ADVERTISEMENT

CAITLIN CLARK DECLARES FOR 2024 WNBA DRAFT

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Bummer:

Iowa women’s basketball fourth-year point guard Caitlin Clark has declared for the 2024 WNBA Draft, the star announced Thursday on social media. In doing so, Clark forgoes her fifth and final year of eligibility, which was granted due to COVID-19.

549f51f2-08ab-48fe-b239-070113644d43_text.gif

NIL money compared to WNBA money? Feel like she'd get more in NIL, but no idea what WNBA pays

Doesn’t Connor work for the Pacers? I wonder if that played a role in her decision.
Maybe, but she's mature way beyond her years. She did everything she can do for herself, the Hawks and NCAA. It's time to hand it off to someone new. Conner was probably low on her list of reasons.

"A lot of people are saying Caitlin Clark is the Greatest of All Time. The GOAT. You've heard that before, right? The GOAT? Many people are calling her the GOAT. I turn on the TV and see her shooting and I say, 'Wow that's a lot of shooting!' It's beautiful shooting. Shooting the likes of which we've never seen before, okay. It's too bad what happened when Crooked LSU stole the title from Iowa. Can you believe that? THEY STOLE THE TITLE! Iowa fans come up to me — big guys who never cry. All of them wearing black and gold. They come up to me with tears in their eyes and they say, 'Sir, the title was stolen from us, sir! You must save our title!' And that's what's I'm doing, frankly. I'm trying to save the title from being stolen again!"

Wow! I heard on sports radio yesterday that she was making around $900,000 a year at Iowa while the max in the WBNA was around $235,000.

Figured she would milk college as long as she could.

Caitlin Clark made the best decision. Her scoring record will
have been achieved in 4 years. She does not need a 5th year
to prove anything. Caitlin's WNBA career will be enjoyed by
all Hawkeyes fans as she continues to display those dazzling
3 pointers from afar. Best of Luck to her in the future.

Wow! I heard on sports radio yesterday that she was making around $900,000 a year at Iowa while the max in the WBNA was around $235,000.

Figured she would milk college as long as she could.
She's making 900k in endorsements at Iowa with a salary of...a tuiton scholarship.
In the WNBA she'll be making 900k in endorsements with a salary of...235k.

Caitlin Clark made the best decision. Her scoring record will
have been achieved in 4 years. She does not need a 5th year
to prove anything. Caitlin's WNBA career will be enjoyed by
all Hawkeyes fans as she continues to display those dazzling
3 pointers from afar. Best of Luck to her in the future.

This to "prove anything" crap is so cliche.

Bummer:

Iowa women’s basketball fourth-year point guard Caitlin Clark has declared for the 2024 WNBA Draft, the star announced Thursday on social media. In doing so, Clark forgoes her fifth and final year of eligibility, which was granted due to COVID-19.

Good for her.

It will be interesting to see if she and other big college names like Reese, Buekers, Watkins etc. can bring some of that growth to the WNBA and how the vets in that league react.

NIL money compared to WNBA money? Feel like she'd get more in NIL, but no idea what WNBA pays
Between State Farm and HyVee it’s been reported she’s already pulling in “high” six figures. Those endorsement deals continue even after college I believe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT