ADVERTISEMENT

Convince me to vote Kamala

I’m not going through this entire thread, but here are a few things I like about her: first off, her record as district attorney of San Francisco and Attorney General in California. It shows that she’s a shrewd negotiator not a $4 billion settlement against the large banks’ predatory lending practices but held out and got 20 billion. She also won a settlement over for profit colleges that didn’t deliver on promises to students. Both these measures show her as a fighter for the middle class, as opposed to a silver spoon baby.

While she personally fought for more liberal policies on nonviolent crime (like legalization of marijuana) while in the Senate, as attorney general, she enforced full sentences for violent crimes and sex crimes. She created a system in California for enforcing truancy laws on parents who allowed their minors to never attend school, while putting in place a process that helped parents who were struggling with their kids refusal to go. She created specialized units of law enforcement dealing with both anti-lgbt hate and environmental polluter crimes.

Her experience as a negotiator in prosecutions of criminals has also helped her in negotiations with big pharmaceutical companies. One of the best aspects of the Biden administration has been her work in that area. She, by all accounts, was integral in getting drug companies to work together to beat their goal for vaccine readiness. Also has done some great work to limit the cost of insulin another life-saving drugs.

One of her drawbacks is that she’s not a gifted speaker, and she’s serious in tone. But I think that’s even refreshing. Hillary Clinton is a gifted public speaker, but Kamala lacks the smugness in her delivery that Hillary sometimes had. Finally, all this shows Kamala is a decent and moral person. Something we’ve seen is sorely needed in such a position.

I’m not going through this entire thread, but here are a few things I like about her: first off, her record as district attorney of San Francisco and Attorney General in California. It shows that she’s a shrewd negotiator not a $4 billion settlement against the large banks’ predatory lending practices but held out and got 20 billion. She also won a settlement over for profit colleges that didn’t deliver on promises to students. Both these measures show her as a fighter for the middle class, as opposed to a silver spoon baby.

While she personally fought for more liberal policies on nonviolent crime (like legalization of marijuana) while in the Senate, as attorney general, she enforced full sentences for violent crimes and sex crimes. She created a system in California for enforcing truancy laws on parents who allowed their minors to never attend school, while putting in place a process that helped parents who were struggling with their kids refusal to go. She created specialized units of law enforcement dealing with both anti-lgbt hate and environmental polluter crimes.

Her experience as a negotiator in prosecutions of criminals has also helped her in negotiations with big pharmaceutical companies. One of the best aspects of the Biden administration has been her work in that area. She, by all accounts, was integral in getting drug companies to work together to beat their goal for vaccine readiness. Also has done some great work to limit the cost of insulin another life-saving drugs.

One of her drawbacks is that she’s not a gifted speaker, and she’s serious in tone. But I think that’s even refreshing. Hillary Clinton is a gifted public speaker, but Kamala lacks the smugness in her delivery that Hillary sometimes had. Finally, all this shows Kamala is a decent and moral person. Something we’ve seen is sorely needed in such a position.
I appreciate this. One of the first in depth posts I can't throw some BS at. Well done my man!

Decent and moral? Didn’t she sleep with some married guy(s) to advance her career?

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Why are you playing this game? You are voting Trump despite all of the terrible crap he’s done. Look at it this way… vote Harris and at least there’s an adult in office and you might get head. Win-win.
I most likely won't vote but while we are on topic...................

What's better eye contact or beej form?

Decent and moral? Didn’t she sleep with some married guy(s) to advance her career?
No, she’d already gotten the job and Willie Brown was separated from his wife at the time. The only analogy I can give you that you might understand is when you and your right hand were on a break from getting tired, and your left was called in. It was always there, and the right was okay as it wanted the break from overcramping.

Here’s a reason:

Do you want these guys back in the White House?

4500.jpg
I think at some point many of us would like to vote for someone we think is a competent, capable leader. Not the less shitty of 2 shitty options

There is nothing remotely remarkable with her. When I envisioned first female President I had hoped it would be someone special

No, she’d already gotten the job and Willie Brown was separated from his wife at the time. The only analogy I can give you that you might understand is when you and your right hand were on a break from getting tired, and your left was called in. It was always there, and the right was okay as it wanted the break from overcramping.
Funny guy. Your first sentence would have sufficed. Thought I heard Willie Brown was married at the time, I stand corrected.

So choosing to focus more on my kids instead of politics makes me a Trump voter?
Not at all. Choosing to spend time trolling a message board instead of educating yourself probably means that group is a better fit. If you just sit it out, an least you can claim you didn't vote for however wins so it's not your fault.. then again, unless you live in one of the 10 swing states where RFK jr is pulling his name from the ballot you can still vote for him.

Not at all. Choosing to spend time trolling a message board instead of educating yourself probably means that group is a better fit. If you just sit it out, an least you can claim you didn't vote for however wins so it's not your fault.. then again, unless you live in one of the 10 swing states where RFK jr is pulling his name from the ballot you can still vote for him.
I just think it's funny how serious some take sock puppets are on this board. Don't worry I live in IA and we are going red anyway. Breathe my man.

I think at some point many of us would like to vote for someone we think is a competent, capable leader. Not the less shitty of 2 shitty options

There is nothing remotely remarkable with her. When I envisioned first female President I had hoped it would be someone special
How so?

I just think it's funny how serious some take sock puppets are on this board. Don't worry I live in IA and we are going red anyway. Breathe my man.
That's what I love about Nebraska, we will split our EC votes again. The question is, just how many will Harris get. With reproductive health rights on the ballot, there will be a heavy turnout for the women.

That's what I love about Nebraska, we will split our EC votes again. The question is, just how many will Harris get. With reproductive health rights on the ballot, there will be a heavy turnout for the women.
I could see that.

Speaking for myself I have half Mexican children, a small town white girlfriend, a black sister, handicapped grandparents, gay cousins, Native family, and white family. I have zero idea how this is going to end up.

Reactions: Gimmered
You the poster with a trans kid?

I don’t like the whole reproductive rights is on the ballot.

Like…do something now?

Otherwise- I’m a guy who thought it belonged at the states, so.

Prob just D2, since D1 has a lot of rural area added to it. D3 def Trump. Still better than nothing.

She’s might get to nominate 2 SC justices (along with the additional seats she’ll add)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT