ADVERTISEMENT

Chittum to ISU

Astrology can be interesting, but I would not make any life plans based on it. Sage - I have no idea. Crystals seem silly to me also. Essential oils have worked wonders for me and other people in my life, so I dig them.

Don't be afraid to open yourself up to the possibility that you don't know everything. Oh yeah - karma is real!!
Tried essential oils, they can smell nice, I saw nothing other than , well it smelled ok. I used to read my daily horoscope in the local newspaper and vague was about as good as it got until one day it said I was bordering on greatness.

Yeah, it's silly.

Reactions: el dub
Yes and no. I don't believe in luck. People would be amazed at what the earth can provide. If you understood the effects of what color, conductivity, and magnetic properties, just to start, can have on the mind and body you may take it a little more seriously. And if you think I'm off base, there are people who actually believe what they read on this board is always the truth. They are the crazy ones.
Breathing, stretching, working out all have positive effects too with discernible results. And by breathing I don't mean what we all do, I mean controlled breathing.

Micro dosing of certain psychedelics might have positive effects also from reports I have read along with anecdotal accounts. But for me I have found that just a walk in the woods can work wonders, the type of walk where you really pay attention to what's around you. I don't need to fancy that up.

Do pink Himalayan salt lamps work?

What about properly a obtained rabbit's foot... I'm talking full hoodoo verified left hind foot harvested off a live rabbit caught and removed in a cemetery on a rainy Friday new or full moon by a cross-eyed man?

Admittedly, I may be underestimating both.
In my area of Pa. there's a thing old timers call Pow Wow. It's a thing from the old country, primarily Germany and I think some still practice it.

You can get this on Amazon. There's an author from the York, Gettysburg, Pa/Md border who mentioned this practice in some of his books. His name is Brian Keene and his stuff is pretty good if you're into horror. Here's one that was decent:

In NO WAY do I feel what he said is bad about the son. I have dealt with plenty of controlling and overbearing fathers. Hell, I have one of those myself. IF, and I do clearly say IF, what Bob says has some truth to it, I see nothing wrong with what he has said so far.

Now, if there is no truth to it...
Well, that’s family business of an athlete that’s he’s exposing as an insider with the program.

Tried essential oils, they can smell nice, I saw nothing other than , well it smelled ok. I used to read my daily horoscope in the local newspaper and vague was about as good as it got until one day it said I was bordering on greatness.

Yeah, it's silly.
If you walk in the woods where there are ticks - mushroom hunters use lemongrass oil to keep the ticks away. Lavender oil for anxiety. Peppermint oil for migraines - rub by your temples but keep away from your eyes. Plenty of uses.

If you walk in the woods where there are ticks - mushroom hunters use lemongrass oil to keep the ticks away. Lavender oil for anxiety. Peppermint oil for migraines - rub by your temples but keep away from your eyes. Plenty of uses.
I use spray for ticks lol. As for all the other uses, I don't get headaches, anxiety can be handled by both breathing and moving. Oils did nothing for me and I have tried them for a few things. If you think it works, good for you. But it's not like I haven't tried certain things.

I think people often over estimate the help from certain things and we are getting more of a placebo effect from these various methods. I've tried hypnosis for example, I'm not very prone to achieving a deeper state. I can get to a mild place on my own just with some breathing and focus. I've had better results with visualization and controlled breathing than a professional hypnotist.

But for me I have found that just a walk in the woods can work wonders, the type of walk where you really pay attention to what's around you. I don't need to fancy that up.

Was out in the woods hunting morels & sheds this weekend and was thinking how much better place the world would be if everybody did that for a couple hours a week

I’m not sure… Smalls is dialed into athletes/recruits, imo. He also walks a fine line with keeping programs accessible. So, for him to make a public statement with identity known, to another known BIG TIME IOWA DONOR…. It gets my attention.
There's a difference between disagreeing and calling someone a scumbag. Really not cool.

There may be multiple points of failure here and blame to go around. I don't think we have a clear picture yet. So far it looks like a testosterone fight. Which is also what the board looks like.

The amount of stuff you make up, and have others believe is hilarious. Keep at it, gives us who actually know some stuff a good laugh.
You’re in the wrong camp…. There’s 2 sides to every story…. Glad you’re entertained. Keep laughing.

Reactions: UndercoverHawk
There's a difference between disagreeing and calling someone a scumbag. Really not cool.

There may be multiple points of failure here and blame to go around. I don't think we have a clear picture yet. So far it looks like a testosterone fight. Which is also what the board looks like.
Is that the origin of getting teste?

I use spray for ticks lol. As for all the other uses, I don't get headaches, anxiety can be handled by both breathing and moving. Oils did nothing for me and I have tried them for a few things. If you think it works, good for you. But it's not like I haven't tried certain things.

I think people often over estimate the help from certain things and we are getting more of a placebo effect from these various methods. I've tried hypnosis for example, I'm not very prone to achieving a deeper state. I can get to a mild place on my own just with some breathing and focus. I've had better results with visualization and controlled breathing than a professional hypnotist.
More natural remedies (eh el dub?) are better than supporting Big Pharma.

I'm with you, much of what we call the new age stuff are either home remedies that might have utility or just a way to focus yourself, nothing mystical.
So you’re saying all of the remedies used by native Americans and ancient healers is just mystical BS?

This guy should not be allowed to stay on this forum after saying such petty personal insults to such a great Iowa program supporter.

I'm getting ready to just leave this forum if this type of stuff is going to continue here.
michael-scott-may-god-guide-you.gif

So you’re saying all of the remedies used by native Americans and ancient healers is just mystical BS?
There's so much wrong with this , aside from the logical fallacies. Yes they are bullshit compared to modern medicine. And I'm very well versed in alternative health care.

They did the best they could with what they had, but tell me, what essential oil do we use for colon rectal cancer? Which herb will help help with RA?

I take care of myself and almost never need modern medicine . I think it's a joke how people are so dependent on prescription meds. When I had a spike in blood pressure after a knee injury I handled on my own.

Why was my BP up? After tearing my left medial meniscus I couldn't workout or walk for any length of time. So after I rehabbed it on my own I went to the doc for an x ray. He was concerned with my BP but I told him I couldn't handle with exercise due to my injury .

Two weeks later in was at normal levels with mainly walking 10,000 steps a day which I was not doing . I'd rather not sub a drug for a drug, and if you think natural means good, go eat some tomato leaves ( pro tip , don't do that). These herbal remedies are drugs and can have serious side effects if you don't know what you're doing.

Reactions: evashevsky58
There's so much wrong with this , aside from the logical fallacies. Yes they are bullshit compared to modern medicine. And I'm very well versed in alternative health care.

They did the best they could with what they had, but tell me, what essential oil do we use for colon rectal cancer? Which herb will help help with RA?

I take care of myself and almost never need modern medicine . I think it's a joke how people are so dependent on prescription meds. When I had a spike in blood pressure after a knee injury I handled on my own.

Why was my BP up? After tearing my left medial meniscus I couldn't workout or walk for any length of time. So after I rehabbed it on my own I went to the doc for an x ray. He was concerned with my BP but I told him I couldn't handle with exercise due to my injury .

Two weeks later in was at normal levels with mainly walking 10,000 steps a day which I was not doing . I'd rather not sub a drug for a drug, and if you think natural means good, go eat some tomato leaves ( pro tip , don't do that). These herbal remedies are drugs and can have serious side effects if you don't know what you're doing.
Maybe take a little better care of yourself before it’s a problem. Modern Americans are unhealthy, eat processed crap, gorge themselves on garbage that has no nutritional value, and then expect synthetic drugs to work miracles.

Last edited:
Reactions: PD4thespawn

And lighten up, I never said it was the answer for everything.

Totally uncalled for and over the top.
Was chittum being financially supported by HWC the last 9 months, or just getting to use our coaching and facilities for free?? Also, since he was a 2022 class member originally, could he have signed his letter of intent last year before he grey shirted? If so, and he didn’t, it showed he wasn’t that serious about wrestling for our college team. That lack of commitment and his track record for flipping should have almost guaranteed this would happen. Now he can actually sign with ISU and be able to leave them through the portal with no penalty. If he has the great success we were hoping he would have, I would not be surprised if he enters the portal to go to PSU when Haines bumps up in weight. That would be the ultimate way to stick it in our arse😤

And lighten up, I never said it was the answer for everything.
Really? I'm probably a lot more well versed in this stuff than you realize. You're the one that brought up native Americans and natural remedies. Well all that stuff didn't save as many people as antibiotics .

Those were the days when a ruptured appendix would kill toy. When an infected tooth could've been a death sentence . When my ruptured patellar tendon would've been a crippling injury .

I understand this stuff and see as much stupidity and hucksterism as abuses in modern medicine . Like the time some idiot hippy lectured me about aspartame just after I saw him smoke a cigarette. 🙄

I'll be sixty this year and I'm doing just fine without any prescription drugs and very minimal medical care. Maybe a checkup once a year.

The problem isn't big pharma ( I just love catch phrases like that , it usually means I'm dealing with a conspiracy whack or sn idiot ) or modern medicine . It's people not taking care of themselves .

It's eating garbage , smoking, and being too fat while not exercising.

Was chittum being financially supported by HWC the last 9 months, or just getting to use our coaching and facilities for free?? Also, since he was a 2022 class member originally, could he have signed his letter of intent last year before he grey shirted? If so, and he didn’t, it showed he wasn’t that serious about wrestling for our college team. That lack of commitment and his track record for flipping should have almost guaranteed this would happen. Now he can actually sign with ISU and be able to leave them through the portal with no penalty. If he has the great success we were hoping he would have, I would not be surprised if he enters the portal to go to PSU when Haines bumps up in weight. That would be the ultimate way to stick it in our arse😤
His family is rich, I'm sure they were paying gym fees or whatever you call it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT