ADVERTISEMENT

Breonna Taylor

So you think it’s a good idea to open fire without knowing who it is? Of course if they threaten you by all means open up. I don’t know the gun laws on Texas so I can speak to your situation.
If my front door is knocked off its hinges at 2am, I'm going to assume it's not one of my kids or my mom and that there is an imminent threat to my life. I seriously doubt I'll come strolling out of my bedroom with a, "Howdy, what can I do fer ya?" mentality. I will be armed and will likely announce to the intruder(s) I am armed and if they don't immediately exit the premises they will be shot. What happens after that is the responsibility of the unlawful intruder.

Now, in California (as I understand it), it's on me to gather my family and make every attempt to exit my property in a timely manner. In Texas, I can stand my ground to defend my home and family.

NOTE: I had a potential intruder attempt to enter my home (at my last house). I responded as stated above. Camera later revealed they rang the doorbell...waited, tried the door handle, then kicked at the hinge one time before I was at the door to announce I was armed and they needed to leave immediately (while my wife called 9/11). Police took 12 min to get there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawkeyecurtis81
She was more then associated. Hey if you want to defend criminal activity that’s your choice. It’s unfortunate she was killed. But investigations can last years. Do you really think the cops just went over there for no reason? How do you think crimes get solved with out investigating “relationships”?
There you go again. What criminal activity did she do? Why did they need to bust in the door in the middle of the night? Warrants can be served anytime.

I think the police went over there in error and it caused the death of an innocent person.

Reactions: gohawks50
There you go again. What criminal activity did she do? Why did they need to bust in the door in the middle of the night? Warrants can be served anytime.

I think the police went over there in error and it caused the death of an innocent person.
Her name was on the warrant! Are warrants only served from 9 to 5? Last time. If she was had no involvement why was she on a warrant? Could all this have been avoided? Of course but to solely blame law enforcement seems ridiculous.

If my front door is knocked off its hinges at 2am, I'm going to assume it's not one of my kids or my mom and that there is an imminent threat to my life. I seriously doubt I'll come strolling out of my bedroom with a, "Howdy, what can I do fer ya?" mentality. I will be armed and will likely announce to the intruder(s) I am armed and if they don't immediately exit the premises they will be shot. What happens after that is the responsibility of the unlawful intruder.

Now, in California (as I understand it), it's on me to gather my family and make every attempt to exit my property in a timely manner. In Texas, I can stand my ground to defend my home and family.

NOTE: I had a potential intruder attempt to enter my home (at my last house). I responded as stated above. Camera revealed they rang the doorbell...waited, tried the door handle, then kicked at the hinge one time before I was at the door to announce I was armed and they needed to leave immediately (while my wife called 9/11). Police took 12 min to get there.
Of course you wouldn’t. But you want to assess the situation before pulling the trigger wouldn’t you? What if it was law enforcement?

Her name was on the warrant! Are warrants only served from 9 to 5? Last time. If she was had no involvement why was she on a warrant? Could all this have been avoided? Of course but to solely blame law enforcement seems ridiculous.
What did she DO to be blamed? The only thing you've come up with is that she had a previous relationship with a criminal that was 2 years before and a sketchy report that her car was seen near a drug house. Why is it OK with you that the police relied on that evidence to put her place of residence on a search warrant and execute it violently in the middle of the night?

What did she DO to be blamed? The only thing you've come up with is that she had a previous relationship with a criminal that was 2 years before and a sketchy report that her car was seen near a drug house. Why is it OK with you that the police relied on that evidence to put her place of residence on a search warrant and execute it violently in the middle of the night?
I highly doubt it was just where her car was parked. It’s ok with me because they’ve put in the time to investigate.

You might want to take a look at this.

https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/read/63943132/breonna-taylor-summary-redacted1

Reactions: Madman_1
Of course you wouldn’t. But you want to assess the situation before pulling the trigger wouldn’t you?

Absolutely, if the situation allows for that. I take it you've never been woken up from a dead sleep with your adrenaline pumping. In my situation above, I was able to gather my bearings quickly...go down stairs and assess the situation and it ended (as I always pray) with no shots fired.

Now for me, it takes a bit to get me rattled, so my alarm simply going off, or one of my kids waking me up at 2am doesn't get me shook. Hell, even my doorbell ringing didn't rattle me, but once I heard the kick to the door, I was up and moving. ...and even then, I never lifted my weapon above my hip and finger was on the trigger guard (slide was racked, though). Now, I will admit I shouldn't have gone outside as it could have escalated, but once I heard an engine start I was eager to get a plate. That part is iffy in hind-sight and the police told me as much...in the future stay inside unless forced out.

What if it was law enforcement?

That's interesting...I can say with 100% certainty that if the police knock down my door with a battering ram they have the wrong house. Also, if they "announce" themselves at 2am, I'm in the back part of the house with two white noise fans, so I will not hear them. They'd better being coming through my door shouting "Police, Police, Police" on repeat from their mouths or it may not go well for either of us. Not really worried about that scenario ever happening and the odds of me experiencing two break-ins in my life are statistically low, so I sleep pretty calmly and haven't pulled my weapon from the safe in 8 years (aside from going to the range).

Last edited:
I highly doubt it was just where her car was parked. It’s ok with me because they’ve put in the time to investigate.
Then why not be transparent about it and share all the information?

So far you're simply saying "I trust the police implicitly". I think it's wise to give the police the benefit of the doubt in many cases but this one has so many holes in it. And even if the warrant was justified, how do you excuse the errors made in the execution of it that resulted in an unnecessary death?

Reactions: gohawks50
Ok. So you’re saying she had no involvement with the ex boyfriend?
The Times reported that according to friends, family and Taylor’s social media posts, she was on and off again with both Glover — who friends, family and Taylor herself thought was bad for her — and Walker, who they say treated her well and was, by all accounts, a good and decent man. Glover was in and out of jail, and Taylor paid his bail more than once. She seemed to genuinely care for him, even as she was trying to extricate herself from his life. (She had blocked him on her cellphone.)

There were a few other incidents in the warrant that some have said implicated Taylor. In December 2016 she rented a car, then loaned it to Glover. He then loaned it to a man involved in his drug dealing — and that man was later found dead in the car. But police who investigated were satisfied that Taylor had no knowledge of the murder, or of how Glover had used the car when she loaned it to him. The other incident occurred two months before the raid, when Glover retrieved a package he had ordered delivered to Taylor’s home. The police claimed a postal inspector told them this package was “suspicious.” The postal inspector later said he had no record of that. According to attorneys for Taylor’s family, the package contained clothes and shoes.

Some have again pointed to that leaked memo, in which Glover seemed to suggest storing money at Taylor’s apartment. But the police found no cash in the apartment. Glover has also since publicly said that Taylor had no involvement in his drug dealing. And he may have had some incentive to say otherwise: In July, attorneys for Taylor’s family say prosecutors presented Glover with a plea bargain that listed Taylor as a co-defendant, suggesting that he’d get reduced charges if he implicated her. (Prosecutors say the plea deal was just a draft, though Taylor’s family’s attorneys say that claim is dubious.)

Just one correction...one of the lawyers for her family has stated they were dating as recently as February of this year.

The Times reported that according to friends, family and Taylor’s social media posts, she was on and off again with both Glover — who friends, family and Taylor herself thought was bad for her — and Walker, who they say treated her well and was, by all accounts, a good and decent man. Glover was in and out of jail, and Taylor paid his bail more than once. She seemed to genuinely care for him, even as she was trying to extricate herself from his life. (She had blocked him on her cellphone.)

There were a few other incidents in the warrant that some have said implicated Taylor. In December 2016 she rented a car, then loaned it to Glover. He then loaned it to a man involved in his drug dealing — and that man was later found dead in the car. But police who investigated were satisfied that Taylor had no knowledge of the murder, or of how Glover had used the car when she loaned it to him. The other incident occurred two months before the raid, when Glover retrieved a package he had ordered delivered to Taylor’s home. The police claimed a postal inspector told them this package was “suspicious.” The postal inspector later said he had no record of that. According to attorneys for Taylor’s family, the package contained clothes and shoes.

Some have again pointed to that leaked memo, in which Glover seemed to suggest storing money at Taylor’s apartment. But the police found no cash in the apartment. Glover has also since publicly said that Taylor had no involvement in his drug dealing. And he may have had some incentive to say otherwise: In July, attorneys for Taylor’s family say prosecutors presented Glover with a plea bargain that listed Taylor as a co-defendant, suggesting that he’d get reduced charges if he implicated her. (Prosecutors say the plea deal was just a draft, though Taylor’s family’s attorneys say that claim is dubious.)

Ok yeah clearly if her families attorney says something is dubious then it’s true. I’ll take the word of law enforcement over a family attorney any day. Investigations still go on after people get blocked on a phone.

Ok yeah clearly if her families attorney says something is dubious then it’s true. I’ll take the word of law enforcement over a family attorney any day. Investigations still go on after people get blocked on a phone.
You do that. They have no reason to lie other than to cover up their mistakes

No they didn’t. They battered down the door while the people were sleeping.
Actually, several neighbors did say that they heard them knock and identify themselves, even though they had a no knock warrant.

Actually, several neighbors did say that they heard them knock and identify themselves, even though they had a no knock warrant.

Both are true,... Police knocked, identified themselves and then broke down the door...

One neighbor as I understand it. Others said that wasn't the case.

Reactions: RileyHawk
Exactly.

In what was probably the most frustrating part of Cameron’s press event, he cited a single witness who claimed to have heard the officers identify themselves as police. I spoke with Taylor’s lawyers in June, who at that time had interviewed 11 of her neighbors. Many lived in the same apartment building as Taylor. According to the lawyers, no neighbor heard an announcement. The New York Times interviewed 12 neighbors. They found one — just one — who heard an announcement. And he only heard one announcement. He also told the paper that with all the commotion, it’s entirely possible that Walker and Taylor didn’t hear that announcement. Cameron neglected to mention any of this.

Moreover, in a CNN interview Wednesday night, Walker’s attorney, Steven Romines, said the witness to whom Cameron was referring initially said he did not hear the police announce themselves. And he repeated that assertion in a second interview. It was only after his third interview that he finally said he heard an announcement. That’s critical context that Cameron neglected to mention.

Did you post a link to that article as support of your contention that "several neighbors did say that they heard them knock and identify themselves?"

As an aside, why do midwesterners cite the NY Post as authoritative? I understand it has NY in the name, but it's one step up from a tabloid. Most people read it for the Page 6 rumors and the pro-Yankees nonsense.

And the lawyer is completely there for the money. But lawyers would never lie would they.
Some facts are indisputable. The Postal Inspector did not report suspicious packages delivered to Taylor's house. Most neighbors did not hear the cops annouce themselves.

Listen, I'm not saying any of the officers deserve a murder charge, but everyone should be able to agree what happened to Breonna Taylor was wrong and most of the fault lies with the way law enforcement handled the situation. Big changes need to be made to avoid something like this ever happening again. Nothing she did before the warrant was issued or during the raid was worthy of the death sentence she received. Even if her apartment had been filled with drugs and cash, she still wouldn't have deserved to be gunned down in her own home.

Some facts are indisputable. The Postal Inspector did not report suspicious packages delivered to Taylor's house. Most neighbors did not hear the cops annouce themselves.

Listen, I'm not saying any of the officers deserve a murder charge, but everyone should be able to agree what happened to Breonna Taylor was wrong and most of the fault lies with the way law enforcement handled the situation. Big changes need to be made to avoid something like this ever happening again. Nothing she did before the warrant was issued or during the raid was worthy of the death sentence she received. Even if her apartment had been filled with drugs and cash, she still wouldn't have deserved to be gunned down in her own home.
I won’t agree with that at all. I’ll agree some of it might lie with law enforcement. As far as the neighbors go if it was midnight and they were sleeping maybe they couldn’t hear it either even if it did happen. I will agree that she didn’t deserve to die. But if the officer had died from his wounds he wouldn’t have deserved it either.

I won’t agree with that at all. I’ll agree some of it might lie with law enforcement. As far as the neighbors go if it was midnight and they were sleeping maybe they couldn’t hear it either even if it did happen. I will agree that she didn’t deserve to die. But if the officer had died from his wounds he wouldn’t have deserved it either.
What did Taylor and her boyfriend do wrong that night? As far as the injured police officer, his injuries are a result of a bad plan by law enforcement. He wouldn't have deserved to die, but knocking down a door in the middle of the night caused the deadly reaction by the boyfriend. I think both Breonna and the officer would have been unharmed if the police wouldn't have broken down the door. They weren't after a dangerous killer, they were just looking for evidence. In my mind, that's not worth anyone's life.

All these obvious police failures

As you understand it, eh. You know who understands the case? The Attorney General. The black Attorney General. He’s reviewed everything relevant in the case. You’ve watched CNN. Tell me, what did Daniel Cameron conclude again?

The warrant wasn't looking for someone. She wasn't a drug dealer and no drugs were found. This post is a complete fail.

Looks like a winner to me. Which officer was charged? Thanks, I’m right. **** with the bull, drug dealers, you get the horn.

What did Taylor and her boyfriend do wrong that night? As far as the injured police officer, his injuries are a result of a bad plan by law enforcement. He wouldn't have deserved to die, but knocking down a door in the middle of the night caused the deadly reaction by the boyfriend. I think both Breonna and the officer would have been unharmed if the police wouldn't have broken down the door. They weren't after a dangerous killer, they were just looking for evidence. In my mind, that's not worth anyone's life.
I blame
You know I’m tired of all you liberals siding with criminals and those associated with them. The cops have a tough job with little reward. How do you think crimes get solved? It’s by finding evidence! And you need to obtain a warrant from a judge to find it sometime. Which they did! If you want to find someone to blame why not look at the drug dealer ex boyfriend? How about the boyfriend who shot at cops!!!? I will back the blue every day of the week.

I blame

You know I’m tired of all you liberals siding with criminals and those associated with them. The cops have a tough job with little reward. How do you think crimes get solved? It’s by finding evidence! And you need to obtain a warrant from a judge to find it sometime. Which they did! If you want to find someone to blame why not look at the drug dealer ex boyfriend? How about the boyfriend who shot at cops!!!? I will back the blue every day of the week.
I'm tired of Republicans/Trump Supporters/Conservatives, whatever you want to call yourself, thinking it's okay for justice to be rendered by the police instead of the courts. The warrant at Breonna Taylor's home yielded no evidence, but resulted in the death of woman with no criminal record and an injury to a police officer. Something went terribly wrong with the system, if you can't admit that then you are choosing to ignore the obvious.

I'm tired of Republicans/Trump Supporters/Conservatives, whatever you want to call yourself, thinking it's okay for justice to be rendered by the police instead of the courts. The warrant at Breonna Taylor's home yielded no evidence, but resulted in the death of woman with no criminal record and an injury to a police officer. Something went terribly wrong with the system, if you can't admit that then you are choosing to ignore the obvious.
The obvious is if there were no crimes or criminals we wouldn’t be in this situation. The courts are the people that issue the warrants. The police get their instructions and go. Again they search to find evidence yes sometime they don’t find any but that’s how you solve crime. It’s not by hoping the criminals turn themselves in.

That's logical. But the shooter didn't get shot. Why would they shoot next to the shooter rather than the shooter?

Gee, maybe because they were returning fire at the threat while simultaneously seeking cover and concealment, and maybe pulling a wounded officer to safety? Couldn’t you come up with these logical answers?

Reactions: Chuck C
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT