ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest Game In Iowa State History?

Since we now have a playoff, the rankings outside of the committee mean absolutely nothing
You talk like the CFP committee has even heard of ISU. How the F do ISU fans even have the CFP come out of their mouths much less even think about it. ISU is irrelevant to that discussion.

Iowa has been in CFP discussion recently. So Hawkeye fans actually have precedent to talk about it or think it could be a possibility yet you never see a post by Iowa fans talking about the Hawkeyes chances of making the CFP, because we are realists. Iowa is a good program but probably not at that level unless we have a special year.

Any Clone fan who mentions CFP is delusional. Delusional, that describes most ISU fans, so I shouldn't be surprised.

This is my last post in this thread. I named two with more pregame hype, ‘77 and ‘81. Those are Iowa games that got more hype. Non-Iowa games that got more national hype would include Texas last year, Oklahoma in ‘02, probably several others.
No doubt next Saturday’s game will get a lot of hype on whatever network has Game Day.
But I realize some people honestly believe the world revolves around Hawkeye football, and I should have remembered that when I decided to post.
This is my last post in this thread. I named two with more pregame hype, ‘77 and ‘81. Those are Iowa games that got more hype. Non-Iowa games that got more national hype would include Texas last year, Oklahoma in ‘02, probably several others.
No doubt next Saturday’s game will get a lot of hype on whatever network has Game Day.
But I realize some people honestly believe the world revolves around Hawkeye football, and I should have remembered that when I decided to post.

Noble effort, but no. There wasn’t more hype in 1977 or 1981. It’s just not possible. Maybe for you personally there was, but that’s not what we’re talking about.

Texas last year? No. ISU already had 3 losses and it was nothing more than a hope at slipping into the B12 Championship.

‘02 OK? Maybe. Maybe at best.

‘Probably several others’? Haha, okay old man. You tried. I would have made this my last post too.

You talk like the CFP committee has even heard of ISU. How the F do ISU fans even have the CFP come out of their mouths much less even think about it. ISU is irrelevant to that discussion.

Iowa has been in CFP discussion recently. So Hawkeye fans actually have precedent to talk about it or think it could be a possibility yet you never see a post by Iowa fans talking about the Hawkeyes chances of making the CFP, because we are realists. Iowa is a good program but probably not at that level unless we have a special year.

Any Clone fan who mentions CFP is delusional. Delusional, that describes most ISU fans, so I shouldn't be surprised.
Ouch, did that hurt you that ISU was in the CFP rankings every week leading up to the playoffs? I will be more gentle next time ....NOT!!!

Asked ISU friend this same question and I kind of agree with his answer. Biggest game they've probably had in ages was in 04' at home vs Mizzou regular season finale. Big 12 North was garbage as usual and if they won would have been 5-3 and won the division and play in the Big 12 title game. Instead they lose in OT 17-14. They missed a 24 yard fg with a minute left and in OT had it 1st and goal from the 3 and ended up throwing a int on 3rd down to lose in typical clone fashion.

Also said 2nd would be in 05' they lost to Kansas in the following year in last game as well in OT to finish 4-4 again. If they won that could have played in big 12 title game too.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/recap?gameId=243320066

You can’t name any that would make sense to anyone who knows much about ISU football. I’ve been a fan for about 60 years and this game wouldn't make my top 20 in terms of importance. Hell, I’m not sure it would make a list of the top ten ISU-Iowa games.
Lol, name a bigger game in the history of ISU football?

Now I’m curious of which insignificant game that you throw out there.

Everything is this post is a fail.

So this IS the biggest game in ISU history.

You're not familiar which network Game Day is on yet you have your pulse on college football hype?

Reactions: naturalmwa
Ouch, did that hurt you that ISU was in the CFP rankings every week leading up to the playoffs? I will be more gentle next time ....NOT!!!

Where were they ranked in these rankings? Because if it is outside the top 4 and then even the top 10 or so, no one really cares. Leave it to an ISU fan to brag about being #22 in the CFP.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
This certainly has the potential to be a historic season for ISU. There's a lot of stars aligning in their situation.

Oklahoma and Texas are strong. But with the demise of Baylor/OSU/Texas Tech/WestVa... ISU is poised/expected to rise to the upper half of the Big 12 on a regular basis.

Reactions: naturalmwa
OK, I said middle of the pack (at best); however, iswho would more than likely be in bottom 3rd of 14 Big 10 teams. Following are B10 teams that are better than iswho: Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Iowa, Northwestern, and Purdue.
Maryland too.

Cyclone SUPER bowl. Yessir. Biggest game of this millennium.

A Super Bowl indeed. They even scheduled a bye week prior to this game. I can imagine the Iowa jerseys making an appearance again on their tackling dummies all summer and fall long.

BuM4xAzIcAAeb79

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT