ADVERTISEMENT

Clarence Thomas

Give me a break. It has everything to do with the fact that for several decades, Clarence Thomas' behavior and contempt of his fellow Americans shows very clearly NO ONE should trust his "morals, judgements and thought processes" and that he is completely beholden to his rich, white benefactors.

Why do you think so many public figures have publicly called him an Uncle Tom?

I'm not saying that you are a racist, but your use of the phrase is pretty racist whether that was your intention or not. You are projecting your personal opinions of a man to fit a definition that you think gives you cover to use the phrase. Whether your opinions are closer to the truth or far from it doesn't really change the fact that you are using your opinions to impute motive to justify calling a black man a racially insensitive phrase. The phrase "Uncle Tom" is misused most of the time, and we would be better off without it in general, but I don't think a white person should ever call a black person an Uncle Tom.

I'm not saying that you are a racist, but your use of the phrase is pretty racist whether that was your intention or not. You are projecting your personal opinions of a man to fit a definition that you think gives you cover to use the phrase. Whether your opinions are closer to the truth or far from it doesn't really change the fact that you are using your opinions to impute motive to justify calling a black man a racially insensitive phrase. The phrase "Uncle Tom" is misused most of the time, and we would be better off without it in general, but I don't think a white person should ever call a black person an Uncle Tom.
The use of Uncle Tom in this particular instance is using it exactly as it has historically and publicly, frequently.

I don't think you could find a modern political figure who more clearly fits into the definition than Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas. For the love of God, just look at that absolutely cringey portrait!! 😂

And politically correct whining about it isn't going to change my mind.

The use of Uncle Tom in this particular instance is using it exactly as it has historically and publicly, frequently.

I don't think you could find a modern political figure who more clearly fits into the definition than Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas. For the love of God, just look at that absolutely cringey portrait!! 😂

And politically correct whining about it isn't going to change my mind.

It isn't a great look, but you do you.

I'd put it more in the "racially insensitive" category than "racist".

I think there has to be intent to be "racist". Torbee obviously didn't have a racist intent.

I think "intent" is incorrectly over looked when the word "racist" get's thrown around. To me it's a key ingredient if we're going to call someone racist...

What is it when someone doubles down on use of a racially insensitive phrase? It is a phrase we should do without. There are better ways to disparage Justice Thomas for those that don't like him on their view of the merits.

What is it when someone doubles down on use of a racially insensitive phrase? It is a phrase we should do without. There are better ways to disparage Justice Thomas for those that don't like him on their view of the merits.
Won’t argue that…

Reactions: MplsHawk
lock-him-up-v0-apo4lp633csa1.png

Vastly different scenarios.

And it's not like I'm the only one that has made the observation.

I happen to agree with Rep. Bennie Thompson:

And Samuel L. Jackson:

And Sen. Emmanuel Jones:

See? You justify it. Racist.

Oh look, torbees little bitch came to help 🤣

He isn’t a racist because I disagree with him. He’s a racist for calling Justice Thomas an Uncle Tom.
What is racist about it?

You just keep repeating that it IS racist.

But why? How is describing a SCOTUS judge who has lived up to the literal dictionary definition of the phrase - based on a literary character - racist?

If you can articulate it, maybe you can convince me that it is.

Uncle Tom certainly is insulting -- because a black dude can't legitimately be conservative? -- on the terms listed below. I don't know that I'd call it racist -- although by today's standards of the word on the progressive left you could call it that -- but it's certainly stupid thinking to assume that any association with the GOP by a black person is because they "sold out", not because it fits their values.

disparaging : a Black person who is overeager to win the approval of whites (as by obsequious behavior or uncritical acceptance of white values and goals)

disparaging : a person who is overly subservient to or cooperative with authority

The hawkedoff Pan-African radicalism saga is fascinating
Watching torbee flail about to explain why he as a white little liberal gets to call black people racist tropes is not all that surprising at all. He is at his core a racist that sells himself as being above others in a narcissistic smug arrogance that only white liberals can truly pull off. He truly believes he is anointed by his liberal ideology to sift through people and sit in judgement on their merit with regards to morality within the very narrow minded scope of his and his religions tenets. I would call it pathetic but in reality he is dangerous as people like him have always elevated themselves as high priests to cut the hearts out of their enemies while decrying the sins of those they target.

In this case Clarence Thomas has broken zero laws. None. This is manufactured rage and as Clarence Thomas so succinctly put in those abhorrent congressional hearings to confirm him to the Supreme court, a modern day lynching. Torbee I am certain fashions himself as someone that would have marched with MLK but the truth is he is the one directing the fire hoses at a black man for being uppity.

Reactions: HawkeyeHitman
Is the argument that the rules for what SCOTUS’s need to disclose is too lenient because it includes exceptions for personal hospitality from individuals or that Thomas did something illegal?

Is the argument that the rules for what SCOTUS’s need to disclose is too lenient because it includes exceptions for personal hospitality from individuals or that Thomas did something illegal?
For me the problem here is that Thomas received a great many benefits from a very rich man who just so happens to have been involved in many cases over the years that reached the SC. It’s hard to say whether anything illegal happened, but that’s as much because of the extremely lax rules the Court governs itself by, as well as the complete lack of any code of ethics.

at the very least Thomas has shown himself repeatedly to be a man not much concerned with ethics. He’s not worthy of his seat on the SC.

For me the problem here is that Thomas received a great many benefits from a very rich man who just so happens to have been involved in many cases over the years that reached the SC. It’s hard to say whether anything illegal happened, but that’s as much because of the extremely lax rules the Court governs itself by, as well as the complete lack of any code of ethics.

at the very least Thomas has shown himself repeatedly to be a man not much concerned with ethics. He’s not worthy of his seat on the SC.
Maybe. So why is the black man being targeted? I presume the other justices are receiving the same scrutiny?

Or is this another classified documents situation where things get weaponized against one person while another has boxes in their garage at their vacation home where a drug addict with foreign enemy entanglements has easy access?

Maybe. So why is the black man being targeted? I presume the other justices are receiving the same scrutiny?

Or is this another classified documents situation where things get weaponized against one person while another has boxes in their garage at their vacation home where a drug addict with foreign enemy entanglements has easy access?
I don't understand how people get so far down the rabbit hole. May god have mercy on your soul.

I guess to me I don’t understand the outrage to Thomas on this as much as the dumb rule that allows for hospitality from individuals which these appear to be. Was there this much outrage when Sotomayor failed to disclose 6 non-hospitality trips she was legally obligated to disclose? Is this just another R v L, my team v your team thing?

I guess to me I don’t understand the outrage to Thomas on this as much as the dumb rule that allows for hospitality from individuals which these appear to be. Was there this much outrage when Sotomayor failed to disclose 6 non-hospitality trips she was legally obligated to disclose? Is this just another R v L, my team v your team thing?
Maybe. Do you believe a Supreme Court judge should be accepting free travel/vacation/lodging from a known big party donor?

Last edited:

I don’t give a damn what color his skin is. His actions here, as well as in the past, raise serious questions to me.

and again, by all means feel free to point out similar behavior by other justices. ALL OF THEM should be held to the highest standards.

it should be infuriating to all of us, that if nothing else, the Supreme Court alone of all judicial benches in the country, operates virtually without oversight or code of ethics.

Yep.

At first I was a bit disgusted and then you see this is yet another attempt at a hatchet job on Thomas. Something the left has been doing to him since his confirmation hearings.

I don't know if he was right in accepting those trips or not but I do know the people attacking him aren't to be trusted.

I don’t give a damn what color his skin is. His actions here, as well as in the past, raise serious questions to me.

and again, by all means feel free to point out similar behavior by other justices. ALL OF THEM should be held to the highest standards.

it should be infuriating to all of us, that if nothing else, the Supreme Court alone of all judicial benches in the country, operates virtually without oversight or code of ethics.
I don't have a problem with this viewpoint at all.

Yep.

At first I was a bit disgusted and then you see this is yet another attempt at a hatchet job on Thomas. Something the left has been doing to him since his confirmation hearings.

I don't know if he was right in accepting those trips or not but I do know the people attacking him aren't to be trusted.
Who would you trust to investigate?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT