ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Caitlin Clark declares for the 2024 WNBA Draft

I don’t think it’s the wrong decision but I think college basketball has significantly more appeal to casual fans than the WNBA. I’ve watched more women’s college basketball games in the past month than I have my entire life.

I sincerely think she would do more for the sport being in college one more year. I don’t see myself tuning into the WNBA, even with Clark. I feel like many will be the same, but I hope I’m wrong.

Probably a big weight off her shoulders. Let's go get a natty now!

Drinking Beer GIF by Barstool Sports

Good for her. Literally nothing else she can do and that team next year is going to suck so bad.
Certainly agree with your first statement. There really is NO reason for her to return other then financially, (maybe). I still think her agent has been working hard to make sure Clark WILL be compensated in the WNBA. Count on it. As to the team, don't write them off. Lots of growing pains without CC, Kate, Molly, and Gabbie, but very good incoming class and a new challenge for Lisa and her staff.

This feels like a good decision. She's done everything in college. She would probably be criticized for hanging in college for another year - the haters would be doin' the hatin' thing.

Assuming she goes to Indiana, that's a good landing spot. If she's serious about CMac, he's already there. It's in the Midwest so she'll fit in. It's a place her parents can still she her play. And Aliyah Boston is there - they will make a pretty good tandem.

Go get 'em CC!

This feels like a good decision. She's done everything in college. She would probably be criticized for hanging in college for another year - the haters would be doin' the hatin' thing.

Assuming she goes to Indiana, that's a good landing spot. If she's serious about CMac, he's already there. It's in the Midwest so she'll fit in. It's a place her parents can still she her play. And Aliyah Boston is there - they will make a pretty good tandem.

Go get 'em CC!
Now we just need to wait 25-30 more years for the re-emergence of the Clark x CMC children that will lead us to the promised land. 😂

I don’t think it’s the wrong decision but I think college basketball has significantly more appeal to casual fans than the WNBA. I’ve watched more women’s college basketball games in the past month than I have my entire life.

I sincerely think she would do more for the sport being in college one more year. I don’t see myself tuning into the WNBA, even with Clark. I feel like many will be the same, but I hope I’m wrong.
The WNBA playing in the summer is a stupid part of their business scheme. What is the reason? Anyone know? is it because there are a lot of empty arenas then and it cuts down cost.

Way too many people are outside at night doing things instead of watching summer women's bball.

November to April would be a good time for their season and schedule when the nba teams are not home or use another arena.

Now we just need to wait 25-30 more years for the re-emergence of the Clark x CMC children that will lead us to the promised land. 😂
Add in the Weiskamp-Meyer offspring and it could be exciting. More immediately, I hope Chad Greenway's daughter decides to follow in her father's footsteps and be a Hawkeye.

Last edited:
Add in the Weiskopf-Meyer offspring and it could be exciting. More immediately, I hope Chad Greenway's daughter decides to follow in her father's footsteps and be a Hawkeye.
That and waiting on Till/Kittle offspring to be players at Iowa.

Regarding CC22, figured it would happen with her going to the WNBA but hoped she’d come back and use some of her NIL to pull in a couple players to make a run for the B1G and NCAA titles.

The WNBA playing in the summer is a stupid part of their business scheme. What is the reason? Anyone know? is it because there are a lot of empty arenas then and it cuts down cost.

Way too many people are outside at night doing things instead of watching summer women's bball.

November to April would be a good time for their season and schedule when the nba teams are not home or use another arena.
scheduling how does it work?

I agree 100%. Summer schedule makes no sense. Same reason pro football in the summer fails.

Reactions: uihawk82
They will be underrated and over achieve.
I’m worried that a few teams are keeping receipts after she leaves. The Minny coach was none too happy after the game last night. Not a word to Bluder or CC22, just shaking their hands and got the heck outta there after that 48 point beat down.

She’ll be taking a pay cut
I just don't understand people saying this. Its totally inaccurate. Right now ALL of her income is from the corporations that have signed her. State Farm, Nike, Bose, HR Block, Buick, Hyvee, etc.. Please enlighten us on which of these companies would be stupid enough to drop her. AGAIN this only matters for the next year! After that she'd be gone anyway. They aren't going to drop her without seeing what happens when she hits the league. It AINT happening. Now MAYBE in a couple of years ,but I still think Nike, and State Farm will ride this out for awhile and see what she does to move the needle in the W. Thats where ALL of her income is now. AGAIN thats not going anywhere. Then she'll have her WNBA salary, so HOW is she going to take a pay cut over the next year? Also as I've brought up several times she signed this summer with Excel management who are agents for many of the top NBA players. Is it really your contention that a power broker agent would sign Clark and then not use their considerable power to move the needle with her? Do you not think they will find ways for her to get PAID $$$ in some form or fashion regardless of the WNBA salary structure?

I’m worried that a few teams are keeping receipts after she leaves. The Minny coach was none too happy after the game last night. Not a word to Bluder or CC22, just shaking their hands and got the heck outta there after that 48 point beat down.
So what, she may not be there either.

That program looks like women's programs from 20 years ago when women's basketball was an afterthought.

And Bluder's job is to get this team ready for March, period. Letting MaCabe drop 3 or 4 bombs in the last minute and a half may seem excessive, BUT could be critical for Iowa's success in the next few weeks....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT