ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark: Nation's BEST GUARD. USBWA 1st Team All American. WBCA&USBWA Nat'l Freshman of YR. 799 Pts is Iowa FR Record. 26.6 PPG is #1 in Nation

UConn is gonna blow us out all the way back to Iowa unfortunately. If we can't hang with Maryland no way in hell we hang with UConn. They are just on another than we are but will be interesting to see the Paige vs. Caitlin matchup. Seems like Paige might guard Caitlin as she's guarding Orange's PG?
thats one depressing thing about women's basketball; just seems to be a huge gap between the top 4 teams & everybody else

the game vs UConn should be interesting; do you think we can hang w/ them?

i think they put up a graphic showing UConn was the tournament favorite
I hate this match up. Geno and the Mc D bag man will be too close to her :p :p

The thing about this year's Maryland team is that its biggest strengths (3 point shooting, offensive rebounding, forcing opponents into turnovers) are some of Iowa's biggest weaknesses. Maryland might be the worst matchup in the country for this year's Iowa team, even though their defense isn't particularly great.

Outside of Bueckers, UConn doesn't shoot the three particularly well. If Iowa can force UConn into a lot of long jumpers and if Iowa can have a great shooting night, this game could stay relatively close. UConn is still the heavy favorite, but I think we'll do better than the Elite 8 team did against Baylor two years ago.

Talk about UConn bias

So Paige has more steals. Unfortunately, after watching the first three quarters of the UConn game last night, I think they/she will have a lot of chances for more steals against Iowa with the lazy passes we sometimes toss around. Other than that, UConn didn't impress me last night. (yeah, they won by 30). If Syracuse could shoot, that could have been a good game.

She should have been 1st team AA instead of Paige. That's what accolades do for athletes. She'll have her chance in the head-to-head match up in the Sweet 16 to prove herself. So far Caitlin has been the darling of the tourney.

She should have been 1st team AA instead of Paige. That's what accolades do for athletes. She'll have her chance in the head-to-head match up in the Sweet 16 to prove herself. So far Caitlin has been the darling of the tourney.
yeah, after watching Paige last night, shes good but she's no Caitlin

and how in the hell does Kentucky have a 1st Team All American on their squad????

Reactions: chuck285
yeah, after watching Paige last night, shes good but she's no Caitlin

and how in the hell does Kentucky have a 1st Team All American on their squad????

Not sure how Iowa is going to handle UConn's height.

I watched part of the Uconn game last night. If we play defense like we did yesterday we can give this game a chance. I do not know how they gave Freshman of the year to Paige. Sorry Caitlin is the better of the two . The numbers are not even close!!! And it isn't all because of Iowa having weaker players. I think Caitlin would do the same stuff on the U Conn team as she does now.

Chastity Patterson ran her mouth how she was going to defend Clark. That did not work out for her. Pattersons HS coach(who has taken teams tot he TX state tourney) sent me a note. She has high standards and says Clark is really good.
And she's not even close to maxing out. I think next year we might finally see the whole team in rhythm and start to anticipate the movement. A 20 and 10 Clark with 4-6 other players in double figures is even more dangerous than a 3O plus Clark

Nation's Leading Scorers

1Caitlin Clark
iowa.svg
Iowa
2Anastasia Hayes
middle-tenn.svg
Middle Tenn.
3Cierra Hooks
ohio.svg
Ohio
4Kierstan Bell
fgcu.svg
FGCU
5Naz Hillmon
michigan.svg
Michigan
6Dyaisha Fair
buffalo.svg
Buffalo
7Ashley Joens
iowa-st.svg
Iowa St.
8Micaela Kelly
central-mich.svg
Central Mich.
9IImar'I Thomas
cincinnati.svg
Cincinnati
10Kionna Jeter
towson.svg
Towson

Here are the top single-season and career scoring leaders for Iowa women's basketball... oops, that is before this season. I think this could be Clark's highest-scoring season with a better overall team, but who knows. On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised to see Clark top 3,000 career points, especially if she returns for her fifth Covid bonus season. Note that Tania Davis made it into the top-40 career points with 1,007 points, but it took four years. Clark will be there by midseason next year, and she could be a top-10 career scorer by the end of her sophomore year. I would be remiss to not mention Czinano and her 1,109 career points. If she chooses to come back for her fifth Covid bonus season, she could sneak into the 2000+ club.
69pTzbo.png
J1ogsNm.png

Here are the top single-season and career scoring leaders for Iowa women's basketball... oops, that is before this season. I think this could be Clark's highest-scoring season with a better overall team, but who knows. On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised to see Clark top 3,000 career points, especially if she returns for her fifth Covid bonus season. Note that Tania Davis made it into the top-40 career points with 1,007 points, but it took four years. Clark will be there by midseason next year, and she could be a top-10 career scorer by the end of her sophomore year. I would be remiss to not mention Czinano and her 1,109 career points. If she chooses to come back for her fifth Covid bonus season, she could sneak into the 2000+ club.
69pTzbo.png
J1ogsNm.png
Tania Davis had two season ending injuries, if I remember correctly. She basically played three seasons' worth of games.

Reactions: Trumpet21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT