ADVERTISEMENT

Clarence Thomas

It's fine you stupid racist LIB! Thomas knows how to keep his private life and personal life separate. It's totally immaterial that Crow owned the house that Thomas' mom lived in. And, if Crow paid for the improvements to the house while mom lived there, why, that's just what a good friend does.
I'm sorry a stupid LIB like you doesn't have a good friend who pays for a new roof on your mother's house.

Judges - and lawyers - are governed by ETHICAL standards. They can be disbarred for ETHICS violations that have not one thing to do with breaking the law. That's not a "narrative"...it's a fact that you refuse to address. Maybe you don't understand "ethical standards". I wouldn't find that at all surprising.

YOU are the one building a narrative to avoid addressing the issue - that's exactly what your "everybody does it"..."look at Biden" is all about. THAT'S a "narrative".

All I'm asking you to do is look at this one instance and comment on it independent of all the other horseshit you want to bring to the table to excuse it and you refuse.
If you only have time to digest one post in this thread, it’s tarheels’ above. Ethical issues are separate and distinct from the statutes folks are hyper focused on, and any appearance of impropriety can completely undermine the judiciary (at all levels, and yes insert snicker here) which is why it’s such an important canon governing judicial conduct. This conduct is simply unacceptable.

If you only have time to digest one post in this thread, it’s tarheels’ above. Ethical issues are separate and distinct from the statutes folks are hyper focused on, and any appearance of impropriety can completely undermine the judiciary (at all levels, and yes insert snicker here) which is why it’s such an important canon governing judicial conduct. This conduct is simply unacceptable.
In a functioning court he'd be expelled long ago. The court is corrupt and a disgrace.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
latest

No relation

• Love
Reactions: FlickShagwell
Legality is all that matters in this instance. If they did business on the trips that specifically is outlined in the law.
The value, whether it be $1 or $1M is moot as the rules don’t specify. Mind you, Crow spending $1M to fly friends or go yachting with friends (sunk costs ignored) is like someone making $100K a year paying $30 for a friends meal. $1M and $30 is a big difference no doubt, but its all relative.
You are really sold on this concept? What should one “pay“ a traffic court judge for speeding more than 10 over the limit?
A trip to Lake of the Ozarks or maybe Myrtle Beach?

Be specific? Always with the be specific as if that means anything at all.

Yes the left manufactures evidence. Maybe this is legitimate abf maybe it isn't

As for his wife earning income....that isn't illegal. It isn't like she is getting into bed with China or the Ukraine. Did Clarence get her on the board of an energy company in one of the most corrupt countries on the planet? Did she leave a crack pipe in a rental car and have kiddie port on her laptop?
It would be different if we could vote Supreme Court justices off the bench.

I think he is actually in danger of losing his seat.

Not a chance unless he decides to resign. He'd never be convicted in an impeachment trial no matter the facts. Even conviction of a felony and a prison sentence wouldn't do it. Thomas can serve for as long as he likes with the assurance that he can't be ousted.

All of the focus on actual corruption, whether Thomas' undisclosed financial relationship with a GOP megadonor, Trump's illegal use of campaign funds, election interference and harboring classified documents, or TN House Speaker Cameron Sexton's fraudulent per diem and travel claims, is just a smokescreen to distract us from imaginary controversies like Hunter's laptop and drag shows.

All of the focus on actual corruption, whether Thomas' undisclosed financial relationship with a GOP megadonor, Trump's illegal use of campaign funds, election interference and harboring classified documents, or TN House Speaker Cameron Sexton's fraudulent per diem and travel claims, is just a smokescreen to distract us from imaginary controversies like Hunter's laptop and drag shows.
FYHaiJ8XgAESFKR

This is true; if Elena Kagan was in the same boat, you'd have Dems in line with Reps to fix it.
I tried alluding to this earlier with my comment about Soros dropping the ball. I imagine if it were found out that Kagan, Sotomayer, or Ginsburg so much as accepted an undisclosed pair of fancy shoes from Soros these idiots would all be singing a different tune.

These trips appeared nowhere on Thomas’ financial disclosures, where justices are required to list most gifts.

His failure to report the flights appears to violate a federal disclosure law passed after Watergate, according to experts. By accepting the trips, Thomas has broken long-standing norms for judges’ conduct, ethics experts and four current or retired federal judges said.

Yeah...that's probably impeachment-worthy...
So your point is a black man shouldn't experience such things? is that your point?

But we aren't supposed to call him Uncle Thomas, because that's mean.

:rolleyes:

If nothing else, it just provides an opening for people to claim racism instead of addressing this.

Traditionally, referring to someone as an Uncle Tom is not a compliment so it allows posters to deflect to that instead.

Reactions: lucas80
I'm not so sure. If Trump is in the Oval Office and the GOP controls the Senate...I honestly don't know where I would come down on the issue. Do we want another Kavanaugh or - god forbid - Thomas on the bench?

Admittedly, that’s an awful scenario to contemplate.

If nothing else, it just provides an opening for people to claim racism instead of addressing this.

Traditionally, referring to someone as an Uncle Tom is not a compliment so it allows posters to deflect to that instead.
Not my concern. I call 'em like I see 'em and Clarence Thomas is a TEXTBOOK example of an Uncle Tom.

• Haha
Reactions: MplsHawk
So your point is a black man shouldn't experience such things? is that your point?
Yes.

Nor should a white, Hispanic, Native American or Arab. No one should be getting these kinds of "perks" and not reporting them.

Weird that you single out "a black man", though. Because the race here is irrelevant.

Reactions: sober_teacher

Ginni Thomas Vows Not to Let Husband’s Problems Interfere with Her Work on Supreme Court​

By Andy Borowitz
April 14, 2023

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Ginni Thomas has reassured the American people that she is doing everything in her power to keep her husband’s mounting ethical issues from interfering with her work on the United States Supreme Court.

Acknowledging that her husband’s controversies were a “distraction,” Thomas said, “They shouldn’t keep me from doing the important work I was sent here to do.”

“There are reproductive rights to shred and environmental protections to erase,” she said. “Regardless of the mess Clarence has gotten himself into, I need to keep my focus.”

Calling her post as Associate Justice of the Supreme Court “a job I’ve loved for the past three decades,” Thomas said, “I’m hopping mad that Clarence would do anything to jeopardize that. But anyone who thinks that I’m giving less than a hundred per cent to my work doesn’t know what Ginni Thomas is made of.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT