ADVERTISEMENT

B12 Preseeds

JohnBasedow

HR Legend
Jul 6, 2006

No Joe Smith at 165. I think this move to get Geer in the lineup at 184 is even more head scratching.

A guy on BWI is saying Joe Smith is in the transfer portal now.

Reactions: SDHN2013

No Joe Smith at 165. I think this move to get Geer in the lineup at 184 is even more head scratching.

A guy on BWI is saying Joe Smith is in the transfer portal now.

I don't think we'll know until very shortly before the tournament. Ok St. pretty much had to submit Rogers as their starter because Smith wouldn't be eligible to earn an allocation. They would do this even if they didn't plan on sending Rogers to B12s because you lose nothing. If you submit Rogers and Smith wrestles, you lose the allocation, but Smith wouldn't earn one anyway. If you submit Smith, and he can't make the weight, then Rogers would have to steal a spot for no reason. Submitting Rogers is the smart insurance policy in case Joe can't go.

I don't think we'll know until very shortly before the tournament. Ok St. pretty much had to submit Rogers as their starter because Smith wouldn't be eligible to earn an allocation. They would do this even if they didn't plan on sending Rogers to B12s because you lose nothing. If you submit Rogers and Smith wrestles, you lose the allocation, but Smith wouldn't earn one anyway. If you submit Smith, and he can't make the weight, then Rogers would have to steal a spot for no reason. Submitting Rogers is the smart insurance policy in case Joe can't go.

I agree with that, but why did they put Jacobe Smith at 174 and Dakota Geer at 184 and either was eligible for an allocation.
If that was the case, Ok State should of put Joe at 174 and Jacobe at 184, then both would have earned allocations. Even though they might have gone back in at large pool

Geer to 184, Jacobe to 174, and JoJo to 165 has been discussed here and on 34 & Counting as the apparent plan for Big12s since Weigel came back. Though the latter board has been talking about JoJo dealing with an infection of some sort, speculating that it could keep him out of the postseason.

I agree with that, but why did they put Jacobe Smith at 174 and Dakota Geer at 184 and either was eligible for an allocation.
If that was the case, Ok State should of put Joe at 174 and Jacobe at 184, then both would have earned allocations. Even though they might have gone back in at large pool

After the OSU/Iowa dual, the only thing John Smith would commit to about the 165/174/184 shuffle was that Jacobe Smith would be the 174. So, from what I can tell there is a 0% chance Joe wrestles at 174 or Jacobe wrestles at 184 barring an injury.

Someone just posted on the Oklahoma State forum that Chris Perry is filling in for John on the coaches radio show this week because John is busy with ranking matches. Sounds like it is still to be decided between Chandler and Joe.

Reactions: MSeil
After the OSU/Iowa dual, the only thing John Smith would commit to about the 165/174/184 shuffle was that Jacobe Smith would be the 174. So, from what I can tell there is a 0% chance Joe wrestles at 174 or Jacobe wrestles at 184 barring an injury.

Someone just posted on the Oklahoma State forum that Chris Perry is filling in for John on the coaches radio show this week because John is busy with ranking matches. Sounds like it is still to be decided between Chandler and Joe.

I knew the plan was to wrestle Geer at 84, Jacobe at 174 & Joe or Chandler at 165.

I was just saying, why not put the guys in that will earn allocations for the conference & give them back when changes actually happen. Ok State is practically guaranteed to steal berths at 174 & 184

I knew the plan was to wrestle Geer at 84, Jacobe at 174 & Joe or Chandler at 165.

I was just saying, why not put the guys in that will earn allocations for the conference & give them back when changes actually happen. Ok State is practically guaranteed to steal berths at 174 & 184
Would they have earned allocations at 174 and 184? Neither wrestled a whole lot at those weight classes.

Would they have earned allocations at 174 and 184? Neither wrestled a whole lot at those weight classes.
Yes, both would have had a high enough win percentage and coaches ranking to allocate a spot.

I guess I see the point with Joe at 174 since an injury to Jacobe would mean one of the 165s slides back up. However, submitting Jacobe at 184 is pointless if you know he is going 174 regardless. From what I can tell even a Geer injury wouldn't change that.

The exhibition of stalling in those matches would have to have been incredible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT