ADVERTISEMENT

Did I miss the JBo KO thread?

What's really bothersome is the use of our tax dollars to investigate and prosecute a technical crime that had no undeserving victim. Jesus Christ and Fanny Brice, could someone tell me when we became so uptight that a bar fight, in which a notorious smart ass finally ****s with the wrong big guy and takes a little thumping, requires the G to interfere? Are their no meth prosecutions in Johnson County? At least trolling for drunk drivers is taking a potential killer off the roads but a law enforcement response to college hi jinx like boys fighting is just a waste of our tax money.

Love Jordan as a player but we all know he is a legendary smartass. Usually some where around 3rd-7th grades we smart asses learn to not ridicule or taunt the guys that are out of our weight class. It's obviously taken Jordan a little longer. The other guy just didn't run up and attack Jordan out of the blue.

What's really bothersome is the use of our tax dollars to investigate and prosecute a technical crime that had no undeserving victim. Jesus Christ and Fanny Brice, could someone tell me when we became so uptight that a bar fight, in which a notorious smart ass finally ****s with the wrong big guy and takes a little thumping, requires the G to interfere? Are their no meth prosecutions in Johnson County? At least trolling for drunk drivers is taking a potential killer off the roads but a law enforcement response to college hi jinx like boys fighting is just a waste of our tax money.

Love Jordan as a player but we all know he is a legendary smartass. Usually some where around 3rd-7th grades we smart asses learn to not ridicule or taunt the guys that are out of our weight class. It's obviously taken Jordan a little longer. The other guy just didn't run up and attack Jordan out of the blue.
Wow that is just so much stupid and wrong with this post.....

Yeah lets just let people cold clock somebody when they don't see it coming and let them get off free from assaulting somebody.

Reactions: Franisdaman
As someone who was there, I can say definitively that ice was thrown by Bohannon from the balcony. That’s not just a rumor. Although to be fair, I would characterize it more as dropping ice cubes than as pitching them at people
thanks for sharing..so no beer bottles? so what say you (since you were there)...the throwing bottles is an classic lets embellish the story...

and for the ice cubes,,,he should have been tossed out by the establishment..Bohannon holds a little responsibilty for acting like a teenager... .the crime (dropping ice cubes) didnt fit a beat down by a 29 year old.

Mr. Whiskey's 'better world' is warped.

Reactions: mooresville hawk

I am amazed at the number of people who think it is OK to assault someone else. There are times that I have wanted to punch someone else, but there are consequences for doing so. Being charged with assault can be one of those consequences, especially now that everything is filmed by someone with a cell phone and posted on the internet.

Chances are better than average that NOTHING is true to ANY of the rumors that Jordan was behaving badly. I mean we have 6 years now of Jordan never getting into any sort of trouble. If he was throwing something at this party, they could have pressed charges, why haven't they? Was Jordan asked to leave? He wasn't, that would have come out. Nothing in that video gives any sort of indication that Jordan was behaving badly. He wasn't. There is no smoking gun. Just a kid who got a cheap shot and was assaulted. More than anything else, the chances that Jordan was doing this act specifically towards Nick Kron are extremely slim. Anyone still banging on Jordan at this point aren't Iowa fans and we just need to accept that.
So your so sure that some guy just chose to sucker punch Jbo out of the clear blue sky for no reason, is that right? Did you happen to be there that evening, because there are people posting here who were, supposedly, and they are saying that he was in fact doing those things. I'd say that your scenario is the one thats WAY less likely.. Lets be honest, the guy has a history, around Iowa City for acting privaleged. Then theres the deal the last time they played in Hilton. Yes as a Hawk fan it was funny, and something we brushed off. But it also shows the kind of guy he is. A douche and an instigator. I mean ask yourself truthfully. If some clone had done that in Carver would it not have set off a bunch of Hawk fans, players, etc...???

Last edited:
I care more about things being right in this world... now that's hilarious.

even if Bohannon was out of line (I wasnt there so I don't pretend to know what Bohannon did or said) .. what I can see with my own eyes is he got assaulted...in a "right world" that's against the law, thus the reason the 29 year old has been charged.

Seems since you care about a 'right world' you'd be at least be equally concerned with an assault versus a lawsuit. In a right world ... no one has the right to hit another someone in the head...period.

"Are their no meth prosecutions in Johnson County? At least trolling for drunk drivers is taking a potential killer off the roads but a law enforcement response to college hi jinx like boys fighting is just a waste of our tax money."

Are you familiar with the county attorney? If I were law enforcement it would be tough to care the way she plea bargains. Guy steals a car, kidnaps a kid and gets time served and a $65 fine. Read what some of the gun shot crimes get reduced to. Don't want the %'s to look bad but heaven forbid if you are 19 and you are caught in a bar past the mandated crime. Talk about wasting tax payer dollars.

Reactions: Herkyhawk247
I am amazed at the number of people who think it is OK to assault someone else. There are times that I have wanted to punch someone else, but there are consequences for doing so. Being charged with assault can be one of those consequences, especially now that everything is filmed by someone with a cell phone and posted on the internet.

Of course its OK to assault people-by people I mean actual men and boys-than a strict application of the law allows. I don't know what makes you want to punch people but maybe you should have launched.

Moreover, do the number of people that disagree with you give you pause to consider you might be wrong? Sometimes a little violence is just what the situation demands.

Experience has taught me that 100% of people who get knocked TF out in public will refer to the incident as "a sucker punch."

lol

John Lennon wrote a song about situations like this. The karma wasn't instant but I did hear that Kron signed his shoes and left them at the scene.

Last edited:
"Are their no meth prosecutions in Johnson County? At least trolling for drunk drivers is taking a potential killer off the roads but a law enforcement response to college hi jinx like boys fighting is just a waste of our tax money."

Are you familiar with the county attorney? If I were law enforcement it would be tough to care the way she plea bargains. Guy steals a car, kidnaps a kid and gets time served and a $65 fine. Read what some of the gun shot crimes get reduced to. Don't want the %'s to look bad but heaven forbid if you are 19 and you are caught in a bar past the mandated crime. Talk about wasting tax payer dollars.

The irony in that situation is spectacular. This country is so over policed the Framers are clawing to escape their graves. Not just the institutional "intelligence community" but the number of laws that widen the governments net at every level.

I've been a lawyer for 36 years and watched as ever more private and family matters are swept into the law; the protection of various financial interests become engrained in law. And there is always someone on a public payroll there to enforce some of the ridiculous shit that consumes judges and court time. Plus, an entirely parallel administrative law system for the enormous number of regulations that can be arbitrarily and capriciously enforced.

Reactions: Raptorpeeps
The irony in that situation is spectacular. This country is so over policed the Framers are clawing to escape their graves. Not just the institutional "intelligence community" but the number of laws that widen the governments net at every level.

I've been a lawyer for 36 years and watched as ever more private and family matters are swept into the law; the protection of various financial interests become engrained in law. And there is always someone on a public payroll there to enforce some of the ridiculous shit that consumes judges and court time. Plus, an entirely parallel administrative law system for the enormous number of regulations that can be arbitrarily and capriciously enforced.
I don't disagree with this.
Do you feel that the county attorney in Johnson County is doing a good job?

Not wanting the police to investigate an assault because of freedom or something, is mighty stupid.

Experience has taught me that 100% of people who get knocked TF out in public will refer to the incident as "a sucker punch."

lol

I've seen some of them coming. One night at a shitty townny bar this young college aged pig farmer was in town and I was making jokes about pig shit and farmers in general-being a smart ass. That kid stood up and just drew a slow aim right at the middle of my face, like slow motion. I was so wasted I couldn't even lift my arms to cover my face so at the last split second I ducked and he only got me on the forehead. I felt like a cow getting hit by a bolt gun. I have been told that I kind of spun around twice and went down on my knees.

I never ridiculed any farmers after that-lesson learned. That kid turned out to be alright. We ran into him about a month later in Wellman. What could I do-just looked at him and laughed.

• Haha
Reactions: Raptorpeeps
It's absolutely amazing how many idiots actually believe this to be true.
I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm.
thanks for sharing..so no beer bottles? so what say you (since you were there)...the throwing bottles is an classic lets embellish the story...

and for the ice cubes,,,he should have been tossed out by the establishment..Bohannon holds a little responsibilty for acting like a teenager... .the crime (dropping ice cubes) didnt fit a beat down by a 29 year old.

Mr. Whiskey's 'better world' is warped.
Jordan bohannon is 24 years old.

Not wanting the police to investigate an assault because of freedom or something, is mighty stupid.

First of all, its a battery. Do you want law enforcement resources devoted to investigating a bar fight into which the "victim" taunted the aggressor? That's all they'd be doing. There used to be a defense of "fighting words."

Of course I would want some unprovoked attack on a stranger, or a premeditated ambush being investigated. What I don't want investigated is a fight between two probably drunk young men that results in nothing more serious than a fat lip or black eye. Its impractical, because placing young men in close proximity with alcohol and young women (most stupid shit in bars happens because one or more guys is trying to impress a specific girl) and you get one or two punch fights-since the beginning of our species I'd guess. The law will not change behavior that is so instinctive in almost every man.

It's distracting because law enforcement is not using its resources to target crimes of a larger and more public concern, like meth in Iowa.

It's also invasive of freedom, although I was not making that point about battery laws in general. That assailant is going into an FBI data base for life now. Why? Because he punched a taunting smart ass outside a bar when he was probably drunk, and still in his 20s? Given the problems confronting our society, our economy-especially spending on "the public" I think we, as a culture, can afford to overlook incidents like Jordan's.​

Of course its OK to assault people-by people I mean actual men and boys-than a strict application of the law allows. I don't know what makes you want to punch people but maybe you should have launched.

Moreover, do the number of people that disagree with you give you pause to consider you might be wrong? Sometimes a little violence is just what the situation demands.

I am old and smart enough to understand that violence is not the answer. There are multiple reports every week about an altercation escalating to the point where someone is shot and sometimes killed during an altercation. It is not worth it, especially for something as childish as was being reported in this situation on this website.

First of all, its a battery. Do you want law enforcement resources devoted to investigating a bar fight into which the "victim" taunted the aggressor? That's all they'd be doing. There used to be a defense of "fighting words."

Of course I would want some unprovoked attack on a stranger, or a premeditated ambush being investigated. What I don't want investigated is a fight between two probably drunk young men that results in nothing more serious than a fat lip or black eye. Its impractical, because placing young men in close proximity with alcohol and young women (most stupid shit in bars happens because one or more guys is trying to impress a specific girl) and you get one or two punch fights-since the beginning of our species I'd guess. The law will not change behavior that is so instinctive in almost every man.

It's distracting because law enforcement is not using its resources to target crimes of a larger and more public concern, like meth in Iowa.

It's also invasive of freedom, although I was not making that point about battery laws in general. That assailant is going into an FBI data base for life now. Why? Because he punched a taunting smart ass outside a bar when he was probably drunk, and still in his 20s? Given the problems confronting our society, our economy-especially spending on "the public" I think we, as a culture, can afford to overlook incidents like Jordan's.​

There is a solution to this. Do not take the bait and punch someone. Contact someone at the bar and ask them to address the situation. There can be consequences to punching someone. I would hope that someone who is 29 years old would realize this. This has nothing to do with Jordan being a Hawkeye.

There is a solution to this. Do not take the bait and punch someone. Contact someone at the bar and ask them to address the situation. There can be consequences to punching someone. I would hope that someone who is 29 years old would realize this. This has nothing to do with Jordan being a Hawkeye.
You hope a 29 year old would know this? Do you remember your 20s? A 29 year old knocked out a 24 year old for being a dick and impacting a wedding party and your placing zero on the 24 year old?

You hope a 29 year old would know this? Do you remember your 20s? A 29 year old knocked out a 24 year old for being a dick and impacting a wedding party and your placing zero on the 24 year old?

No, I am not. I have said that I do not condone what Jordan did if he was dropping ice on people as has been reported on this site. I have also said that Kron should not have taken the bait and hit Jordan. My comments have been about Kron being charged with assault, which some of you are trying to excuse as boys being boys and Jordan deserving what he got.

Apparently, the police and DA do not agree with this line of thinking since Kron has been charged with assault. I thought that some of you would walk back your line of thinking on this once the police investigation led to assault charges. Apparently, some of you guys know better than the police, who I hear are wasting tax payer dollars.

Also, I do remember what it was like to be in my 20’s. I also know that some people tend to get aggressive when they are drinking. Fortunately, I mellowed out when I was younger and drank and did not get “beer muscles.” Being young and drunk does not excuse punching someone. It also does not excuse acting stupid

Last edited:

You act like you have all the facts of what happened prior to the cowardly sucker punch.

News flash: You don't.

The only thing we have are rumors. And why are you taking those rumors and turning them into fact?

You act like you have all the facts of what happened prior to the cowardly sucker punch.

News flash: You don't.

The only thing we have are rumors. And why are you taking those rumors and turning them into fact?
There have been enough rumors I believe them to be true and if you watch the video the person recording Jordan had been a douche during that time frame as well. I'm picking my side of the fence and I would rather take my chances a notorious asshole was being an asshole than be an enabler to a toxic ****.

More if's..............

My god, you are such a clown.

You simply don't know what happened prior to the cowardly sucker punch.
Die on this hill of you want. Jordan bohannon is a douche and got what he deserved. (And then got ****ing lawyers like a bitch) He will win, this nick kid will catch charge and an entitled prick will be smug for 10 minutes but for the rest of his life people will know he is an arrogant **** who got laid out and mommy and daddies money bailed him out. Again, I hope that old farmer goes all in and goes back after bohannon. Right shouldn't be determined by money and getting punched for impeding someone's happiness is right in my book.

There have been enough rumors I believe them to be true and if you watch the video the person recording Jordan had been a douche during that time frame as well. I'm picking my side of the fence and I would rather take my chances a notorious asshole was being an asshole than be an enabler to a toxic ****.

No one's surprised that you believe the rumors

It's pretty clear that it would take a notorious asshole like yourself to know another one. I don't think JBo is at your level yet, however.

Reactions: HawkGem10
No one's surprised that you believe the rumors

It's pretty clear that it would take a notorious asshole like yourself to know another one. I don't think JBo is at your level yet, however.

Bag on me, someone you know nothing about to defend a notorious douche because he plays for the hawks.

Enabler.

Last edited:
Die on this hill of you want. Jordan bohannon is a douche and got what he deserved. (And then got ****ing lawyers like a bitch) He will win, this nick kid will catch charge and an entitled prick will be smug for 10 minutes but for the rest of his life people will know he is an arrogant **** who got laid out and mommy and daddies money bailed him out. Again, I hope that old farmer goes all in and goes back after bohannon. Right shouldn't be determined by money and getting punched for impeding someone's happiness is right in my book.

Again, anyone with some common sense would wait until the facts come out.

You clearly are lacking common sense & obviously don't like JBo.

And I doubt you have read many books in your lifetime.

Again, anyone with some common sense would wait until the facts come out.

You clearly are lacking common sense & obviously don't like JBo.

And I doubt you have read many books in your lifetime.

If you think message boards wait for facts you are dumber than you look. I'm calling my shot. Im quite comfortable with my education and career path, you can take your pisspants book reading comments and your never won shit resume and stick it up your ass fran.

If you think message boards wait for facts you are dumber than you look. I'm calling my shot. Im quite comfortable with my education and career path, you can take your pisspants book reading comments and your never won shit resume and stick it up your ass fran.

Well, you have clearly demonstrated time after time in this thread how dumb you are.

Congratulations.

No, I am not. I have said that I do not condone what Jordan did if he was dropping ice on people as has been reported on this site. I have also said that Kron should not have taken the bait and hit Jordan. My comments have been about Kron being charged with assault, which some of you are trying to excuse as boys being boys and Jordan deserving what he got.

Apparently, the police and DA do not agree with this line of thinking since Kron has been charged with assault. I thought that some of you would walk back your line of thinking on this once the police investigation led to assault charges. Apparently, some of you guys know better than the police, who I hear are wasting tax payer dollars.

Also, I do remember what it was like to be in my 20’s. I also know that some people tend to get aggressive when they are drinking. Fortunately, I mellowed out when I was younger and drank and did not get “beer muscles.” Being young and drunk does not excuse punching someone. It also does not excuse acting stupid

You are talking from the mature perspective. Part of learning the general futility of fighting, other than it was just fun sometimes, is being in fights. Our 20s is usually the time we learn that lesson, although my last altercation was 32 and largely in self defense.

I am going to steal "beer muscles", always heard "whiskey courage" or "liquid courage" but I like it. Its usually those guys that end up on the ground learning the valuable lesson that one's toughness does not correlate to one's alcohol consumption.

Here's a scenario:

One young guy is 6' 180. Other young guy is 6'3" or 6'4" and probably 200.

First young guy is the back door man for second young guy's "girl friend".

Second young guy let's it be known that he is going to kick first young guy's ass at some time, presumably where the situation favors the second guy.

If you're the first guy do you:

A Wait for the circumstances to favor the second guy, like a face up fight, during which the first guy gets his ass kicked.

B. Wait until the second guy is urinating over a urinal trough and bring one from the floor into the back of the second guy's head and administer a beat down sufficient to impress upon the second guy that the first guy is not someone to threaten.

Let's stop all this bullshit "sucker punch" talk too. Its not a sucker punch when you've got some shout down going with some other people. Jordan should have been looking around for someone that looked like they were going to let one go. If you find yourself in a confrontation and you don't get hit from behind its not a sucker punch, its just the first punch.

Let's stop all this bullshit "sucker punch" talk too. Its not a sucker punch when you've got some shout down going with some other people. Jordan should have been looking around for someone that looked like they were going to let one go. If you find yourself in a confrontation and you don't get hit from behind its not a sucker punch, its just the first punch.

it was a sucker punch.

and you are defending the coward who threw it.

and now the coward is in legal trouble, and rightfully so.

so, it is you who needs to stop with all all bullshit.

Reactions: HawkGem10
it was a sucker punch.

and you are defending the coward who threw it.

and now the coward is in legal trouble, and rightfully so.

so, it is you who needs to stop with all all bullshit.

C'mon. I love the Hawks, especially Jordan, but not so much I've lost my mind. Black and gold heroin surely cannot get you so high as to think this incident is either significant or that Jordan didn't provoke the fight by taunting those people earlier, and then stop to run his yap at them outside the bar.

A sucker punch happens when the punched has no reason to believe they might get punched. When you're in scrum or line up of yapping outside a bar you are aware, or at least should be, punches may fly-as they usually do in such circumstances. Circumstantial awareness, important to remember where you are when having words.

How can one be "suckered" by a punch that comes from the front from someone with whom you're already in an intoxicated quarrel.

I know I wasn't the only one involved in bar room or ped mall fisticuffs in the late 70s or early 80s in Iowa City because I witnessed far more I engaged. I'm not saying anything revolutionary. Most boys, have had some kind of fighting experience, usually some harmless junior high punching or equally harmless scrumming in a bar. They learn all the lessons I'm talking about, including what to do when you are pushed or paint yourself into a corner.

If I'm Jordan this year I round up for or five really tough looking ex football players as body guards and then strut around inside Ames bars like I owned the place. Maybe have an ex band kid play the fight song when Jordan enters the Cyclown bar. On football game day of course.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT