ADVERTISEMENT

California ER Doctors Corona Virus Briefing is Jaw Dropping

No. That is not possible.

If it was yanked by anyone other than themselves, or their own lawyers, they'd have screamed bloody hell about it.

Instead, it's just quietly disappeared. There are two people who could want it to quietly disappear, and I'm gonna guess you know who they are.
Well, I have no doubt that is your opinion.

Their data was unscientific.

They had just anyone that wanted a corona test come to one of their clinics to be tested. It was compared by one doctor as if you wanted to know the average height of a man you would go to the NBA for testing.

Their clinics were hemorrhaging money so they had a financial stake at getting things opened back up. They were basically spreading “fake news.”

Their data was unscientific.

They had just anyone that wanted a corona test come to one of their clinics to be tested. It was compared by one doctor as if you wanted to know the average height of a man you would go to the NBA for testing.

Their clinics were hemorrhaging money so they had a financial stake at getting things opened back up. They were basically spreading “fake news.”
So was USC, Miami and Stanford "unscientific" also ?

Their results all matched up

Reactions: Sheahawk
Facebook, and Twitter, are actively deleting anything they deem to be misinformation.

I'm not sure how Trump gets away with it, but that's another topic..
As I understand it, they aren't fact checking politically based posts.

Why do they have to have their video removed? They just got a thumbs-down from a bunch of well-paid medical institutions. The American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) and the American Academy of Emergency Medicine... are they government-funded, by any chance?
In all likelihood you would have to ask those doctors why they removed it.

Reactions: Joes Place
ACEP was founded in 1968 by a group of physicians who shared a commitment to improving the quality of emergency care. The organization set out to educate and train physicians in emergency medicine to provide quality emergency care in the nation's hospitals. In 1979, emergency medicine was officially recognized as a medical specialty, a milestone for ACEP and its members. Board certification granting organizations soon followed, and in 1980 the first certification exam was given. In 2000, ACEP changed its governing documents to make active or full-voting membership available only to residency-trained and board-certified emergency physicians. The organization today counts approximately 31,000 of the country's approximately 63,000 practicing emergency physicians, emergency medicine residents and medical students as members.

Why do they have to have their video removed? They just got a thumbs-down from a bunch of well-paid medical institutions. The American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) and the American Academy of Emergency Medicine... are they government-funded, by any chance?

No; those are professional societies/organizations that physicians of various professions/specialties belong to.

Dozens of different ones. SAGES, SIR, AUA, RSNA, etc etc etc.
They are non-profit societies that conduct meetings, lobby on behalf of their constituents, etc.

Damn, man.....anything you disagree with HAS TO BE evil government, don't it?

Reactions: BioHawk
Google/YouTube censored the California Doctors video because their assertion countered the narrative.

They said the mortality rate of corona virus is similar to the flu and there is no reason to continue a lockdown.

This is apparently forbidden in a free society ?

So are they going to censor any mention of the Univ Miami study that says the exact same thing ?

No; those are professional societies/organizations that physicians of various professions/specialties belong to.

Dozens of different ones. SAGES, SIR, AUA, RSNA, etc etc etc.
They are non-profit societies that conduct meetings, lobby on behalf of their constituents, etc.

Damn, man.....anything you disagree with HAS TO BE evil government, don't it?
It doesn't HAVE to be, but I like to find out. Thank you!

You take the official government word for anything. As much as you post here, it makes me wonder.

In all likelihood you would have to ask those doctors why they removed it.
Oh, that would be ideal. No doubt about it. I just find it interesting and I do not like censorship.

No one has to act on their advice, or their comments. It's a choice.

A: Yes, they are
B: Indications are there are other health problems triggered by the virus in young adults, including a possible 7-fold increase in stroke risks
C: Many that are not "dying" are dealing with potential long-term health issues from it

The simple fact we have indications it COULD BE 10x-20x more lethal than flu AND we're seeing other health issues associated with it, is a solid indicator we should not be making rash decisions about letting everyone be exposed to this. You don't get "do-overs" here.

How many active military have died, Karl? Do you have a graph to answer a simple question?

haw-key also:

• Stated 'we were ready' for this
And the simple fact hospitals are re-using PPE and asking for sew-a-thons for reusable masks they can use clearly indicates we were NOT ready
  • Stated "We will not get to 10,000 deaths"
We are nearly 60,000 by the end of April
  • Stated "We will not be Italy" and "Our deaths will not parallel or overtake Italy"
We now have 5x more cases and 2x more deaths than Italy, and account for fully 1/3rd of the world's documented cases and over 1/4th of the deaths, despite being 1/25th the world's overall population. In case 'the math' ain't your strong-suit, we're running 8x the world's case numbers and 6x the world's average death totals relative to our population fraction.
So, 'scuse me if I disregard anything that 'walking bag of disinformation and incorrect speculation' tries to claim as 'valid'.

Yes, Karl. You clearly are more qualified (with your imaginary PhD) to rebut the opinions of MDs. You are the best free entertainment on the internet.

It's about the POTENTIAL of being sued.....Who's the last person you knew who looked forward to "lawyering up" for any type of settlement. Most persons/businesses I know look for ways to avoid being sued.

So we are going to establish a precedent wherein people can sue healthcare providers for getting sick after going to their facility? That would definitely improve the level of care given.

Reactions: royhobbs2
Unless the government word comes from someone with R next to his name. He gets paid by the other group.
Well... I don't know that for sure. I'm messing with him a little bit. I just don't put a great deal of faith or trust in the government. The individuals IN the government mean well, I hope. But, the institutions of government aren't always helpful to us.

Reactions: Finance85
What mortality rate would 'impress' you? The recent reports seem to suggest that we have significantly underestimated the total number of deaths attributable to the virus. The original article is behind a paywall (Washington Post) but it showed that from 3/1 to 4/4 the US had an excess of 15,400 deaths from their usual over that time period and only had 8128 COVID deaths recorded in that time. I linked an article that refers to it below. The same trend is being seen all over the world and has been shown in previously linked articles.

Also, it is important to remember that the IHME models are based on continued social distancing and they don't take into account any secondary waves.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthca...tal-death-rate-spiked-above-coronavirus-death

Ok fair question.
Impressed? 1 million.
Interested? 500k
Bored, tired and want to get out of my house along with every other normal American.....50k.

Ok fair question.
Impressed? 1 million.
Interested? 500k
Bored, tired and want to get out of my house along with every other normal American.....50k.
My guess is it would take 1 specific person to get your interest. Some of us are interested in more than ourselves though.

My guess is it would take 1 specific person to get your interest. Some of us are interested in more than ourselves though.

Well of course that is true. But I could lose a family member to any number of reasons. Death is still part of life. There have been no advances in that area sadly. Unless you are of the opinion that SIP solves that now. Because if so that would be a breakthrough.

Just like people fretting over nursing home COVID deaths. And there have been many. Do you know the average length of stay in a nursing home before death? 13 months. People go to nursing homes for comfort and care the last months to years of life. Fact is, as uncomfortable as it is, people go there to die. And it is why no adult ever really wants to go to one. They know the trajectory once you get there. Not because you are there, because you needed to be.

Reactions: Chuck C
Well of course that is true. But I could lose a family member to any number of reasons. Death is still part of life. There have been no advances in that area sadly. Unless you are of the opinion that SIP solves that now. Because if so that would be a breakthrough.

Just like people fretting over nursing home COVID deaths. And there have been many. Do you know the average length of stay in a nursing home before death? 13 months. People go to nursing homes for comfort and care the last months to years of life. Fact is, as uncomfortable as it is, people go there to die. And it is why no adult ever really wants to go to one. They know the trajectory once you get there. Not because you are there, because you needed to be.
There are a lot of people outside of nursing home residents who are having bad outcomes with this disease. I know if someone I cared about got it I would be very, very concerned for them.

It's very cavalier of you to minimize the impact on thousands of lives.

There have been reports across our
nation that deaths in Nursing Homes
automatically get credited to the
coronavirus. The rationale goes if
a person was dying of heart trouble,
then the virus pushed them to death.

If they had the virus, that’s likely the correct answer.

the mortality rate is the key figure not some anecdote one day event

and the mortality rate is proving to be the same as the flu

But we have a vaccine for the flu, so even if the mortality rates are the same (we’ll see, results seem to be all over the place), COVID-19 would have multiples of the total dead, because we don’t have huge chunks of the population vaccinated.

re-watch the ER Doctors comments, read the results of the Stanford, USC, Miami studies

yes it is

again the flu in 2018 killed 60-80,000 people and the country was not shut down

COVID-19 is pushing 60k dead in the US right now in less than a quarter WHILE we’re locked down.

Reactions: Joes Place
But we have a vaccine for the flu, so even if the mortality rates are the same (we’ll see, results seem to be all over the place), COVID-19 would have multiples of the total dead, because we don’t have huge chunks of the population vaccinated.
that doesn't even make sense

Your post implies if the flu wasn't reduced by the vaccine, it would be far more lethal than covid.

From the internets....

A review of Dr. Erickson’s COVID video:

According to Dr. Erickson, his Urgent Care organization has done 5213 COVID-19 tests of which 340 (6.5%) were positive. They further say that 12% of all California COVID-19 tests have been positive. And here is where they make their FATAL FLAW in their methodology. They extrapolate that finding (12% of those tested were positive) and conclude that 12% of the California population is positive. This is a flawed assumption and doesn’t even make common sense. The problem here is known as SAMPLING BIAS in Epidemiology. The patients who were tested are NOT a represented sample of the general population. They had symptoms which prompted testing. Their findings cannot be generalized to the general population. It’s the equivalent of trying to estimate the average weight of Americans by measuring the weight of individuals visiting a weight loss clinic. Based on this flawed assumption they conclude that 4.7 million Californians have had COVID-19 and use that figure in the denominator of their fatality rate. They incorrectly figure the case fatality rate as 1400/4.7M or 0.03%. This false claim, of a minuscule fatality rate is why they are getting attention.

He clearly does not understand the problem with sampling bias as he goes on in his video to try to estimate the population prevalence from the proportion of positive tests in New York State, the USA, Spain, Sweden, & Norway. During his intro, he correctly points out that as a physician we take classes in microbiology, molecular biology and immunology. Medical training also includes basic epidemiologic principles, among which this is about as basic as it comes.

To give you an idea of how implausible a fatality rate of 0.03% is, let’s look at New York City. NYC has a population of 8.4M and has experienced 12,500 deaths. If you make the (incorrect) assumption that everyone in the city has had COVID you get a fatality rate of 0.14%...nearly 5 times the fatality rate of Dr. Erickson’s California calculation. Now, since we assumed that EVERYONE in the city was positive, this give us a floor rate. The rate cannot be any less than 0.14%. Of note, the case fatality rate of Influenza is about 0.1%. So, the absolute floor case fatality rate of coronavirus is greater than influenza.

As I have stated in recent posts, I do not know if it is safe to open things up or safer to keep things locked down. While there is evidence to support each argument, I lean toward the latter. However, Dr. Erickson’s evidence is complete FICTION. He is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. You can’t just make stuff up.

His video keeps being removed from YouTube for violating its terms of service. Now, I have mixed feelings about this. I feel that YouTube as a non-government business has the right to make decisions on what they host; removal of content does not constitute a violation of constitutional rights, as I understand it. That being said, I don’t favor removing opinions from the public discourse. Its less clear to me what to do with demonstratable false claims which may have a significant public health impact. Although I may not completely agree with its removal, YouTube is trying to remove FALSE information, not UNPOPULAR opinions.

Side note, they repeatedly point out that they feel they are in a better position to know what is really going on because they are seeing patients, unlike those epidemiologists in an Ivory Tower who have not seen patients in decades. I am a Pulmonary & Critical Care Physician and Epidemiologist. I am writing this at the end of my shift, seeing patients, in a COVID ICU.

that doesn't even make sense

Your post implies if the flu wasn't reduced by the vaccine, it would be far more lethal than covid.

No, I'm saying that the vaccine mitigates flu deaths. This allows us to take precautions and get to an acceptable level of risk for society. With COVID-19, we’ve been sheltering in place for 6-8 weeks and we’re still approaching annual flu death counts in less than 3 months.

Whats the fatal flaw in the Univ Miami study that finds the same mortality level as the California Doctors do ? or USC ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT