ADVERTISEMENT

Brody Grothus

I think it was RDietz for a username...or something like that.
Did RDietz accidently* pick up a tablet, go to post and didn't realize his buddy was logged in.? This was about the time, that I realized that this board was me and three to four other people all of which have 15-20 other logins and I've been suspicious ever since.

That being said, I find Wrestlerneverdiesasacatsfan transparent transition to Titanium999 to be simplistic and insulting.

Last edited:
And now that he's not cutting weight, Brody likes pizza. Have you tried the Chicago style from Cappy's in Marion? Better than Zoey's and slightly better than Wig and Pen, which means it's probably the best in Iowa.

As good as Rocky Rococo’s between 1 and 3 AM?
That's an unfair comparision. Cappy's has the best pizza in Iowa until 1AM and then it's Rococo's until at least 3 AM. You probably have won the internet today, however @IAChief32 is lighting it up over on the wrestling board. Well, he's posted there 2X but it's pretty solid.

I was at Van's in Bettendorf the day that Gilman lost to Brancale. I WAS able to fight through the pain and finish my pizza. It's good.

Why? You know why!!

I'm sick of seeing that other thread. You want to talk pizza do it here! Let that thread be for the pu$$ie$. If you are a Hawk fan you post here! Not on that possible never will be thread!! Figure it out people!! If you don't know what's going on you're just as bad as those posting on it. I'm done, see you next Tuesday! I know it's Monday, that's not the point! I'm out!!

The insecurity over "The Brody Grothus Thread" somehow being "surpassed" by the Teasdale thread kind of has me scratching my head, to be honest. What am I missing? I know folks think this thread is legendary, but I don't get it. It has plenty of content not pertinent to the subject (like the Teasdale thread -- which was started by a Hawkeye fan, btw), and it doesn't hold a candle to the post count of one of the "Suriano" threads on BWI last year (almost 3,400 posts).

For those who are so attached to this thread and seem threatened by the Teasdale thread, what gives? Is it truly a badge of honor that must be defended? Just seems weird to me.

that's because you are not one of us

2rpyyn.jpg

The insecurity over "The Brody Grothus Thread" somehow being "surpassed" by the Teasdale thread kind of has me scratching my head, to be honest. What am I missing? I know folks think this thread is legendary, but I don't get it. It has plenty of content not pertinent to the subject (like the Teasdale thread -- which was started by a Hawkeye fan, btw), and it doesn't hold a candle to the post count of one of the "Suriano" threads on BWI last year (almost 3,400 posts).

For those who are so attached to this thread and seem threatened by the Teasdale thread, what gives? Is it truly a badge of honor that must be defended? Just seems weird to me.
Really? Says the guy who spends time on a rivals board. About the Suriano thread. Who cares!! It’s not on here and I’m not going to the poisoned waters of the BWI! I don’t care what you guys post over there. Over here this is our thread and I’m tired of seeing the Teasdale thread keep popping up. If I am going to see a tread moving up it should be this one because it has a Hawkeye name!!

So pizza. I really like this place P.J. Klems. It is as good as it gets for me. I have tired many here in the Chicago area, but Klem’s is my fav.

Anyone else going to Iowa v. IL Friday ?

Next time you're in Colorado, the legendary pizza here is Beau Jo's. Rare to find a pizzeria that puts honey in their crust and sauce, instead of sugar, but it makes a big difference.

Later this year I'm going to start a pizzeria in Argentina, and am going with the "honey is better than sugar" route. If you find yourself in Argentina some day, my pizza is free for any Iowa Hawkeye wrestling fans! :):cool:;):)

This post screams hypocritical douche on multiple levels. You call out everyone for keeping a thread going on their board as insecurity, feigning befuddlement, and then immediately go to the BWI equivalent like a bragging badge of honor.

I now get why quite a few on here don't want any PSU fans or even less than 100% Hawks fans posting here.,,,,,

Last edited:

Slush you confuse me. Many of your posts are very reasonable and welcomed (compared to many of the PSU trolls). And then you go asking an asinine question like this.

Next time you're in Colorado, the legendary pizza here is Beau Jo's. Rare to find a pizzeria that puts honey in their crust and sauce, instead of sugar, but it makes a big difference.

Later this year I'm going to start a pizzeria in Argentina, and am going with the "honey is better than sugar" route. If you find yourself in Argentina some day, my pizza is free for any Iowa Hawkeye wrestling fans! :):cool:;):)

Is your wife Argentinian? Or what's the visa situation like for living and working there? Just curious.

This post screams hypocritical douche on multiple levels. You call out everyone for keeping a thread going on their board as insecurity, feigning befuddlement, and then immediately go to the BWI equivalent like a bragging badge of honor.

I now get why quite a few on here don't want any PSU fans or even less than 100% Hawks fans posting here.,,,,,

I'm not seeing the hypocrisy in my post at any level, let alone multiple levels. I didn't brag up the Suriano or Teasdale threads. I think all 3 threads became garbage threads as soon as people started making them about the post-count. A silly metric for thread quality, and I don't understand why anyone feels the need to perpetuate them as though it is some kind of contest. I had always thought most, like myself, were just goofing around in the name of f*n, but now it seems there really is a strange motivation by some posters to "win" something. That is my point -- and that if post-count is really what makes this thread such a treasure, well, it has a long way to go to match another of its kind.

I was leaving the door open for another explanation, and CzechHawk has indicated that he doesn't want a thread with a PSU wrestler's name in the title being at the top of the page for a prolonged period of time, so he bumped this one.

As a neutral fan, I get it totally and I LOVE IT!!! I laugh every time I read another post on this thread.

Can we talk about the price of tea in China someday? I have always wondered what Brody Grothus has to do with the price of tea in China. :)

Reactions: LBlindHawk
As a neutral fan, I get it totally and I LOVE IT!!! I laugh every time I read another post on this thread.

Can we talk about the price of tea in China someday? I have always wondered what Brody Grothus has to do with the price of tea in China. :)

Price of tea? WTH happened with the price of rice?

Can somebody hook me up with a shave kit or jersey?

Just keep posting, Slush. It might be better for the cause it you didn’t make one big wordy comment, rather several separate comments allowing others to interject. This will keep the Teasdale thread from catching up. Just sayin’

Reactions: slushhead
I was at Van's in Bettendorf the day that Gilman lost to Brancale. I WAS able to fight through the pain and finish my pizza. It's good.
Mabes. Loved Mabes back in the day in Spencer. Still one In Decorah is my understanding? I gotta get there. Excellent pizza.

If you believe what you see on TV, then Digorno's is the best pizza going. I know that is misspelled, but I am not looking it up. That spelling is cesspool worthy.

Our resident Godfather's franchisee has not been around here for a while. Gobblin or HIWILLE, any thoughts.

Reactions: Gobblin
I'm not seeing the hypocrisy in my post at any level, let alone multiple levels. I didn't brag up the Suriano or Teasdale threads. I think all 3 threads became garbage threads as soon as people started making them about the post-count. A silly metric for thread quality, and I don't understand why anyone feels the need to perpetuate them as though it is some kind of contest. I had always thought most, like myself, were just goofing around in the name of f*n, but now it seems there really is a strange motivation by some posters to "win" something. That is my point -- and that if post-count is really what makes this thread such a treasure, well, it has a long way to go to match another of its kind.

I was leaving the door open for another explanation, and CzechHawk has indicated that he doesn't want a thread with a PSU wrestler's name in the title being at the top of the page for a prolonged period of time, so he bumped this one.

not only does BWI have the NJ kid thread that is huge but the twitter thread is bigly too. :p:eek::oops::oops::oops::oops:

First, Mendoza, if your wife IS Argentinian, we want pics.

Second, I'll talk to my son, he can tell you the price of about anything in China, although tea is not really his thing.

Third, there's really no point in bringing this up, because it will just make me wish I could have it again, and I never will, but the best pizza of all time was John's Pizza in Muscatine, but John and his wife moved it to West Liberty for a few years, then retired and moved back to Sicily. Ironically, the best pizza in Muscatine currently is Geo Johns which started out as Hawkeye Pizza in West Liberty, but it's still not as good as Pagliai's in Iowa City.

I think all Hawk fans should swear a pledge on this thread never to post again on that other thread.

GO HAWKS!

BTW Mendoza, did you guys ever meet up at that place in Cleveland last year? My brother-in-law insisted we check out the WIN show during the first break last year, and by the time we went there (in the freezing cold) and got back there were no Hawk fans left there. Plenty of wrestling folks, but not much Black and Gold in there. We checked there a couple other times but never saw a Hawk group. I was bummed because I wanted to meet a few other cesspoolers there.

that's a bold statement, I haven't tried Wig and Pen yet, but I am a big believer in the quality of Zoey's....
I've actually done a blind taste test with Vall Jr. and left overs from W&P and Cappy's and he agrees. Zoeys is good but 1) it's impossible to order on Sat before 8 pm and 2) the quality some times suffers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT