ADVERTISEMENT

Breonna Taylor

The obvious is if there were no crimes or criminals we wouldn’t be in this situation. The courts are the people that issue the warrants. The police get their instructions and go. Again they search to find evidence yes sometime they don’t find any but that’s how you solve crime. It’s not by hoping the criminals turn themselves in.
What crime were they trying to solve by raiding Taylor's residence?

Gee, maybe because they were returning fire at the threat while simultaneously seeking cover and concealment? Couldn’t you come up with these logical answers?
How many shots did Walker fire? I think one. The police responded with 20 shots, six hit Taylor and 0 hit the shooter.

Reactions: RileyHawk
The obvious is if there were no crimes or criminals we wouldn’t be in this situation. The courts are the people that issue the warrants. The police get their instructions and go. Again they search to find evidence yes sometime they don’t find any but that’s how you solve crime. It’s not by hoping the criminals turn themselves in.

The courts are “the people” that are supposed to determine guilt or innocence. There is absolutely zero reason to be executing a no-knock warrant at 12:30 AM for low level drug crimes. It is incredibly dangerous for the police, the suspects, and anyone in their vicinity.

Omg are you serious? The drug dealer ex boyfriend’s investigation maybe?
Who had been arrested earlier in the evening. Seems like that might have eliminated the need of the no knock portion of the warrant since the suspect was already in police custody.

The courts are “the people” that are supposed to determine guilt or innocence. There is absolutely zero reason to be executing a no-knock warrant at 12:30 AM for low level drug crimes. It is incredibly dangerous for the police, the suspects, and anyone in their vicinity.
Ok judges approve the warrants. Low level drug crimes? They guy was in and out of prison. I’m guessing it wasn’t low level.

Who had been arrested earlier in the evening. Seems like that might have eliminated the need of the no knock portion of the warrant since the suspect was already in police custody.
JFC to build a case you need evidence! To get evidence you need a warrant. For some reason they chose to execute it at night. I don’t know the reason for the time but I’m guessing there was a good reason.

JFC to build a case you need evidence! To get evidence you need a warrant. For some reason they chose to execute it at night. I don’t know the reason for the time but I’m guessing there was a good reason.
Don't you think the 'good' reason should be shared with the public in light of the death, injury, and unrest that has resulted from that choice?

Don't you think the 'good' reason should be shared with the public in light of the death, injury, and unrest that has resulted from that choice?
They do that a lot it’s not uncommon. There’s no reason to announce it. Just because your following this case doesn’t mean everything has to be answered to your liking. Law enforcement have many tactics they use that most of us don’t know about. And i know you won’t believe it but most of those tactics are for safety for everyone involved.

They do that a lot it’s not uncommon. There’s no reason to announce it. Just because your following this case doesn’t mean everything has to be answered to your liking. Law enforcement have many tactics they use that most of us don’t know about. And i know you won’t believe it but most of those tactics are for safety for everyone involved.
Don't you think this case might be a good time make an exception to the usual practice? Do you work in law enforcement so you are familiar with these practices?

Gee, maybe because they were returning fire at the threat while simultaneously seeking cover and concealment, and maybe pulling a wounded officer to safety? Couldn’t you come up with these logical answers?
Maybe. But you would think trained professionals would be batter than this. At least I would hope so.

Don't you think this case might be a good time make an exception to the usual practice? Do you work in law enforcement so you are familiar with these practices?
I don’t work in law enforcement. I’d never make it. I think they should always be improving their tactics and methods of doing things. For everyone’s safety.

This thread shows what a piss poor job our press does. Neither side knows what actually happened.

The police dept is in a position where they need to release the footage right away to make sure the press doesn't start their own story instead of what actually happened.

Don't you think this case might be a good time make an exception to the usual practice?

Knowing it’s an apartment complex and likelihood of weapons present an explanation for night service could very well be to (1) minimize neighboring residents and others being out and accidentally caught up in it (2) minimize detection and a prepared violent confrontation (3) increase probability the occupants are located in bedrooms (4) reduce chances of destroyed evidence.

Reactions: Hawkeyecurtis81
Maybe you should go train them since you think it’s so easy. Since you have SHOT a gun before....
WTF? What a stupid thing to say. These guys are supposed to be trained professionals. A big part of that training is shooting at appropriate targets. This is a case where they failed miserably so maybe, just maybe, their training needs to be improved to prevent other needless deaths.

This thread shows what a piss poor job our press does. Neither side knows what actually happened.

The police dept is in a position where they need to release the footage right away to make sure the press doesn't start their own story instead of what actually happened.
What footage?

Whatever happened to good old fashioned police work? They get a tip some drugs coming out of an apartment... why not sit on the location for a few days.. document any criminal activity you might see, get a wire and build a case.

WTF? What a stupid thing to say. These guys are supposed to be trained professionals. A big part of that training is shooting at appropriate targets. This is a case where they failed miserably so maybe, just maybe, their training needs to be improved to prevent other needless deaths.
Lol a stupid thing to say? You mean like when you get SHOT at you should have perfect accuracy in the dark just because they’re professionals? They’re not professional marksman. You should know since that when you’re shooting your adrenaline can kick in even without being shot at. So I’d be for more training but a lot of liberal cities want to defund police not pay for more training. Smh

Whatever happened to good old fashioned police work? They get a tip some drugs coming out of an apartment... why not sit on the location for a few days.. document any criminal activity you might see, get a wire and build a case.
That’s what they were doing with the warrant. Building a case. And they had tips.

Lol a stupid thing to say? You mean like when you get SHOT at you should have perfect accuracy in the dark just because they’re professionals? They’re not professional marksman. You should know since that when you’re shooting your adrenaline can kick in even without being shot at. So I’d be for more training but a lot of liberal cities want to defund police not pay for more training. Smh
Yes - a very stupid thing to say. The police returned fire with more than 20 shots, none of which hit the original shooter. That's incompetence. Likewise, your comment about "defunding" police demonstrates ignorance regarding what that means.

Yes - a very stupid thing to say. The police returned fire with more than 20 shots, none of which hit the original shooter. That's incompetence. Likewise, your comment about "defunding" police demonstrates ignorance regarding what that means.
So redirecting or reallocating funds away from police departments isn’t what defunding the police means? In the dark how could you tell who the original shooter is? Your ignorance of how any of this is possible is amazing.

So redirecting or reallocating funds away from police departments isn’t what defunding the police means? In the dark how could you tell who the original shooter is? Your ignorance of how any of this is possible is amazing.
Reallocating funds to more effectively provide public safety is what it's about.

Muzzle blast. Sound. And it's highly unlikely the environment was pitch black. This is a situation where the police should have been expertly trained, otherwise it's negligent to proceed in such a manner.

They f'ed up big time.

Reallocating funds to more effectively provide public safety is what it's about.

Muzzle blast. Sound. And it's highly unlikely the environment was pitch black. This is a situation where the police should have been expertly trained, otherwise it's negligent to proceed in such a manner.

They f'ed up big time.
Possibly but we weren’t there were we. It’s funny you don’t lay blame on the 2 boyfriends.Maybe you should spread some blame around to all. It’s funny how liberals like to blame cops for everything and never lay blame on the criminals.

Last edited:
Possibly but we weren’t there were we. It’s funny you don’t lay blame on the 2 boyfriends.Maybe you should spread some blame around to all. It’s funny how liberals like to blame cops for everything and never lay blame on the criminals.
The current boyfriend has nothing to be blamed for which is why he was released. The former boyfriend is to blame for the things he has done. The police are to blame for their failures handling this case and incident.

I'm not a liberal and look to place blame where it belongs so we can then use it to learn and progress as a society.

The current boyfriend has nothing to be blamed for which is why he was released. The former boyfriend is to blame for the things he has done. The police are to blame for their failures handling this case and incident.

I'm not a liberal and look to place blame where it belongs so we can then use it to learn and progress as a society.
I don’t see what else the cops could have done. You get fired on you fire back. They were there for a reason and were doing their jobs how they were instructed to do. Those guys don’t make the laws they just try to up hold them. If you can’t understand how the events all tie together and just want to blame cops go ahead.

I don’t see what else the cops could have done. You get fired on you fire back. They were there for a reason and were doing their jobs how they were instructed to do. Those guys don’t make the laws they just try to up hold them. If you can’t understand how the events all tie together and just want to blame cops go ahead.

You don’t know what else the cops could have done? Are you kidding me? How about NOT EXECUTING A NO-KNOCK WARRANT FOR LOW LEVEL DRUG CRIMES AT 12:30 IN THE MORNING!?!?!?!?!?!? Or how about wearing body cameras, so that if something goes wrong it is documented? Both of those failures by the police are inexcusable.

You don’t know what else the cops could have done? Are you kidding me? How about NOT EXECUTING A NO-KNOCK WARRANT FOR LOW LEVEL DRUG CRIMES AT 12:30 IN THE MORNING!?!?!?!?!?!? Or how about wearing body cameras, so that if something goes wrong it is documented? Both of those failures by the police are inexcusable.
the biggest point I see is most public would agree that a no-knock warrant for this type of crime : investigation is b.s.

The only reason I see a no-knock warrant being useful is if they were worried about drugs being flushed / destroyed ..

But , would it not make more sense to knock and announce police presence outside - as to not startle anyone inside? Especially for low level drug crimes and non-violent crimes.

Do the police ifficers themselves decide when and where to do searches?

Also, who said it was a low level drug crime?

I agree on the bodycam part, but it wouldn't have changed anything.

Reactions: Chuck C
The cops didn’t decide on the warrant and there are reasons to go at that time. I’m not sure but I think there might have been cams but no footage released but I’m not sure. And no I’m not kidding you. And it wasn’t a low level crime. You don’t get investigated all the way back to 2016 for low level crimes. It wasn’t possession.

So how are these cops at fault for following orders and doing their job

I highly doubt they had the authority to decide what kind of warrant was issued

The blame for the police onsite goes mainly to their inability to shoot the appropriate target. That's a problem. The blame for the police being there at that time and with that justification falls on the police department as a whole.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT