ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Ferentz... No Iowa logo attire

Presumably it’s protocol for all coaches to wear similar Iowa attire. It’s not earth-shattering news, but it’s also not a good look for Brian. If he were somehow unjustly terminated, I’d understand, but he has obviously been kept around far too long for obvious reasons. If anything, he should be grateful to have been paid about $1M per year to underperform at a historically awful level — hardly basis for some petty protest.

Not a real dignified way to go out. But whatever — time to find a competent OC and see how having both an offense and a defense works out.

Last edited:
It was a protest and it wouldn't be allowed anywhere else.

This is why when employees are fired they are generally immediately walked out. The U let him finish out the season and this is how he acts. He's a punk.
So happy when he's just an afterthought.

Reactions: mustang_hawk
It’s also kind of funny to see people talking about how our offense is starting to click and such these past two weeks. And we’ve essentially put up 14 points both weeks offensively.
The bar BF has set is incredibly low.

Think...a blade of grass sitting on a sidewalk.

Middle school offenses are more creative.

Presumably it’s protocol for all coaches to wear similar Iowa attire. It’s not earth-shattering news, but it’s also not a good look for Brian. If he were somehow unjustly terminated, I’d understand, but he has obviously been kept around far too long for obvious reasons. If anything, he should be grateful to have been paid about $1M per year to underperform to a historically awful degree — hardly basis for some petty protest.

Not a real dignified way to go out. But whatever — time to find a competent OC and see how having both an offense and a defense works out.
If Brian wants to protest, he should take it to the streets. He’d be about as popular as the Westboro Baptist Church.

Seriously dude... Yeah it sucks you got fired unceremoniously and are allowed to finish the year. Your family and yourself has cashed a lot of checks worth a lot of money for you to be this petty.
Screw that crap.

She fired him and let him stay, he f'ing won.

• Haha
Reactions: Bierhalter
We have some of the dumbest sons for “fans”. Did you notice his shoes were black and gold too? Cause they were.

As you know, you have intentionally mischaracterized the reason some of us don't like this.

Let me spell it out for you: for him to not wear anything Iowa or Hawkeye or Tiger Hawk, is an obvious protest. That's what bothers some of us.

What is he protesting? Because he certainly wasn't treated unfairly.

It's a continuation of the Ferentzian arrogant defiance that some of us have had our fill of... still. Really... STILL?? After the performance of the offense the last 3 seasons????

But I won't intentionally mischaracterize your position nor call you an idiot. I can agree to disagree.

As you know, you have intentionally mischaracterized the reason some of us don't like this.

Let me spell it out for you: for him to not wear anything Iowa or Hawkeye or Tiger Hawk, is an obvious protest. That's what bothers some of us.

It's a continuation of the Ferentzian arrogant defiance that some of us have had our fill of... still. Really... STILL?? After the performance of the offense the last 3 seasons????

But I won't intentionally mischaracterize you position nor call you an idiot. I can agree to disagree.
Excellent post. Funny the level of vitriol we see from some “true fans”. Anyone with an IQ over 10 realizes what Brian was doing.

Was it the worst thing ever? Obviously not. Is it great that the Hawks have managed 9 wins so far without a functional offense? Absolutely. Can we be elated for the players and coaches alike? By all means. Can we also acknowledge that what Brian did was petty and inappropriate? Of course. Is it absurd for some fans to lash out against others for simply pointing that out? You bet your ass it is. They should take their own advice and just enjoy winning the West.😉

Sorry I have support both KF and BF. But this is bullshit. Have some class and show that you support both the university and your players. Why is he even doing this. No class in my eyes for both BF and KF.
Sorry, just accept the situation and move forward. It shows me it is all about him and no one else.
As I said before I was behind both of them, but does show how immature he is.
Did you watch the end of the game?

Reactions: Pawkhawk1

But I won't intentionally mischaracterize your position nor call you an idiot. I can agree to disagree.
Looks like his so called protest is working. He's got you triggered for noticing it and that's what protests are suppose to do.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
Long hasn't coached college in almost 15 years, and he won't work for KF because he's still butthurt he didn't get the OC job back in 2000.
When he was coaching it wasn't exactly memorable either, and YET somebody posts this same crap every year. Ah, no thanks.......

Did you watch the end of the game?
yes I watched the end of the game and was happy to see all the players hug him and get the Gatorade bath. I have been a BF supporter, because I do not believe all the offensive struggles are on him. I was probably a little too strong with my comments, but tell me why he was not wearing a logo shirt? I know the coaches are suppose to, so there is a reason.
Anyway great win for Hawks and wish Brian the best on his future.

No rage, if Brian won't explain his protest, how about you summarize his grievance for us. Again, this will be interesting.
Lol. You need help with this?

What part of he's done talking to the media don't you understand? He didn't talk to me about it or make it public.

BF will just own a part of your head rent free.

Reactions: HawkinK.C.1
It is no coincidence he is not wearing and it’s a petty, selfish and childish response by BF. He grew up with a dad who coached, he played for and made millions as a coach here. University has been more than fair and has treated himself personally well and his family great for decades but yet he in his mind still feels like he is getting the raw end of the deal like an ungrateful spoiled brat. Unfortunately for BF the results from almost last 3 years have shown he is not good at his job and he is lucky to even finish out the season (unlike others OCs like at PSU).

Him wearing black reminds me of Stanford wrestlers few years ago wearing all black singlets at nationals when word of disbanding the program came down just before. In that case they were innocent victims of politics and $. BF on other hand is someone who should’ve been shown the door much earlier if not for nepotism.

It is no coincidence he is not wearing and it’s a petty, selfish and childish response by BF. He grew up with a dad who coached, he played for and made millions as a coach here. University has been more than fair and has treated himself personally well and his family great for decades but yet he in his mind still feels like he is getting the raw end of the deal like an ungrateful spoiled brat. Unfortunately for BF the results from almost last 3 years have shown he is not good at his job and he is lucky to even finish out the season (unlike others OCs like at PSU).

Him wearing black reminds me of Stanford wrestlers few years ago wearing all black singlets at nationals when word of disbanding the program came down just before. In that case they were innocent victims of politics and $. BF on other hand is someone who should’ve been shown the door much earlier if not for nepotism.
Oh Boo Hoo , find Something legitimate to cry about.

This. Essentially word for word what I was going to post.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT