ADVERTISEMENT

DeSantis...what is it with this guy?

Which ultimately dooms him in a general election.

If he gets the nomination I’d expect him to tamp down the rhetoric and try to shift to the center….he isn’t stupid…I don’t think it works.

Obviously a lot depends on who the Dems put against him
You gotta do whatever it takes to win the primary, or the general election doesn’t matter is the theory. And, he seems like a pugnacious douche. Like Trump he seems to relish being an a-hole to people in public. It’s hard to dial that down, or explain away every move he’s made.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
You gotta do whatever it takes to win the primary, or the general election doesn’t matter is the theory. And, he seems like a pugnacious douche. Like Trump he seems to relish being an a-hole to people in public. It’s hard to dial that down, or explain away every move he’s made.
Like him or not....he's a lot smarter than Trump and I think the D's realize that. He's a major threat. That's why Florida has been in the focus for a couple years now. "Oh my god the beaches are full, "don't say gay" and all the rest.

I think that attention has been incredibly counterproductive because prior to all this attention the guy didn't move the needle at all for the MAGA types but now he's got some street cred because the left obviously despises him...

If he's the R nominee it better not be Harris or Biden across from him on the debate stage...

I've listened to some of his press conferences....he ain't Trump. Like him or not he can actually talk his positions in depth unlike Trump. He can seem reasonable....something Trump can never do.

Making him public enemy 1A of the "left" or the D's isn't smart politics.

All that said...Trump still sinks him if he runs. He'd be choice #2 with the MAGA crowd.

(Edit: Not convinced re-election in Florida is a sure thing. His obvious grandstanding with eyes on 2024 rubs some folks the wrong way...folks who would vote for him without that)

Last edited:
Reactions: goldmom

Here is someone being honest about drag shows. It’s not High School cheerleading, and to suggest it is shows why we cannot have real conversations any more.
But you don't want a real conversation. Kids aren't doing blow and blow jobs after hours at these shows. Further, a lot of industries party. If after hours sex and drugs are your metrics then why aren't you complaining about the restaurant business? Foul language, drugs, and sex are very common behind the scenes at your favorite Olive Garden. Why do we allow kids there?

Like him or not....he's a lot smarter than Trump and I think the D's realize that. He's a major threat. That's why Florida has been in the focus for a couple years now. "Oh my god the beaches are full, "don't say gay" and all the rest.

I think that attention has been incredibly counterproductive because prior to all this attention the guy didn't move the needle at all for the MAGA types but now he's got some street cred because the left obviously despises him...

If he's the R nominee it better not be Harris or Biden across from him on the debate stage...

I've listened to some of his press conferences....he ain't Trump. Like him or not he can actually talk his positions in depth unlike Trump. He can seem reasonable....something Trump can never do.

Making him public enemy 1A of the "left" or the D's isn't smart politics.

All that said...Trump still sinks him if he runs. He'd be choice #2 with the MAGA crowd.

(Edit: Not convinced re-election in Florida is a sure thing. His obvious grandstanding with eyes on 2024 rubs some folks the wrong way...folks who would vote for him without that)
I don’t disagree with anything you’re posting. And I agree he’s made his re-election more challenging-but his opponents are not particularly strong. Nikki Fried is buffoonish and trashed by lots of uf grads who knew her back in the day, and Charlie Crist isn’t even being supported by his old college fraternity brothers who are a very successful, tight knit and widespread group across the state. I went to a fund raiser for him in 2005 held by some who are in that crew at a multi million dollar home in Tampa. A Who’s Who and included several uf grads as well. It’s safe to say they’ve moved on.
The Dems lack star quality candidates who can win the state at this point. They do well in SoFla (three counties) because of NY/NJ transplants and in Leon and Alachua because of state and University employees but are outnumbered just about everywhere else.

After the midterms we shall see how things are really shaping up for ‘24. More people are starting to understand that NO 80 year old should be POTUS.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
I don’t disagree with anything you’re posting. And I agree he’s made his re-election more challenging-but his opponents are not particularly strong. Nikki Fried is buffoonish and trashed by lots of uf grads who knew her back in the day, and Charlie Crist isn’t even being supported by his old college fraternity brothers who are a very successful, tight knit and widespread group across the state. I went to a fund raiser for him in 2005 held by some who are in that crew at a multi million dollar home in Tampa. A Who’s Who and included several uf grads as well. It’s safe to say they’ve moved on.
The Dems lack star quality candidates who can win the state at this point. They do well in SoFla (three counties) because of NY/NJ transplants and in Leon and Alachua because of state and University employees but are outnumbered just about everywhere else.

After the midterms we shall see how things are really shaping up for ‘24. More people are starting to understand that NO 80 year old should be POTUS.
The D’s better put up a quality candidate in 2024 if DeSantis is the R nominee.

Unless you actually listen to Desantis press conference it’s impossible to evaluate him as a candidate. (Talking D’s here)

He’ll be a formidable opponent on the debate stage.

Reactions: goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT