ADVERTISEMENT

Carter Pearson

Talented kid, great kid. Has been the favorite at his weight the last two yrs but hasn't gotten it done. Hopefully this is his year.

Had a great tourney and is now the Champ. Cornell and a couple other Ivy's are talking to him. I'd take him over Dru any day of the week.
While everyone has an opinion, and I respect yours regarding Pearson - absolute bad a$$. The tone suggests some sort of hate on Dru. And don't argue that wasn't the tone. Give me ONE reason you wouldn't want a guy like Dru Ayala on any wrestling roster.

While everyone has an opinion, and I respect yours regarding Pearson - absolute bad a$$. The tone suggests some sort of hate on Dru. And don't argue that wasn't the tone. Give me ONE reason you wouldn't want a guy like Dru Ayala on any wrestling roster.
I think he was just suggesting he’s a better wrestler?

Obviously we have people who personally know Dru and Carter. Have heard only good things about both kids.

Reactions: TarpHawk
This is comparing apples and turnips. Ayala is effectively a walk on. This kid is not that.
Thank you... most likely spot on. Which is why I wonder why Dru's name was even mentioned. He's a Hawk! Just say, "I like Pearson." No one can argue that.

Reactions: Hawkgma
I mean they aren’t even in the same class. Such an awful take.
LOL. I guess my frustration is that it seemed like the post was not only meant to compliment Pearson, but somehow throw some shade at Dru Ayala. Iowa already has Dru Ayala... so why do that? Scholarship guy, walk on, water boy, whatever... what good does that do?

Reactions: moug and TNTwrestle
I couldn’t agree more, my bad. I shouldn’t be bagging on a kid that hasn’t even stepped in our room yet.

LOL. I guess my frustration is that it seemed like the post was not only meant to compliment Pearson, but somehow throw some shade at Dru Ayala. Iowa already has Dru Ayala... so why do that? Scholarship guy, walk on, water boy, whatever... what good does that do?
I was out of line. I deleted my idiotic line about a kid I’ve never met.

I was out of line. I deleted my idiotic line about a kid I’ve never met.
Mixed Martial Arts Sport GIF by UFC

I had the debate over Ivy vs others when Jesse Jantzen was heading to Harvard. I am NOT sold on the IVY league is the way to go? I guess it really depends on what your goals are? Jantzen won one and the OW. That is pretty darn good!!!

Had he come to IOWA, what might he have done? Could he have been a 2-3 timer? How about an Olympic Champion? guess we will never know? then the question becomes, what % of ALL ivy league grads do extremely well making the choice worth it?

There are no "rides" allowed and many have to take out substantial loans. Have NO idea what this kid, or jantzen's situation was/is??? Now it even appears to me like an even easier decision since IVY schools have really gone to HELL!!!

Also with NIL money opportunities if I was at the very TOP of the rankings. I know which way I would choose!

I had the debate over Ivy vs others when Jesse Jantzen was heading to Harvard. I am NOT sold on the IVY league is the way to go? I guess it really depends on what your goals are? Jantzen won one and the OW. That is pretty darn good!!!

Had he come to IOWA, what might he have done? Could he have been a 2-3 timer? How about an Olympic Champion? guess we will never know? then the question becomes, what % of ALL ivy league grads do extremely well making the choice worth it?

There are no "rides" allowed and many have to take out substantial loans. Have NO idea what this kid, or jantzen's situation was/is??? Now it even appears to me like an even easier decision since IVY schools have really gone to HELL!!!

Also with NIL money opportunities if I was at the very TOP of the rankings. I know which way I would choose!
It’s not just the education itself, but the networking and companies that recruit at these schools. There are huge long term economic advantages to completing an Ivy League degree.

Personally If I had a kid that was able to use wrestling as a tool to get an Ivy League degree, it would be a no brainer to try and steer them in that direction. Sounds like CP is making an excellent choice

Reactions: BGon4ND and sabula

The ivy’s have lots of need scholies especially if you are an athlete.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT