ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Finals(and 3rd/5th) discussion

Such a huge difference watching RBY and Nick Lee. RBY literally does nothing and gets rewarded. Reminds me of Sasso Lugo during the regular season a couple of years ago. Sasso did nothing and shoots once at the end and wins.

Reactions: Jrjt0518
Yes, but that wasn’t the intent of the rule. ADS initiated the shot and wasn’t rolling around trying to avoid action. That was an unfortunate way to lose (although all loses are unfortunate).
and yet, he was put on his back and could not get off it. that's control. he was trying, but couldn't.

it's one of the best rule changes they've ever made. do you not remember what it used to be like?

I don’t disagree but seems strange that it’s considered a takedown. I think it could use some tweaking. I’d rule it 2 near fall (similar to exposure in freestyle)

For example, I don’t understand how RBY would get award with the opportunity to go on top when he never had DeSanto covered.

I’d favor awarding points but idk about calling it a takedown

Is there an issue of mff of conference tourneys? Seems it’s becoming more and more common. Ncaa can’t love it but I also get it.

Flores doesn't mention anything about an injury. He was just looking for drama when he said "Eierman just didn't come out" Who is this fat fool? Get him out of the arena forever please! He doesn't belong there

Thankfully Nick Lee immediately brought up injuries when asked about it. Class response

Huge ADS fan here. But dang, have some mat awareness. RBY has been dinged for stalling going into the third period. If you can't take him down, keep shooting. Do something different, stay active. Get the stall point.
Good luck with that happening.

Mock him all you want but it’s been a long time since ADS has taken him down. Meanwhile, RBY has at least one per match.
Agree, but seems like ADS did get to RBY leg more today. But still not able to finish. Just one finish would be huge.

Trash can interviewer tries to provoke a salty response from Nick by throwing shade on Eierman and Lee doesn't bite.

Classy response from a classy wrestler. That dumb ass clearly isn't paying attention and doesn't know shit from apple butter.
Love Nick Lee's style, always coming after people. Much like Nolf and Retherford.

and yet, he was put on his back and could not get off it. that's control. he was trying, but couldn't.
He was bridging during a scramble. The rule is a rule, but it's awful in that situation. RBY wasn't anywhere close to having control. 4 seconds after it started they're back in the same position they were before.

Ironside said it perfectly, the refs are punishing the aggressor.

We’re coming off 2 consecutive Big Ten and 1 (call it 2) National Titles. This is 90% injuries. Healthy Lee and Kem and the Hawks walk away with this.
I understand the injuries, this year. However we underachieve every single year. Last year we should have blown the doors off the field, but PSU made it interesting. Watching DeSanto make zero progress vs RBY is frustrating and speaks to my point.

We’re coming off 2 consecutive Big Ten and 1 (call it 2) National Titles. This is 90% injuries. Healthy Lee and Kem and the Hawks walk away with this.
We were healthy and absolutely firing on all cylinders covid year, Spencer was "only" missing one ACL, our team was going to shred the competition at Nationals (just like BIGs) and Tailgate Tom could've stuck his opinion right where the sun doesn't shine (he still can, for that matter).

Reactions: Chuck C
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT