ADVERTISEMENT

Dawn Staley comment about the Iowa win.

Wango Z Tango

Team MVP
Dec 31, 2004
Chicago
She said "nice shot" but the game ball should have gone to the refs who called the shooting foul when Molly was shot faking beyond the three. Now maybe yes or no that is true. But I would love to ask Coach Staley this, "If your team was so defensively great, had the greatest recruits, was so incredibly deep, and had an umpteen game winning streak, and you are such a phenomenal coach, then why were you unable to make adjustments to beat the Iowa Hawkeyes?"

Can I ask why teams like South Carolina and LSU play such terrible teams for their non-con schedule? Iowa has one or two but then scheduled the top 3 teams in the MVC, played KSU twice, VT, ISU (not that great), scrimmage DePaul.

Can I ask why teams like South Carolina and LSU play such terrible teams for their non-con schedule? Iowa has one or two but then scheduled the top 3 teams in the MVC, played KSU twice, VT, ISU (not that great), scrimmage DePaul.
Well, there just aren't as many good teams in women's basketball as there are in men's. There are more than there used to be, for sure, but there still aren't a lot.

It’d be so great if anyone ever read thru another thread to see if a topic has already been discussed to death. This happens daily with WBB content…I would not be surprised to see yet another thread about this tomorrow. Why is no one capable of reading, or at least using the search function?

Also lol at you fragile bros convinced every black woman is racist. Staley is bitter and maybe jealous but not racist. You can take a number of classes at the institution we all cheer for in the anthropology, poli sci, international studies departments etc to learn why that is. The irony of you guys pretending to be victims while complaining about Staley wanting to play the victim too lmaooo.

Try Again Music Video GIF

Maybe I'm oblivious, but I don't see it. Care to enlighten me?
I don’t think she is racist. I do think she is over sensitive and will play the race card far too easily. She has made digs at Clark before. Last year she had to defend herself from what she said about Clark by saying she had given Clark the Staley POY award the prior two years (and also last year).

To answer your question, probably the answer is how much she has played the race card and her public digs at Clark. I do think some people are resentful of Clark from all of the attention she has been given. I can see Staley feeling that way when she has a team chalk full of stars.

She is absolutely is racist. She has had several instances where she has proved she is racist. The post above me has alluded to this. Oh wait according to dumocrats it is impossible for black people to be racist. Quit the damn pandering and call a spade a spade.

I don’t think she is racist. I do think she is over sensitive and will play the race card far too easily. She has made digs at Clark before. Last year she had to defend herself from what she said about Clark by saying she had given Clark the Staley POY award the prior two years (and also last year).

To answer your question, probably the answer is how much she has played the race card and her public digs at Clark. I do think some people are resentful of Clark from all of the attention she has been given. I can see Staley feeling that way when she has a team chalk full of stars.
Have you ever watched a golf tournament and witnessed all the attention given to Tiger Woods?

Reactions: JOEDUFF.40
She said "nice shot" but the game ball should have gone to the refs who called the shooting foul when Molly was shot faking beyond the three. Now maybe yes or no that is true. But I would love to ask Coach Staley this, "If your team was so defensively great, had the greatest recruits, was so incredibly deep, and had an umpteen game winning streak, and you are such a phenomenal coach, then why were you unable to make adjustments to beat the Iowa Hawkeyes?"
Why is she commenting on the Hawks?

Weird and telling. The final 4 loss left a mark...good.

To answer your question, probably the answer is how much she has played the race card and her public digs at Clark. I do think some people are resentful of Clark from all of the attention she has EARNED. I can see Staley feeling that way when she has a team chalk full of stars.
FIFY
None of the attention she gets is unwarranted. WBB has never had a talent like her before, ever. And it’s not only her ridiculous stats, it’s the way she plays, which we haven’t seen before in the womens college game.

FIFY
None of the attention she gets is unwarranted. WBB has never had a talent like her before, ever. And it’s not only her ridiculous stats, it’s the way she plays, which we haven’t seen before in the womens college game.
I agree 100% she earns the attention. And then some. But there are still people within the college ranks who resent the attention she gets.

It’d be so great if anyone ever read thru another thread to see if a topic has already been discussed to death. This happens daily with WBB content…I would not be surprised to see yet another thread about this tomorrow. Why is no one capable of reading, or at least using the search function?

Also lol at you fragile bros convinced every black woman is racist. Staley is bitter and maybe jealous but not racist. You can take a number of classes at the institution we all cheer for in the anthropology, poli sci, international studies departments etc to learn why that is. The irony of you guys pretending to be victims while complaining about Staley wanting to play the victim too lmaooo.

This encapsulates what’s (one of the reasons)wrong with our world today. Saying that someone can’t be racist because of the color of their skin(apparently the content of Dawn’s character can’t be discussed) is ignorant at best.

So, you're not up to date on what Staley said last year at the tournament. She is absolutely a racist.

Staley is racist tho......and it doesn't have much at all to do with Iowa.

Black people have called her racist for some of the dumb sh** she says. It happens. Deal with it.

Well, there just aren't as many good teams in women's basketball as there are in men's. There are more than there used to be, for sure, but there still aren't a lot.
Actually this year may be the most diverse in decades, with South Carolina still being the clear favorite.

Several strong teams in the PAC, ACC, B12, Big East, SEC and B10 although Indiana and OSU haven't quite hit their strides yet and Maryland has taken a massive step backwards.

The tournament should be a fun one once again, and my guess is you MAYBE see two of the same teams in the F4 this year.

I guarantee every department listed above is 90% registered democrats and 'woke' ones at that. Here in PHX, one of the liberal arts departments (sociology?) had something like 95 professors. I think a couple may be registered independent and 1 or 2 republicans. So the university profs are WAY left thinking.

• Haha
Reactions: LinusPF
I guarantee every department listed above is 90% registered democrats and 'woke' ones at that. Here in PHX, one of the liberal arts departments (sociology?) had something like 95 professors. I think a couple may be registered independent and 1 or 2 republicans. So the university profs are WAY left thinking.
Probably because they're educated

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT