ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone point me to empirical evidence that the earth is a spinning ball hurdling through space

Is there a flaw in his calculations or reasoning?

If you find one mark which video and the time stamp so we can discuss it further.

The flaw is in his understanding of science. He's worried about the heat of the thermosphere? Holy shit that's dumb as hell.

It's an incomplete thought, he continues to develop it dummy.

Then list his "thoughts" in the logic as you understand it.
Physics 101 already explains 'thrust' as 'conservation of momentum'. If this guys 'thoughts' aren't consistent with that law, then they are total BS.

It makes me smile when Joe claims victory without looking at the contradicting evidence shows how much of a fake scientist he is. He probably won't watch this video either. Even though he is using the scientific method to draw his conclusions.

lol these are great. Keep them coming. I jumped straight to his balloon experiment. By taping a full sheet of paper to the back of the balloon like that, not only has he greatly increased its mass (remember, F=ma), he also essentially puts a huge parachute at the back of his balloon rocket which he precedes to shoot a bunch of air into. No wonder it doesn't go anywhere. Dude needs to learn not only the Laws of Motion, but the forces of flight.

Last edited:
lol these are great. Keep them coming. I jumped straight to his balloon experiment. By taping a full sheet of paper to the back of the balloon like that, not only has he greatly increased its mass (remember, F=ma), he also essentially puts a huge parachute at the back of his balloon rocket which he precedes to shoot a bunch of air into. No wonder it doesn't go anywhere. Dude needs to learn not only the Laws of Motion, but the forces of flight.

Dear god...how does this guy function on a daily basis? I'm sure this is a waste of time for you BB...but here you go:

And, yes, the rocket fuel will burn in a vacuum because it contains it's own oxidizer. Basic chemistry.

Reactions: ferentzin04
Dear god...how does this guy function on a daily basis? I'm sure this is a waste of time for you BB...but here you go:

And, yes, the rocket fuel will burn in a vacuum because it contains it's own oxidizer. Basic chemistry.

Science is reproducible, find me another video reproducing these results.

And LOL at a subpar teacher talking down about a certified engineer.

Didn't watch it, but if the 'paper parachute' deflects the air sideways, instead of behind the balloon, it will eliminate the thrust entirely. If the thrust is deflected equally sideways, the thing won't go anywhere.

Science is reproducible, find me another video reproducing these results.

And LOL at a subpar teacher talking down about a certified engineer.

Awwwww...going for the ad hominem (look it up) since you've been proven wrong? Pretty sad, BB. I was expecting a cool YouTube response to Mythbusters. If you want reproducible...just play the video 10 or 20 times.

As for your "certified engineer"...this idiot thinks you would feel the heat of the thermosphere. That's so f'n stupid it defies explanation. Maybe he's a "sanitation engineer".

And I'll bet you don't even know WHY it's so dumb. No googling allowed. :)

Reactions: BelemNole
Didn't watch it, but if the 'paper parachute' deflects the air sideways, instead of behind the balloon, it will eliminate the thrust entirely. If the thrust is deflected equally sideways, the thing won't go anywhere.

The air is pushing on the paper. The paper is therefore pulling backward on the balloon with a force EQUAL TO the force of the air leaving the balloon. Conservation of momentum REQUIRES that the balloon not move. His claim that it proves his point might be the dumbest interpretation of an experiment I've ever seen.

You know why people with a brain know that science as it's practiced these day, the impossible engine that NASA has been working on that defies physics as we know it has passed peer review. How many times has an experiment been run or reproduced to prove this? The whole profession is nothing but a joke these days.

How many times has an experiment been run or reproduced to prove this?

You want reproduced experiments? The Space Shuttle was launched over 130 times between 1981 and 2011. I've seen it happen personally. I'm just ball parking here, but I feel comfortable saying thousands of rockets, which includes both private and government owned have been launched over the last century. If that's not reproducing results then I don't know what is.

Having said that, keep your faux conspiracy beliefs to yourself and keep those crazy videos coming!

Reactions: Joes Place
I don't believe you actually watched the video. How fake scientistic of you.

I already said I didn't. In the first minute he made assertions so ludicrous that - absent the need for a good laugh - watching the rest would have been intellectually painful. Have you figured out yet why his claims on the thermosphere are so f'n dumb?

I already said I didn't. In the first minute he made assertions so ludicrous that - absent the need for a good laugh - watching the rest would have been intellectually painful. Have you figured out yet why his claims on the thermosphere are so f'n dumb?

I know exactly why you think his claims were dumb, but you don't have any idea what he was talking about because you didn't listen to the whole thing.

How many videos do they have of the space shuttle leaving the atmosphere and entering 'space'? They can't set up a camera facing forward to capture this, not one time?

I know exactly why you think his claims were dumb, but you don't have any idea what he was talking about because you didn't listen to the whole thing.

LOL...he thinks the heat of the thermosphere represents an issue for space travel. WHY is that dumb - and I mean over the top dumb? Explain.

LOL...he thinks the heat of the thermosphere represents an issue for space travel. WHY is that dumb - and I mean over the top dumb? Explain.

It wasn't about the heat of the thermosphere, it was about the problems you have COOLING things in the thermosphere. Where does all that built up heat go genius? How do you transfer the heat built up in the ISS/space shuttle into the surrounding atmosphere if the gases are so thin? What law of thermodynamics allows for you to dissipate heat in a vacuum. I'll await your answer.

How come when trying to experimentally prove big G is actually a constant, the results are inconsistent? It's kind of important to have the actual gravitational constant if you are going to use it to calculate anything accurately, right?

Official Score:

OP hasn't said anything correct.

OP wins thread by a landslide.

OP is 2nd best troll in America.

It wasn't about the heat of the thermosphere, it was about the problems you have COOLING things in the thermosphere. Where does all that built up heat go genius? How do you transfer the heat built up in the ISS/space shuttle into the surrounding atmosphere if the gases are so thin? What law of thermodynamics allows for you to dissipate heat in a vacuum. I'll await your answer.

Rolling on the floor laughing. It radiates. You think you need an atmosphere for radiation? How the hell do you think the energy to HEAT the thermosphere gets here? I'm seriously baffled that your "engineer" could be so dumb? That's dumber than anything YOU'VE posted. I'm almost surprised that you seem to think he knows what he's talking about.

Rolling on the floor laughing. It radiates. You think you need an atmosphere for radiation? How the hell do you think the energy to HEAT the thermosphere gets here? I'm seriously baffled that your "engineer" could be so dumb? That's dumber than anything YOU'VE posted. I'm almost surprised that you seem to think he knows what he's talking about.

Radiates to what exactly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT