ADVERTISEMENT

Clark was put above the team…Loss

Just shut down the 4th quarter for the record at home. Well when you need the fire again it was too late and ice cold.

Don’t @ me. I’ve watched 16 minutes of women’s basketball all year and majority of that was today’s 4th quarter.

Just play the ****ing game and stop all the side stuff.
That is BS, she was 0-6. Not to mention other than Kate nobody couid hit from the outside. So Nebraska plugged the lane. Gabby was 0-5 from three. Poor shooting was our demise.

reports I'm hearing from insiders is that someone associated with Clark, not by blood, placed a ML bet on Neb- for the exact amount of money Clark made from Crunch Time.

This could get real ugly.

Just shut down the 4th quarter for the record at home. Well when you need the fire again it was too late and ice cold.

Don’t @ me. I’ve watched 16 minutes of women’s basketball all year and majority of that was today’s 4th quarter.

Just play the ****ing game and stop all the side stuff.
Part of the reason I can't take the women's game seriously. This is JV stuff; worrying about which crowd gets to see some record.

Winning the Big Ten & then a National Championship should be 2 & 1 with zero debate.

I hope this tampers the celebration for them this week when she does break it. Still a team game at the end of the day.

That’s what I saw. Neb coach 3Q hissy fit affected the crew the entire 4th Q. Contact on shot no call on one end and contact on shot a foul on the other. Repeatedly.

It’s a shame Women’s CBB has such a horrendous officiating product. Last year’s Final case in point.
There's something to this. Mulkey did the exact same thing with the zebras in title game. Threw an absolute hissy fit & the refs went missing.

Last edited:
There's something to this. Mulvey did the exact same thing with the zebras in title game. Threw an absolute hissy fit & the refs went missing.
I’m not blaming the refs for the loss (I know you probably aren’t either). I think you’re absolutely right about how calls sometimes change when certain coaches go off. With that said, women’s basketball officiating as a whole is very poor. Before this game it had me wondering if there aren’t some high school crews out there that could do better than what we’re seeing. IMO it’s the inconsistencies in calls that has become frustrating for the players, coaches, and fans. Its obvious the players and teams are definitely trending upwards, which is awesome, the officials need to as well though for the product on the floor to be enjoyed.

I’m not blaming the refs for the loss (I know you probably aren’t either). I think you’re absolutely right about how calls sometimes change when certain coaches go off. With that said, women’s basketball officiating as a whole is very poor. Before this game it had me wondering if there aren’t some high school crews out there that could do better than what we’re seeing. IMO it’s the inconsistencies in calls that has become frustrating for the players, coaches, and fans. Its obvious the players and teams are definitely trending upwards, which is awesome, the officials need to as well though for the product on the floor to be enjoyed.
I don't know if they are having trouble getting officials for Women's games.....but they need to find one more. Because the ref that called the foul on Steulke (sp?), when the Nebby player baited it by setting up in front of her when she turned to run down court.......needs to be fired immediately.

That is one of the most ridiculous calls I have seen in a long time. I don't watch a lot of women's games, so this may be "par for the course" as you say.....which would be too bad. I also wouldn't be surprised if the Nebby coach told the ref they were going to do it and to watch for it. Which would be completely bush-league, and would fit right in with the PA bull$hit

I don't know if they are having trouble getting officials for Women's games.....but they need to find one more. Because the ref that called the foul on Steulke (sp?), when the Nebby player baited it by setting up in front of her when she turned to run down court.......needs to be fired immediately.

That is one of the most ridiculous calls I have seen in a long time. I don't watch a lot of women's games, so this may be "par for the course" as you say.....which would be too bad. I also wouldn't be surprised if the Nebby coach told the ref they were going to do it and to watch for it. Which would be completely bush-league, and would fit right in with the PA bull$hit
It's not against the rules to do it, but, how does that foul affect the flow of the game? It doesn't seem to be in the spirit of the game. If someone is trying to draw that foul, int that way, 60 feet from the basket, he/she deserves to get trucked. Play on.

It's not against the rules to do it, but, how does that foul affect the flow of the game? It doesn't seem to be in the spirit of the game. If someone is trying to draw that foul, int that way, 60 feet from the basket, he/she deserves to get trucked. Play on.
I think they almost need a 4th ref to be a birds eye - get a view from above. There so many missed or bad calls they are making from the floor level.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT