ADVERTISEMENT

Brody Grothus

The Sunday morning after watching Brody win his state high school title, I started the First Brody Grothus Thread on HROT. It was entitled Brody Grothus: Must Have Recruit. That prick Dietz quickly posted that I was an idiot - which, BTW, may be true. However, Dietz was and is a moron and a dick and if he's around posting under another name, I'd like to tell him to go screw himself. But I digress.

Within a half hour of starting the thread, an insider here posted that out staff was on it and it looked good for Brody being a Hawk. The rest, as they say, is history. Brody is a legend and let's run they thread out another 20 -30 pages.

Or was his name Rietz??

As has been done in the past and will certainly be done in the future, there will be discussion of an all-time great Iowa team. When those discussions happen, and people are arguing about who was the best at each weight, weighing National Titles and Big Ten Titles and All Americans, we should ensure there is also an All Time 6th man, well in wresting maybe that's 11th man, you know, not one of the main guys but a real solid dude that does what's asked.

And that award should go to Brody in perpetuity........unless of course Bowman AA's at 174, but even then, I think his thread might be too short, gotta look at all the important factors. :)

Here's Brody a while back if some of u haven't seen it.

Brody won an all star shootout at the last race of this season. There were 4 different bike organizations and the top 4 were invited from each for the shootout. I have two photos of him and his team and a small vid of him winning that I can't figure out how to get it on here. It was text to my phone and been trying figure it out how to put it in my IPad. Having no luck but I'll keep trying.

There's 2 pretty cool recent YouTube where he won both races but having trouble putting them on here. Help this dumbass.

As has been done in the past and will certainly be done in the future, there will be discussion of an all-time great Iowa team. When those discussions happen, and people are arguing about who was the best at each weight, weighing National Titles and Big Ten Titles and All Americans, we should ensure there is also an All Time 6th man, well in wresting maybe that's 11th man, you know, not one of the main guys but a real solid dude that does what's asked.

And that award should go to Brody in perpetuity........unless of course Bowman AA's at 174, but even then, I think his thread might be too short, gotta look at all the important factors. :)

Who are other all timers like this? Chad Beatty falls in that category for me.

Reactions: depelland
I admit ignorance. Why do you think Daryl Weber is a lock for this award?
(And hopefully we get another 2-3 pages out of this discussion.)
Who was the guy who sat behind Mena for 3 years at 125 (or was it 118 back then) and then his senior year when Mena moved up a weight, he won the national title. That seems like a guy who should be on the list near the top to me.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked, and behold a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was death, and hell followed with him"

Bowman is coming for you Brody...

5a03c8479f25b.image.jpg

Am I the only one who read this in the voice of a slowly dying Johnny Cash?

Why? You know why!!

I'm sick of seeing that other thread. You want to talk pizza do it here! Let that thread be for the pu$$ie$. If you are a Hawk fan you post here! Not on that possible never will be thread!! Figure it out people!! If you don't know what's going on you're just as bad as those posting on it. I'm done, see you next Tuesday! I know it's Monday, that's not the point! I'm out!!

Why? You know why!!

I'm sick of seeing that other thread. You want to talk pizza do it here! Let that thread be for the pu$$ie$. If you are a Hawk fan you post here! Not on that possible never will be thread!! Figure it out people!! If you don't know what's going on you're just as bad as those posting on it. I'm done, see you next Tuesday! I know it's Monday, that's not the point! I'm out!!

Good man.

Why? You know why!!

Never back down, love it. Next, I can either tell my Johnny Cash story or summarize the other thread for your amusement...

George’s Pizza at Barracudas Bar in Burlington was the best after midnight pizza in the business! Sadly they tore it all down to build Fun City:(

Sorry to get off topic here, but a couple years ago when the Hawkeyes came out to Montana, I drove 8 hours to watch them wrestle MSU Northern. The little gym was cozy enough to walk over to the bench and chat with some of the guys. I have only had my picture taken with two wrestling celebrities and Brody was one. Maybe someday I will post it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT