ADVERTISEMENT

Brody Grothus

I've actually done a blind taste test with Vall Jr. and left overs from W&P and Cappy's and he agrees. Zoeys is good but 1) it's impossible to order on Sat before 8 pm and 2) the quality some times suffers.

1-I completely agree with, very select with the times I choose to patron, 2-haven't experienced sub-par Zoey's, but I trust your judgement, the Mrs and I will have to give Cappy's the good college try...

BTW Mendoza, did you guys ever meet up at that place in Cleveland last year? My brother-in-law insisted we check out the WIN show during the first break last year, and by the time we went there (in the freezing cold) and got back there were no Hawk fans left there. Plenty of wrestling folks, but not much Black and Gold in there. We checked there a couple other times but never saw a Hawk group. I was bummed because I wanted to meet a few other cesspoolers there.

Yes we did - each day we did Vincenza's Pizza for lunch (Novak joined us for a short time, and saw/talked to lots of well-known wrestlers and coaches there), then for dinner went to Winking Lizard (cool place) - me and Lax went to Lizard for semis when we couldn't find tickets, and the place erupted when Lee pinned Tomasello :) . Also hit City Tap, which was way too crowded and noisy for my liking, but the Hawk wrestlers and families hung out there some.

Can't wait to get back to St. Louis in 2021 --- hopefully fly back from Argentina for that! I LOVE hanging at Maurizio's - that's where a group of us cesspoolians first met (Chief, Lax, Kwoodhawk, Andegre, Sandor, Mendoza, and others), so hope we can get a big group there again --- and watch a stunning performance by Iowa, with 8 finalists that year :);):cool::p:eek::rolleyes:o_O

[Edit: Lee, Renteria, Desanto, Murin, Young/Brands, Marinelli, Warner, Cassioppi]

Reactions: TNTwrestle
Best pizza I ever had was in Amsterdam (American Pizza in red light district) after smoking a big fat joint of superskunk. It was amazing, sooooo good. I ate the cardboard box it came in-- and that was the second best thing I ever ate. ;)

Carl tried getting Gavin eligible for one semester before he hit rock bottom. He knew full well Gavin had addiction issues. Can anyone defend this?

Last edited:
Carl tried getting Gavin eligible for one semester before he hit rock bottom. He knew full well Gavin had addiction issues. Can anyone defend this?

Yes, they will be here shortly. The bat signal has been replaced by an ‘anti-Carl language’ signal. Anytime something negative is typed phones and alarms go off and the troops are mobilized.

Yes, they will be here shortly. The bat signal has been replaced by an ‘anti-Carl language’ signal. Anytime something negative is typed phones and alarms go off and the troops are mobilized.
They know it's true but love livin on the denile river.

Best pizza I ever had was in Amsterdam (American Pizza in red light district) after smoking a big fat joint of superskunk. It was amazing, sooooo good. I ate the cardboard box it came in-- and that was the second best thing I ever ate. ;)
Pretty sure that was the same Pizza joint I had last month. I did not smoke a joint of superskunk though. Mine was tesla power that I enjoyed at the Dolphin. I can confirm that Memorial Day wknd when I am back over there. I mean the pizza not the joint

The question is, is there anyway he can beat Hall or Valencia.
Just_somebody, I too have song that pops into my head when I see an update to this thread. It's Queen's Keep Yourself Alive, but the voice in my head sings, Keep This Thread Alive.

Reactions: just_somebody
It looks like Eireman is going to bump him out of the 149 pound slot next year, so I think he should bulk up and take the Young's spot next year.

Reactions: rival_me
he needs a new nickname...Brody "toolman" Grothus. He can be the utility guy and fill in for Spencer when wrestling freestyle, at 174 and give kemdawg a break, 184 when cash isnt getting the job done.

he needs a new nickname...Brody "toolman" Grothus. He can be the utility guy and fill in for Spencer when wrestling freestyle, at 174 and give kemdawg a break, 184 when cash isnt getting the job done.

Wasn't he injured his last season and shut down before NCAAs? He might as well petition for another year.

Reactions: wasdt21
Just re-read this entire thread. Kudos to Grothus for attempting what he attempted. I'm sure, a couple of years removed from it, he's stronger mentally and emotionally as a result of having gone through that adversity. Every wrestler had disappointments--McIlravy, McGinnis, Tom, Terry. Randy Lewis's exceptional career ended with a loss. So did Barry Davis's. Sure wish it would've ended differently for Grothus, and it certainly could've. Wrestling's a tough sport. That's why it's great.

Well I heard that Brody Grothus smacked a murder hornet so hard in Washington that it caused a derecho in Iowa.

Oh and the rest of that hornet's colony was in such fear of Brody that they started pollinating and producing honey.

Well I heard Brody Grothus was kicked out of BUDS (SEAL training) because he beat up too many of his instructors for disrespecting him. Imagine being so badass that not even the SEALS will take him.

Brody Grothus is Dan Bilzerian?

naw-mike-epps.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT