ADVERTISEMENT

Chittum to ISU

Makes no difference. Chittum comes off as "high maintenance".
It is amazing how many of these kids are high maintenance. On the other hand most of them are little to no maintenance. The bigger the ego the bigger the problems.
Thanks to the portal, young kids can do whatever they want and we just have to wait a little longer for life to teach them the lessons they need to learn.

I coached both my kids thru kids club, junior high, and high school. When it was time for someone else to coach them, I knew enough to step aside and let them do their thing. Apparently, not all parents are like that.

My youngest son's college coach does some thing the I would like to discuss with him, as I disagree with certain training beliefs, but my son is 20 and can speak for himself. I stay out of it.
I did the same as you and agree completely.

Both my boys started at OU, and transferred out after 3 semesters as the training style did not fit them. It was their decision.

The loser in this is Cody, and it's a damn shame.

This

Dad wants control. I wouldn't put up with it and neither should Tom.

It's too bad and I feel sorry for the kid, the above is no way to become an adult.
And well done vetting this out at the right time. (Sarcasm) Sour grapes to complain about this all now when the warts were showing all along when we signed and groomed him, similar to the Farrari family.

This

Dad wants control. I wouldn't put up with it and neither should Tom.

It's too bad and I feel sorry for the kid, the above is no way to become an adult.
This also isn’t unheard of. We granted Spencer and Larry Lee much control and admittedly implemented separate ‘rules’ for Spencer. Considering his injuries it is understandable, but also impactful to teammates marching to different expectations. Nate Carr, Derek Fix had these expectations as well. Why is the program caught off guard with this victim mentality now?!?! Weak excuse for us now.

Tom dug himself such a big hole by not recruiting/developing properly that he's trying to find a shortcut back to contention bringing in the most toxic family in wrestling.

Imagine if he returned Rocco Welsh's phone calls. We'd have our future 184, no need for Angelo, and no need to take on the cancer.

The Ferrari's are a net negative. Nobody wants to be around those idiots. They are legitimately dangerous people.
Not return phone calls from Rocco Welsh? Really? What was the kids ranking?

This also isn’t unheard of. We granted Spencer and Larry Lee much control and admittedly implemented separate ‘rules’ for Spencer. Considering his injuries it is understandable, but also impactful to teammates marching to different expectations. Nate Carr, Derek Fix had these expectations as well. Why is the program caught off guard with this victim mentality now?!?! Weak excuse for us now.
This. The psycho, overbearing wrestling parent isn’t exactly a new phenomenon lol. As I already mentioned, managing the egos is a big part of the job at this level.

I did the same as you and agree completely.

Both my boys started at OU, and transferred out after 3 semesters as the training style did not fit them. It was their decision.

Which sport did your kids play?

How is Chittum the loser? He made a choice to not wrestle for a program that is recruiting the Ferrari's - a choice that is obviously well informed given that he's spent time in the same program with them before. I'd call that assessing the situation and making a decision to train in an environment you are comfortable in.

Last edited:
We have the most vocal and the most fanatic fan base in college wrestling AINEC.

The passion is unmatched.

That's why most others hate us.

The disappointment now is evident, but better days are ahead.
Please tell me the evidence of this.

Because we’re not even a runner up team for the next 3 years with current roster/prospects.

Please tell me the evidence of this.

Because we’re not even a runner up team for the next 3 years with current roster/prospects.
Patently false. If you keep your argument about how far they are behind PSU, you have strong footing. But, “not even a runner up team for the next 3 years” ignores the legit talent that is still at Iowa and the fact none of the other schools are sitting with ANYTHING clearly better…

Taking ferrari in and chasing off chittum is a bad bad look for the hawks. Coming off of lee sitting ncaas after the semis as well makes for a really bad look to recruits. Iowa seems ready to whip out the check book to try and draw kids in with the NIL but if they go down that road I think we're looking at more ferraris and suriano type kids filling the line up while cael is landing 5 top 10 p4p kids for scholarship and camp money.

Reactions: TtotheL
Patently false. If you keep your argument about how far they are behind PSU, you have strong footing. But, “not even a runner up team for the next 3 years” ignores the legit talent that is still at Iowa and the fact none of the other schools are sitting with ANYTHING clearly better…

Michigan. And they actually win transfer battles.

We’re a worse team next year, but have Arnold, block and kueter coming off RS. But that’s it. We lose Cass and Real.

Im also including Ayala. Even if he doesn’t leave - he’s always hurt. Not a recipe for high AA finishes.

Make ZERO mistake…. IF the Ferraris suddenly decided ISU was the program for them, Dresser would sell his soul to get them there. The thought that this is some “strategic” move by Dresser is laughable. Dresser “recruited” the Ferraris harder than anyone, but never mind that… Old man is an unbelievable scumbag and it will be fun to watch the Chittums burn that clown as well.

Last edited:
Michigan. And they actually win transfer battles.

We’re a worse team next year, but have Arnold, block and kueter coming off RS. But that’s it. We lose Cass and Real.

Im also including Ayala. Even if he doesn’t leave - he’s always hurt. Not a recipe for high AA finishes.
Lol. Michigan is getting too much credit for refilling 40% of their team with transfers and 3 of them are 1 year stop gaps. Even then DeAugustino and Cannon are fringe AA’s at best. I like Griffith, but I am not sold he is better than a healthy Brands. Davison is still behind Cass and Keuter is far ahead of Jenkins after. They have big holes at 149 and 197 and 184 is an unknown.

Go through that MI lineup again without the angst you now have for Iowa. Swallowing your angry bias, I think even you will have a hard time saying they are ahead of Iowa…

In my mind this is a Cody Chittum problem, not an Iowa problem, especially after his comments about ISU turning him into the wrestler he wants to be.

That's like dreaming of playing MLB baseball in the northeast and willingly picking Baltimore over the Yankees. ISU is no where close to competing in March and he'll learn that soon enough.

His nomadic vegabond lifestyle speaks volumes and topping that with his over evaluation of ISU tells me him and his old man are 100% f*cked in the head.

And don't tell me the Ferrari's played a major roll in this. This story has been circling in the news for damn near 3 months. I'm sure Chittum was fully aware of the possibility before it ever spewed into the cesspool... This was likely a money grab OR he wants to be "The Guy" and didn't want to fight for it.

I'm guessing it's a bit of both. Either way I'm now looking forward to seeing him getting his ass kicked when he visits dressed in those hideous colors.
In truth, it's karma for all the ped state posts here.

After losing Spencer Lee, can Iowa stay ahead of Arizona State and Missouri as well?

What the heck is our lineup going to even look like now?
This is why I was saying in another thread the 2nd through 8th place teams were very close and 2-5,6 will be very competitive. Lots of moving parts.

Reactions: Bucky712
Yeah, the national champ from Iowa, who was riddled with injuries. Sound familiar?

It's amazing the hate that st john gets today. I wasn't the biggest fan of the way he wrestled in general but for people to claim his final/injured year was representative of what he brought to Iowa city then there's really nothing else to be discussed.

Everyone here is caught off guard. The program is hardly caught off guard

How is Chittum the loser? He made a choice to not wrestle for a program that is recruiting the Ferrari's - a choice that is obviously well informed given that he's spent time in the same program with them before. I'd call that assessing the situation and making a decision to train in an environment you are comfortable in.
You'd be correct if the decision was the wrestlers and not the Dad

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT