hormones, etc.

Guess what?

She has now changed her mind and is PISSED that her parents/family allowed her to take those drugs.

Reactions: Scruddy

Guess what?

She has now changed her mind and is PISSED that her parents/family allowed her to take those drugs.
Happens all the time. And those hormone "therapies" are not reversible as many lie and claim. It's permanent damage.

Guess what?

Puberty blockers aren't hormones, they block certain hormones to delay puberty. Once the individual discontinues taking the blockers puberty proceeds as normal.

Do whatever you want, pay for it yourself, and don't attempt to make this mandatory for inclusion under all health insurance plans,.. I don't care what you do with your body, I just don't want to pay for it.
This is a reasonable position.

Most people who commit suicide do have some sort of mental illness so why does this surprise anyone?
Would like to see a comparative study on the impact of trauma as a cause of trans life and compare that to non trans choice having gone thru the same trauma and compare that to adequate health care versus those who see treatment. Trauma victims have shame. Does chosibg that life choice create more shame.

Puberty blockers aren't hormones, they block certain hormones to delay puberty. Once the individual discontinues taking the blockers puberty proceeds as normal.
Absolutely false and only a moron would believe the human body behaves that way

Are you sure about that?

40% of trans people attempt suicide. Their mental health is dreadful across most metrics.

And the study showed that 72% more attempted suicide in states with anti-trans laws. It's comparing trans/non-binary suicide rates of those in states with anti laws versus trans/non-binary suicide rates in states without anti laws. The nuance of the point is pretty simple actually.

And the study showed that 72% more attempted suicide in states with anti-trans laws. It's comparing trans/non-binary suicide rates of those in states with anti laws versus trans/non-binary suicide rates in states without anti laws. The nuance of the point is pretty simple actually.
Actual studies (not ruby in the morning's blog) show the single biggest factor that increases suicide in this community is having surgery done. The laws of states are entirely irrelevant. Ignoring your child's dysphoria is statistically MUCH safer than affirming.

Testosterone?

Good luck shaving, etc.
Yes, they block testosterone and estrogen. They delay the changes that happen to the body during puberty which includes facial hair. Then if the individual decides to change their mind they can discontinue blockers and puberty will proceed as normal. If they choose to continue to transition some surgeries will not be necessary.

"Denying care?" You people are soooooo phucking sick! "Care" is getting stitches in your fat lip for mouthing your lib BS to the wrong guy, or a fish hook removed from your finger. "Care" is NOT trying to turn your wally into a wussy and pumping you full of hormones! JFC.......
Imagine any other form of "health care" that had complications rates as high as 77% (phalloplasty) and thinking "yeah this is great, and definitely the moral thing to push on kids!"

Yes, they block testosterone and estrogen. They delay the changes that happen to the body during puberty which includes facial hair. Then if the individual decides to change their mind they can discontinue blockers and puberty will proceed as normal. If they choose to continue to transition some surgeries will not be necessary.

How do you know she wasn't TAKING testosterone?

Absolute misinformation. You cannot pause puberty for any period of time then think it will pick right back up where you left off post chemicals. Stop spouting this nonsense. It's not true.

Still, a 40% suicide attempt rate is much higher than other demographics.

Just brutal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT