ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark: Nation's BEST GUARD. USBWA 1st Team All American. WBCA&USBWA Nat'l Freshman of YR. 799 Pts is Iowa FR Record. 26.6 PPG is #1 in Nation

Monica is leading the nation in FG%, if anything, Clark gets extra assists because of who she is passing to. Kind of like how JBo only set the record because he has great shooters and Luka around him. :rolleyes:
Monica is leading the nation in FG%, if anything, Clark gets extra assists because of who she is passing to. Kind of like how JBo only set the record because he has great shooters and Luka around him. :rolleyes:
I like Monica but the whole team is guilty of having butter fingers when Clark passes. Clark makes crazy passes and often passes with a lot of zip. She makes bad passes too. Bluder has acknowledged that the team was not ready at the start of the season to handle Clark's passes. Clark has 10 assists last night and she has been in much better rhythm with the team the past few games

Last edited:
Reactions: chuck285 and Torg
Clark isn't the only one who feeds Monica. I've watched every game and Monica blows at least one assist every game from Clark. Just watch. Pay attention and get back to me.

...Clark will reach 700 points tonight.

Only one Iowa player has reached 700 points in a season, Megan Gustafson twice. More games in a full season means more points for Clark next year, but a better-balanced team could mean fewer points per game for her. And the bonus fifth season (if she takes it) means that 3000 points is within reach. Who is ready to start a pool?

Clark isn't the only one who feeds Monica. I've watched every game and Monica blows at least one assist every game from Clark. Just watch. Pay attention and get back to me.
I think poster was being sarcastic. Anyway, Clark is an elite player and her passing skills are elite as well. She just has to make better decisions at times and other players have to be alert at all times as well. JMO

I wasn't sure if the iowa women were playing the Rutgers mens or womens team last night
It was easy to tell the difference. Some of the Rutgers women's team wore huge fake eyelashes that looked like they bought them at Ho's R Us. They looked ridiculous trying to be divas instead of athletes.

Reactions: DewHawk
I think poster was being sarcastic. Anyway, Clark is an elite player and her passing skills are elite as well. She just has to make better decisions at times and other players have to be alert at all times as well. JMO
I really wasn't sarcastic about the complaint that Monica costs her assists. Shooting 67% from the field leads to a lot more assists than a normal player shooting 50%. Even if Monica has the nerve to miss an 'easy' shot every now and then. yeah, if every player never missed a shot, there would be a lot more assists in the game.

I really wasn't sarcastic about the complaint that Monica costs her assists. Shooting 67% from the field leads to a lot more assists than a normal player shooting 50%. Even if Monica has the nerve to miss an 'easy' shot every now and then. yeah, if every player never missed a shot, there would be a lot more assists in the game.
Sorry I was giving you the benefit of doubt. Clark has a lot of assists to other players as well. Have you watched many games?

Sorry I was giving you the benefit of doubt. Clark has a lot of assists to other players as well. Have you watched many games?

Mtown said 'Monica seems to blow a couple, or more, potential assists for Clark by missing shots that she normally makes. '
I said that she is shooting a nation-leading 67% from the field, so it could also be stated that Clark has more assists than normal because of great shooting from Monica. The argument has nothing to do with other players making/missing shots, just that it is ridiculous to say that Monica has a negative effect on Clark's assist numbers.
I watch them whenever they are on TV, and can't wait til next year when I can get back down to Carver to watch Clark and the rest of them play.

March 12 Update:

Caitlin had 20 points in Iowa's 87-72 win over Michigan State.

She averages 26.9 points per game (699 points in 26 games)

If Clark finishes with her current scoring average, it will be the THIRD-highest by a freshman in Division I women's history.

The top three now are:

* San Diego State's Tina Hutchinson at 29.9 in 1983-84
* Appalachian State's Valorie Whiteside at 27.1 in 1984-85
* Delaware's Elena Delle Donne at 26.7 in 2009-10 (ESPN Stats & Info)

National Scoring Leaders (thru March 12 Games):

1Anastasia HayesMiddle Tenn.27.0
2Caitlin ClarkIowa26.9
3Cierra HooksOhio25.9
4Naz HillmonMichigan25.1
5Dyaisha FairBuffalo24.1
6Kierstan BellFGCU24.0
7IImar'I ThomasCincinnati23.7
8Micaela KellyCentral Mich.23.7
9Ashley JoensIowa St.23.6
10Kionna JeterTowson23.0

Last edited:
Reactions: Torg
I am concerned about Iowa being a bit tired today given they will have played 4 games in 4 days. Also, MD is very good and hopefully it will not be a blow out.

Last edited:
I am concerned about Iowa not being a bit tired today given they will have played 4 games in 4 days. Also, MD is very good and hopefully it will not be a blow out.
Unfortunately, I think it is going to be a blowout with how good and deep Maryland is plus Clark looked exhausted after she shot those 2 3's at the end of yesterday's game.

It was easy to tell the difference. Some of the Rutgers women's team wore huge fake eyelashes that looked like they bought them at Ho's R Us. They looked ridiculous trying to be divas instead of athletes.
Maybe the first sentence was a bit off, but I see nothing wrong with the last sentence! Sort of like a men's player wearing a bow tie in my opinion.

March 13 Update:

Caitlin had 21 points in Iowa's 104-84 loss to #7 Maryland.

She averages 26.7 points per game (720 points in 27 games)

If Clark finishes with her current scoring average, it will be the THIRD-highest by a freshman in Division I women's history.

The top three now are:

and isn't the rest of the team 1 junior and 3 sophomores? The future looks good. And good recruits coming in the next 2 classes.
We really need a couple of 6'4" 200 lbers like Michigan seems to have...There point guard could play LB at a lot of schools.

Clark leads the nation in total points (720), points per game (26.7), total assists (195), and 3-pointers made (103).

She ranks second in assists per game (7.2) and 3-pointers per game (3.81).

She plays for a team that's a 5-seed.

She should be first team all-American.

NATION'S LEADING SCORERS

1Caitlin ClarkIowa26.7
2Anastasia HayesMiddle Tenn.26.5
3Cierra HooksOhio25.9
4Naz HillmonMichigan25.1
5Kierstan BellFGCU24.3
6Dyaisha FairBuffalo24.1
7Micaela KellyCentral Mich.23.9
8IImar'I ThomasCincinnati23.7
9Ashley JoensIowa St.23.6
10Kionna JeterTowson23.0

She sure should be and it's pathetic that it's a popularity contest. Don't care if UConn one more games.

March 21 Update:

Caitlin had 23 points in #5 Seed Iowa's 87-72 win over #12 Seed Central Michigan.

She averages 26.5 points per game (743 points in 28 games)

As you can see in what follows, she is close to having the THIRD-highest scoring average by a freshman in Division I women's history.

The top three now are:

She leads the country in so many stats yet somehow was “only” second team.
23a409bb733d7b68993adc19381fb4e6.gif
The only reasons I can think of is because she’s a freshman and she plays for Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT