ADVERTISEMENT

Close friend pleading with me to not vaccinate our baby

No, it's happening a lot more nowadays among younger and vaccinated population. There is little doubt my otherwise very healthy 48 year old friend would not have almost died, spent 3 days in the hospital, and now on blood thinners if he wasn't vaccinated. Same with my co-worker. Otherwise very healthy and very young.

Now Doc, tell me it wasn't the vaccines and it's completely normal for a healthy chap in their lower 40's to have a blood clot.
There's lots of causes across age groups. But you're not interested in learning. Because you've already made up your mind because of your biases.

Continue in your ignorance. You're comfortable there.

Says who?

The virus is causing most of the problems, across the board. Well documented w/ long-term sequelae.
There are studies that indicate post-vaccination blood clotting, you know that. Studies that would indicate "a lot more" would never be published as that would only add to vaccine hesitancy.

There are studies that indicate post-vaccination blood clotting, you know that. Studies that would indicate "a lot more" would never be published as that would only add to vaccine hesitancy.
Perhaps posting a link?
To the op, doing the ‘go read it yourself’ to support your position is pretty weak. Post the facts and bury the opposition.

Perhaps posting a link?
To the op, doing the ‘go read it yourself’ to support your position is pretty weak. Post the facts and bury the opposition.

He has no links to any studies; only Twitter diatribes and Youtube videos from quacks.

Reactions: JWolf74
There's lots of causes across age groups. But you're not interested in learning. Because you've already made up your mind because of your biases.

Continue in your ignorance. You're comfortable there.
He raises some pretty good points.

No, it's happening a lot more nowadays among younger and vaccinated population. There is little doubt my otherwise very healthy 48 year old friend would not have almost died, spent 3 days in the hospital, and now on blood thinners if he wasn't vaccinated. Same with my co-worker. Otherwise very healthy and very young.

Now Doc, tell me it wasn't the vaccines and it's completely normal for a healthy chap in their lower 40's to have a blood clot.
The topic of vaccines and their potential side effects, including the formation of blood clots, has been the subject of extensive research and monitoring, especially in the context of COVID-19 vaccines. Here is a summary of the current evidence:

COVID-19 Vaccines and Blood Clots​

• AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria) and Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) Vaccines: There have been reports of a rare but serious condition involving blood clots with low platelets, known as thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS), associated with these vaccines. The cases are very rare and have prompted regulatory agencies to issue guidance and precautions.
    • Incidence: The risk of developing TTS is very low. For the AstraZeneca vaccine, estimates suggest about 4-6 cases per million doses administered. For the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, the risk is about 3 cases per million doses administered.
    • Symptoms: TTS typically occurs within two weeks after vaccination and includes symptoms like severe headaches, abdominal pain, leg swelling, and shortness of breath.

Mechanism and Risk Factors​

• Mechanism: The exact mechanism behind TTS is not fully understood but is thought to involve an immune response that activates platelets. This condition resembles heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT), where antibodies target platelet factor 4 (PF4) bound to heparin, causing clot formation.
  • Risk Factors: While anyone can potentially develop TTS, it has been observed more frequently in women under the age of 50. However, the overall incidence remains very low across all demographics.

Regulatory Responses​

• Guidance and Warnings: Health authorities, including the European Medicines Agency (EMA), the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and the World Health Organization (WHO), have acknowledged the risk of TTS but emphasize that the benefits of vaccination far outweigh the risks for the vast majority of people.
  • Vaccine Recommendations: In some regions, recommendations have been updated to prefer mRNA vaccines (Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna) for certain age groups or populations due to the lower observed risk of blood clots.

Non-COVID-19 Vaccines​

• General Vaccines: For most vaccines (non-COVID-19), there is no significant evidence linking them to an increased risk of blood clots. Vaccines are generally considered safe and effective, with the benefits of preventing serious diseases outweighing potential risks.

Conclusion​

While there is evidence of a rare association between certain COVID-19 vaccines and blood clots, the occurrence is extremely rare. The benefits of vaccination in preventing COVID-19, including severe disease and death, significantly outweigh the risks of these rare adverse events. Monitoring and research are ongoing to ensure vaccine safety.

Sources:​

These sources provide detailed and updated information on the safety and side effects of vaccines.

The topic of vaccines and their potential side effects, including the formation of blood clots, has been the subject of extensive research and monitoring, especially in the context of COVID-19 vaccines. Here is a summary of the current evidence:

• AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria) and Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) Vaccines: There have been reports of a rare but serious condition involving blood clots with low platelets, known as thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS), associated with these vaccines. The cases are very rare and have prompted regulatory agencies to issue guidance and precautions.
    • Incidence: The risk of developing TTS is very low. For the AstraZeneca vaccine, estimates suggest about 4-6 cases per million doses administered. For the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, the risk is about 3 cases per million doses administered.
    • Symptoms: TTS typically occurs within two weeks after vaccination and includes symptoms like severe headaches, abdominal pain, leg swelling, and shortness of breath.

• Mechanism: The exact mechanism behind TTS is not fully understood but is thought to involve an immune response that activates platelets. This condition resembles heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT), where antibodies target platelet factor 4 (PF4) bound to heparin, causing clot formation.
  • Risk Factors: While anyone can potentially develop TTS, it has been observed more frequently in women under the age of 50. However, the overall incidence remains very low across all demographics.

Regulatory Responses​

• Guidance and Warnings: Health authorities, including the European Medicines Agency (EMA), the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and the World Health Organization (WHO), have acknowledged the risk of TTS but emphasize that the benefits of vaccination far outweigh the risks for the vast majority of people.
  • Vaccine Recommendations: In some regions, recommendations have been updated to prefer mRNA vaccines (Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna) for certain age groups or populations due to the lower observed risk of blood clots.

Non-COVID-19 Vaccines​

• General Vaccines: For most vaccines (non-COVID-19), there is no significant evidence linking them to an increased risk of blood clots. Vaccines are generally considered safe and effective, with the benefits of preventing serious diseases outweighing potential risks.

Conclusion​

While there is evidence of a rare association between certain COVID-19 vaccines and blood clots, the occurrence is extremely rare. The benefits of vaccination in preventing COVID-19, including severe disease and death, significantly outweigh the risks of these rare adverse events. Monitoring and research are ongoing to ensure vaccine safety.

These sources provide detailed and updated information on the safety and side effects of vaccines.

...yes....but what do rando Twitter memes say...??? 😉

My wife is 38+ weeks pregnant with child #1 and we are expecting the arrival any day. We have taken courses, read books on sleeping, etc., spent an outrageous amount of money on stroller, crib, etc. and are very excited.

I have been acutely aware of the controversy around vaccinations and an alleged link to autism, but because I had no kids, I never looked into it. From what I can tell, there have been no scientific studies that prove causation between the MMR vaccine (generally given at around 8 weeks) and autism. The anti-vaccination movement has been largely grassroots (parents of austistic kids who were supposedly healthy before the vaccine) and a Dr. Wakefield in the U.K. Hollywood types like Robert De Niro and Jenny McCarthy have also hopped on board.

Fast forward to today, a dear friend (well-educated, level-headed father of two) started pleading with me to not vaccinate. He went so far as to say that our friendship means far too much to him to allow me to make the mistake of vaccinating, and asked that I meet up with him to discuss. My friend believes that the vaccinations are a huge money-maker for "Big Pharma," who is in bed with the CDC. He is a great guy and friend, but his behavior seems almost cultish. We are both committed Christians, and he compared his pleading with me about vaccinations to sharing the Gospel of Christ with an atheist friend.

Obviously, we would not do anything that could increase the risk of our child having autism. With that said, my look at the data seems to indicate that the odds of vaccine-induced autism (or other complications) are less than the odds of contracting disease due to not vaccinating.

What say you, HROT?
You’re friend is an idiot.

Reactions: hawksurprize
Did you ever read that last article you were trying to post as a gotcha, but instead got absolutely embarrassed?

Let's talk about who should embarrassed. Who is overseeing this chronic health epidemic in America among both adults and children? You dimwits are about as much a part of it than the fast food-eating couch potato public themselves. US leads in infant mortality among other civilized countries. What about medical errors being the 3rd leading cause of death in the US? Much of your profession has become band-aid snake oil peddlers with laundry lists of significant side effects instead of caring enough to tackle the root cause of health problems. So how about you take your unwarranted high and mighty attitude and go sit your ass in the corner where it belongs.

Reactions: MichaelKeller99
My wife is 38+ weeks pregnant with child #1 and we are expecting the arrival any day. We have taken courses, read books on sleeping, etc., spent an outrageous amount of money on stroller, crib, etc. and are very excited.

I have been acutely aware of the controversy around vaccinations and an alleged link to autism, but because I had no kids, I never looked into it. From what I can tell, there have been no scientific studies that prove causation between the MMR vaccine (generally given at around 8 weeks) and autism. The anti-vaccination movement has been largely grassroots (parents of austistic kids who were supposedly healthy before the vaccine) and a Dr. Wakefield in the U.K. Hollywood types like Robert De Niro and Jenny McCarthy have also hopped on board.

Fast forward to today, a dear friend (well-educated, level-headed father of two) started pleading with me to not vaccinate. He went so far as to say that our friendship means far too much to him to allow me to make the mistake of vaccinating, and asked that I meet up with him to discuss. My friend believes that the vaccinations are a huge money-maker for "Big Pharma," who is in bed with the CDC. He is a great guy and friend, but his behavior seems almost cultish. We are both committed Christians, and he compared his pleading with me about vaccinations to sharing the Gospel of Christ with an atheist friend.

Obviously, we would not do anything that could increase the risk of our child having autism. With that said, my look at the data seems to indicate that the odds of vaccine-induced autism (or other complications) are less than the odds of contracting disease due to not vaccinating.

What say you, HROT?
You should make him your ex-friend.

Reactions: littlez
What "chronic health epidemic" are you referring to?

The Relation of the Chronic Disease Epidemic to the Health Care Crisis​

"Currently, some 50% of the US population has a chronic disease, creating an epidemic....The medical profession and its leadership did not recognize or respond appropriately to the rising prevalence of chronic disease. As a consequence, a health care crisis emerged, with inadequate access to care and quality of care together with excessive costs."
And
"Sixty years ago, a new and dominating health problem emerged: chronic disease. It has now reached epidemic proportions, affecting 50% of the population and consuming 86% of health care expenditures. The fundamental responsibility of the medical profession is to create a health care system and a practice of medicine that meet the needs of current illnesses and patients. The profession has not done so."

And, I believe among children it's 12% in the 80's to 54% a few years back.

Quit wasting my time Joe. I've got better things to do.

Reactions: MichaelKeller99
There are some great dead handles in this thread. Covid made a lot of rational people go crazy. Or, maybe it was there and just waiting to burst out?

Reactions: tarheelbybirth

"Currently, some 50% of the US population has a chronic disease, creating an epidemic....The medical profession and its leadership did not recognize or respond appropriately to the rising prevalence of chronic disease. As a consequence, a health care crisis emerged, with inadequate access to care and quality of care together with excessive costs."
And
"Sixty years ago, a new and dominating health problem emerged: chronic disease. It has now reached epidemic proportions, affecting 50% of the population and consuming 86% of health care expenditures. The fundamental responsibility of the medical profession is to create a health care system and a practice of medicine that meet the needs of current illnesses and patients. The profession has not done so."

This has nothing to do with vaccinations and not much an average doctor can do either. Americans don’t exercise enough, they eat fatty foods, they drink, they sit on the couch, You know what every doctor tells them at their annual physical: eat healthy, exercise, drink less, don’t smoke, etc.

Acting like this is the fault of medical professionals is quite frankly silly. If a fatty eats too many cheeseburgers, despite the obvious health implications, it’s no one’s fault but the fatty.

This is not hard and you have ground your axe into dust.

Reactions: 3boysmom

Regulatory Responses​

Non-COVID-19 Vaccines​

Conclusion​

Ilk

And

The WHO IARC released a daunting prediction of the global cancer burden. It estimates more than 35 million new cancer cases in 2050 — a 77% increase from the estimated 20 million cancer cases that occurred in 2022.

Reactions: naturalbornhawk
Has nothing to do with vaccines, Cletus.
You took me out of context, Cletus. Let's recap. My root post was explaining to the resident HBOT MD that he and his profession should be the one to be embarrassed. Then, you cried WHAT EPIDEMIC? Then, a dipstick Joe disciple says:
The one he read about when he was looking for the information that exactly he wanted! Otherwise known as not a real thing.
Then I post A REAL THING.
Then our cute little resident HBOT Einstein posts:
Has nothing to do with vaccines, Cletus.
Gordon Ramsay Facepalm GIF by Masterchef

All the anti-vaxers and COVID deniers need to be rounded up and given their own reservation in the middle of Utah in Arizona. They can live in their own little colony. (they are dumb enough to believe other shit, perhaps they are are dumb enough to believe they are in Utah when they are actually in Arizona)

All the anti-vaxers and COVID deniers need to be rounded up and given their own reservation in the middle of Utah in Arizona. They can live in their own little colony. (they are dumb enough to believe other shit, perhaps they are are dumb enough to believe they are in Utah when they are actually in Arizona)
I guarantee they’d be healthier than a colony of jabbed and boosted, mask wearing Americans.

I’m not an anti-vaxxer. Just choose not to get any…and sure as hell not about to let anyone force them on me or my family.

Tough guy. You realize you were not allowed to go to school (or do I say college) without certain vaccines?

Yeah, I know, remember the good old days when dad would get you all in the back of the station wagon, and said, that polio vaccine is a crock of shit. "Science is bullshit, son. Don't ever let them tell you different".

Tough guy. You realize you were not allowed to go to school (or do I say college) without certain vaccines?

Yeah, I know, remember the good old days when dad would get you all in the back of the station wagon, and said, that polio vaccine is a crock of shit. "Science is bullshit, son. Don't ever let them tell you different".
Americans used to be quite gullible in that regard.

Pharma greed woke a lot of people with the covid vaccine fiasco.

Baby steps.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT