ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else hoping this is Frans last season?

Roncuba55

HR All-State
Oct 6, 2023
I'll say it... I am hoping so. Regardless of how this season ends up, it's time for the McCaffery clan to move on. The team is soft every year and the effort is lacking compared to the opponent. It is embarrassing to watch. His Coe College level sons play more minutes than 2 first round draft picks and then his wife has the gall to complain about the fans when they are called out for terrible play... I am tired of it. I hope we win tonight.

I’m ready. It’s the same crap every year.
His teams never play any defense and he has never had a good-great point guard that could get it done on both ends of the floor.
Any player that plays a lick of defense or shows some hustle gets limited minutes.

Pick Me I Know GIF by Jackie James

Reactions: QChawks
To me, it looks like there just isn’t a lot of talent on this team. Other than Payton Sandfort hitting 3s, there just isn’t really anyone who can score or do much of anything.

I hate to say this, but what do you expect from a collection of skinny, unathletic white guys? It’s kinda pathetic that the Iowa basketball team looks like a 3-A high school team in Iowa. Does Fran have something against recruiting black guys or do they just not want to play for an unhinged, old, geeky white grandpa?

Pretty common sense to me. Find a coach who can recruit better players or expect to get blown out against decent teams. Oh, yeah, and Fran’s son belongs in the Missouri Valley. He is not good.

I kind of hate him on game day. Otherwise he’s fine.
Well, game day is kind of what matters. Actually, it’s about the only thing that matters so long as the coach doesn’t keep around dudes like Pierre Pierce.

I haven’t watched an Iowa basketball game since early in November and this is about Brian Ferentz level of pathetic. Other than one white guy shooting 3s, Iowa has no one who can really score. This is like Hickory High playing Duke without Jimmy Chitwood. Totally pathetic.

Reactions: Legs94
Sign me up for a coaching change. Time for fans to make their voices heard and NOT show up for this kind of sh*t.

Will always appreciate Fran for reviving the program, but this is the end. Had a solid run, considering what we were when he got here.

The program is STALE

Sign me up for a coaching change. Time for fans to make their voices heard and NOT show up for this kind of sh*t.

Will always appreciate Fran for reviving the program, but this is the end. Had a solid run, considering what we were when he got here.

The program is STALE
They already don't show up. They typically have 8,000 or less for most of the games.

I'll say it... I am hoping so. Regardless of how this season ends up, it's time for the McCaffery clan to move on. The team is soft every year and the effort is lacking compared to the opponent. It is embarrassing to watch. His Coe College level sons play more minutes than 2 first round draft picks and then his wife has the gall to complain about the fans when they are called out for terrible play... I am tired of it. I hope we win tonight.
He ain't going anywhere buddy. He's got 1.1 million reasons to stay put.

It is kind of baffling. He had a good early run with pulling this program out of the cellar w/ Gesell, Marble, White, Basabe, Woody, Uthoff, Clemmons etc. Then as of late hes had NBA talent in the Murrays, Garza, and Weezy. BUT he has absolutely nothing to show for it and never really built off of it.

To me, it looks like there just isn’t a lot of talent on this team. Other than Payton Sandfort hitting 3s, there just isn’t really anyone who can score or do much of anything.

I hate to say this, but what do you expect from a collection of skinny, unathletic white guys? It’s kinda pathetic that the Iowa basketball team looks like a 3-A high school team in Iowa. Does Fran have something against recruiting black guys or do they just not want to play for an unhinged, old, geeky white grandpa?

Pretty common sense to me. Find a coach who can recruit better players or expect to get blown out against decent teams. Oh, yeah, and Fran’s son belongs in the Missouri Valley. He is not good.
Yep. I watched some of this game tonight before deciding I'd had enough, but was appalled at how obviously physically outmatched Iowa is compared to Iowa state.

I mean, come on. Did Fran decide to just put together the slowest team he possibly could? Not many on this team that can beat a defender off the dribble, and not get beaten off the dribble time and time again on the other end.

Yeah, I'm ready to try something different.

I havent really watched the Iowa men much until mid Jan the last few years. the tournaments ae highly underwhelming

They'll still win some games. The B1G is full of mediocre to bad teams.
But, it's hard to see them being anything more than on the fringe to make the tourney. And even if they do, they're likely a first round out.
Score a lot in the regular season, unathletic, physically weak with no defense and average to poor guard play. That's the Iowa men's b-ball story under Fran.
I'd like to think he's had enough after this season. That's probably the only way that there's a change; Fran's going to have to decide he's had enough and walks away from money on the table.

I’ve been ready for a few years now. To not reach the Sweet 16 with some of the teams and talent we’ve had during Fran’s tenure is sad. The ceiling has been reached. Time to move on.

This Team is pathetic. Embarrassing , They look like a bad MAC level Team . Iowa needs to turn the page

A MAC level team would not try to outrun every team the play.

When your athletes are slow twitch, you don't play fast twitch style.

Makes sense that Fran might look for another job somewhere else and then bring in Jack to play for him. Only way to insure his boy gets maximum playing time. Plus lawsuit/negatives hanging over the family for Jack killing a guy with his car.

Maybe a Sienna type school. Fran won't be able to get a job a P5 school....too old and he'll be coming off a dreadful year.

I’ve been hoping this for six years …

It’ll be a really sad day when Fran is no longer leading the Iowa basketball program.

Fran will say like Alford said this is not a basketball school and he is not getting the $$$$$ to support it. Dr. Brett and his blond wife does not quite make enough to donate more

Reactions: Rustys Dad
It is kind of baffling. He had a good early run with pulling this program out of the cellar w/ Gesell, Marble, White, Basabe, Woody, Uthoff, Clemmons etc. Then as of late hes had NBA talent in the Murrays, Garza, and Weezy. BUT he has absolutely nothing to show for it and never really built off of it.
I always looked at the Murrays and Garza as the proverbial blind squirrel eventually finding a nut. When he had that NBA talent he didn’t build a supporting cast to truly showcase and complement their contributions to the team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT