ADVERTISEMENT

Cyclones getting their asses kicked by G5 Memphis

giphy.gif

Down 13-0 early, then return the kickoff to the 4 yard line. First down play loses 2. They suck.
A lot of game time left, no excited really for isu but watching. Question is as ISU has scored is whether ISU defense can make some stops

I thought the one trend this bowl season was a growing gap on talent between p5 teams and group of 5 schools as p5 schools skim the cream off those schools in portal.
ISU might buck that trend.

Thinking it's an unwritten rule not to attempt to score when time is left on the clock is a sure symptom of Ferentz Stockholm syndrome...
More just thinking that players try to avoid injuries and that’s why the victory formation is generally just a give up play on both sides. Maybe both sides should play full-on. But they don’t. It’s probably pretty easy to get injured doing what they did. You’d be pissed if someone did it to Iowa.

More just thinking that players try to avoid injuries and that’s why the victory formation is generally just a give up play on both sides. Maybe both sides should play full-on. But they don’t. It’s probably pretty easy to get injured doing what they did. You’d be pissed if someone did it to Iowa.
I'd be pissed if they didn't anticipate it. Just as I'd feel the same if they didn't anticipate a fake punt, or an onside kick... A live ball is a live ball. We may not like the play called, but you have to anticipate all scenarios

I'm not denying there's truth to what you're saying, I don't remember what bowl game I was watching a few nights ago, but the quarterback back pedaled seven or eight paces on the victory formation and stood there and did not take a knee trying to run more time with the clock. This forced the defense to come at him and it got a bit ugly...

I don’t mind ISU, and I loved the k St game in the snow…. But their defense isn’t at near the level ours is.

Syructuarly, leverage, gaps and of course players.
One reason for softer defense is T. J. Tampa opting out of this game. Reminds me of the Nebraska game last year when CDJ went out with an injury.

Forgot that

We could never pull off what the Clowns are doing on offense. That Rocko kid is just slinging to downfield with accuracy.

It's practically a crime what our offense has become.
I haven’t been jealous of ISU watching this entire game. They look poorly coached and motivated. The only thing they’ve done well is win on 50/50 balls and that’s not sustainable.

Wow, didn’t see that one coming. Though I stand by my thinking that had KSU and ISU played in weather like this, Sama wouldn’t have broke 50 yards rushing and KSU would’ve won by 10 or more.

Reactions: Hwt1 and GHawk
Holy shit when did Iowa Sts tackling get so bad…WTF?!?!
There was actually more of that than usual in season, especially in their losses against the top teams. Also hurts not to have TJ Tampa playing. Question is whether they can stop Memphis from scoring again…. Oops, didn’t post… they sorta came back, but not enough.

ISU G5'd!!!
O-2 vs G5 and 1-3 vs non con. But please clone fans go on and tell me how well you would do against the Big Ten West lol.

Actually, they should be happy the big 12 was able to cobble their conference together. That might be there best chance at winning seasons moving forward.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT