ADVERTISEMENT

CAITLIN CLARK DECLARES FOR 2024 WNBA DRAFT

What the WNBA really needs is a Caitlin Clark on each team. If anybody can move the numbers for the league, it’ll be her. I’m skeptical about it, long-term. The Indy franchise is going to benefit, big-time. They will be profitable.

Perfect spot for her to end up. If she stays healthy (opponents are going to be even more physical) she’s going to light it up. No one can deal with that range.

My interest in the WNBA is piqued, but I still doubt that I’ll tune into a game when she isn’t playing.

Reactions: torbee
The season opener in May with Clark vs Ionescu is going to be hyped up and will draw huge numbers. She will make more in the WNBA... all her current deals and then some, plus WNBA salary. And, nobody has mentioned that most top players also play overseas during the normal season. This is where the big $$$ is at. She's going to do very well. I'm guessing Nike will have a shoe ready to launch this spring or by next hoops season.

She's going to have to earn respect just like any other athlete. That said the toughest thing for her is that if she isn't the best player in the WNBA in 2 or 3 years she will be regarded as a bust.

Very very few athletes enter the pros with the level of expectations on them as she has. Best recent comparison I could make is Andrew Luck but even the expectations on him are probably lower than hers.
Another reason Indy is a good place for her to go. With Boston on the floor teams won't be able to focus on her completely or they are going to get destroyed under the basket.

Another reason Indy is a good place for her to go. With Boston on the floor teams won't be able to focus on her completely or they are going to get destroyed under the basket.
I’ve said this many times before, but Clark’s passing skills are very underrated. If she and Boston can develop the kind of chemistry she had with Czinano, they’re going to be a lethal combo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT