ADVERTISEMENT

Did I miss the JBo KO thread?

Experience has taught me that 100% of people who get knocked TF out in public will refer to the incident as "a sucker punch."

lol

John Lennon wrote a song about situations like this. The karma wasn't instant but I did hear that Kron signed his shoes and left them at the scene.

It's like the episode of The Brady Bunch, when Peter decks the kid who's picking on Cindy for her lisp. Hell, they couldn't even air that episode today.
Buddy picks on Cindy, Peter tells him to knock it off or else, Buddy keeps it up, Peter pops Buddy, and Buddy stops picking on Cindy. End of story.
Sometimes people get what they have coming to them in the right amount. I'm not saying Jordan "had it coming" because I wasn't there and don't know. I do know him and think he's overall a good person, but lately he's got a too few many "hype men" around him and it's gotten to him, not in a good way.

Reactions: Raptorpeeps
It's like the episode of The Brady Bunch, when Peter decks the kid who's picking on Cindy for her lisp. Hell, they couldn't even air that episode today.
Buddy picks on Cindy, Peter tells him to knock it off or else, Buddy keeps it up, Peter pops Buddy, and Buddy stops picking on Cindy. End of story.
Sometimes people get what they have coming to them in the right amount. I'm not saying Jordan "had it coming" because I wasn't there and don't know. I do know him and think he's overall a good person, but lately he's got a too few many "hype men" around him and it's gotten to him, not in a good way.

anytime someone invokes the "Do you even know who I am?" stuff.... they've moved into a-hole territory.

My understanding is there are not a lot of people wanting to be around Jordan.

I do not recall the episode that you are referencing, but I believe that Peter, Cindy and Buddy were all less than 15 years old when this occurred. I would have hoped that 24 and 29 year old individuals would know better.

I learned all of my lessons in life from Opie Taylor ... :)

I hate this move from the Bohannon Family. Most people had forgot and moved on. Your son was acting like an asshole and got punched. Punched, after being confronted, tapped on the shoulder, and then spoken too. I care more about things being right in this world than blindly cheering for a guy because he has played for a team I like. I hope the Kron family fights this to the fullest extent.
So you're supporting violence because someone's words. What are you a 7th grader or Chicago thug? So if you get stomped outside Menards for running your mouth you must have it coming right? #Troll Get back under the bridge...

So you're supporting violence because someone's words. What are you a 7th grader or Chicago thug? So if you get stomped outside Menards for running your mouth you must have it coming right? #Troll Get back under the bridge...
I believe an asshole throwing ice at a wedding party deserves to get chinned forbeing a selfish prick. If that's more than you are capable of understanding take your hashtag and your opinion and shove it squarely up your rectum guy who calls someone a 7th grader and then uses a hashtag.

I believe an asshole throwing ice at a wedding party deserves to get chinned forbeing a selfish prick. If that's more than you are capable of understanding take your hashtag and your opinion and shove it squarely up your rectum guy who calls someone a 7th grader and then uses a hashtag.
#whitetrash

Reactions: Franisdaman

Chicago thug? Seriously? When that’s completely irrelevant to an entitled douche getting punched by an irrational hot head, both privileged White kids from Iowa?

Stay classy…

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Chances are better than average that NOTHING is true to ANY of the rumors that Jordan was behaving badly. I mean we have 6 years now of Jordan never getting into any sort of trouble. If he was throwing something at this party, they could have pressed charges, why haven't they? Was Jordan asked to leave? He wasn't, that would have come out. Nothing in that video gives any sort of indication that Jordan was behaving badly. He wasn't. There is no smoking gun. Just a kid who got a cheap shot and was assaulted. More than anything else, the chances that Jordan was doing this act specifically towards Nick Kron are extremely slim. Anyone still banging on Jordan at this point aren't Iowa fans and we just need to accept that.
My eyes rolled so far back in my head they fell out on the floor. It's almost as if you likely have a one-sided agenda here.

It's well established that bohannon is a little bit of a douchebag. I have a little doubt he was being a douchebag and you can absolutely see in the video that he was being a douchebag. That's not even debatable

The irony in that situation is spectacular. This country is so over policed the Framers are clawing to escape their graves. Not just the institutional "intelligence community" but the number of laws that widen the governments net at every level.

I've been a lawyer for 36 years and watched as ever more private and family matters are swept into the law; the protection of various financial interests become engrained in law. And there is always someone on a public payroll there to enforce some of the ridiculous shit that consumes judges and court time. Plus, an entirely parallel administrative law system for the enormous number of regulations that can be arbitrarily and capriciously enforced.
Eric Garner is a perfect example. If not for a stupid law police officers wouldn't be called to enforce it.

First of all, its a battery. Do you want law enforcement resources devoted to investigating a bar fight into which the "victim" taunted the aggressor? That's all they'd be doing. There used to be a defense of "fighting words."

Of course I would want some unprovoked attack on a stranger, or a premeditated ambush being investigated. What I don't want investigated is a fight between two probably drunk young men that results in nothing more serious than a fat lip or black eye. Its impractical, because placing young men in close proximity with alcohol and young women (most stupid shit in bars happens because one or more guys is trying to impress a specific girl) and you get one or two punch fights-since the beginning of our species I'd guess. The law will not change behavior that is so instinctive in almost every man.

It's distracting because law enforcement is not using its resources to target crimes of a larger and more public concern, like meth in Iowa.

It's also invasive of freedom, although I was not making that point about battery laws in general. That assailant is going into an FBI data base for life now. Why? Because he punched a taunting smart ass outside a bar when he was probably drunk, and still in his 20s? Given the problems confronting our society, our economy-especially spending on "the public" I think we, as a culture, can afford to overlook incidents like Jordan's.​
My thoughts exactly

Your prior failed post wasn't hilarious, but the one above is actually sort of funny. A really good troll post is similar to really good humor. A good joke is more funny when there is some truth to it. There is no truth in your portrayal of me. You missed on every item. Not even close.

I'm not quite sure how me saying you posted something dumb has turned into a warped vision about a school shooting. That shit isn't funny.

However, what I do find hilarious is how you trolled yourself. Going from big bad barroom brawler to: I need to check with my Facebook buddies for reassurance that I'm funny or not, is an impressive self trolling that I haven't seen before. I raise my glass to you. I can't pull that off.

Good luck to you. If we ever meet in person, I'll buy you a drink.
Big bad brawler, heaven's no. Stand my ground when threatened, yes-although frequently without success. Like Jordan I am a wise ass, and about the same size. The objects of my humor, you for example, frequently have a different reaction when in my presence and intoxicated. So I've absorbed more blows than I've taken, and refought Balaclava a few times. Been afraid of the ass kicking I knew was on its way a few times. But I have never fled. Well, once. A drunk butter face chased me up that wide sidewalk on Burlington in her VW Beetle at 430 AM, but that is truly a story for another day. I'm not bragging about being a tough fighter, just a tenacious guy that stands up to others and thinks its pretty much OK for others to do the same to about the same extent. I think it is you that have misunderstood me.

Is this breakdown in communication a language issue? Are you by any chance a French national? French immigrant? You sound an awful lot like that train load of Frenchies paralyzed by fear of a single terrorist. So three American boys, who probably grew up with a few HS or bar fights under their belt, took out the Jihadi. Mon Français n’est plus si bon, mais nous pouvons utiliser votre langue maternelle si nous préférons.

If you are in my age group and and spent much time in bars and never been in a fight that means either you've lived a charmed life and was never confronted by some drunk asshole looking for trouble or you ran when confronted. Real life confrontations, and most are by no means physical and do not end with youth, quickly funnel into a single binary decision: fight or flight.

The fight option has traditionally been the American boy's preference. That is why three American young men could take down a Jihadi when a train load of Frenchmen were afraid to even try.

I'd take that drink. Lemonade though, I am a teetotaler and have avoided the demon rum since 93. Its part of my life of unparalleled virtue.​

Eric Garner is a perfect example. If not for a stupid law police officers wouldn't be called to enforce it.

Perfect example. Even worse than the ridiculous law itself, it is an enforcement priority in NYC. The cig tax revenue is a major Di Blasio priority. You think the New York, City, County and State have some bigger problems on its hands than poor people buying smokes in small quantities instead of a $20 pack?

Wouldn't it be fun to page through the Code with a sharpie? Then the Regs?

Haaa. Silly on me. I do almost entirely civil cases, where assault and battery are distinct claims and was thinking about that iteration of assault and battery. Hate it when a cocky remark backfires. Notch that victory, they're rare against the old Dog and I'm told it feels good when it happens.​

Reactions: WSC72
While you guys continue to posture and spit at each other, perhaps we can agree on a couple of things?

Assault (not self defense) is not cool.

JBo acted like a douche and precipitated this whole chain of events...so to some degree he's responsible for what happened in the end.

If you've never actually been in a fight I'm not sure how qualified you are to judge what is normal masculine behavior. In fact, you don't really sound very masculine at all.

In the hopes of elevating your self concept of masculinity, this number is dedicated to you

I know a lot more idiots that have been in bar fights than intelligent people. I avoided them in my youth wherever possible. I broke up a few of them, and one time I picked up a friend of mine and carried him out of a bar so that he wouldn't deck someone else. There is no reason to pick a fight in a bar unless you are just plain stupid.

While you guys continue to posture and spit at each other, perhaps we can agree on a couple of things?

Assault (not self defense) is not cool.

JBo acted like a douche and precipitated this whole chain of events...so to some degree he's responsible for what happened in the end.
No. The offended party should have had him thrown out of the bar. Assaulting him was taking it a step beyond what is legal. What if he had hit his head on something hard enough to cause permanent injury? Would anything have warranted that? Use your head.

I know a lot more idiots that have been in bar fights than intelligent people. I avoided them in my youth wherever possible. I broke up a few of them, and one time I picked up a friend of mine and carried him out of a bar so that he wouldn't deck someone else. There is no reason to pick a fight in a bar unless you are just plain stupid.
And not wearing a mask, sorry just couldn’t help myself

Make it about geography then, buddy. Chicago has nothing to do with this, and the poster I quoted came across as close-minded and small by saying that.
I compared your bad morals, in approving violence because feelings are hurt, to
Chicago violence. Lot of similarities between the two and both are quite "douche"

I also suggested that violence in response to words is immature and middle School behavior.

Last edited:

No it can be kind of fun. I mean, not when you're on the ground getting kicked in the ribs, but generally speaking a little high spirited alcohol induced action can be invigorating.

It also helps with girls. Not all girls, of course but there are some that just cannot help sympathizing and "seeing if you're OK" if you're the guy on the ground and some are just wildcats that dig the fighting (like the girls that dig motorcycles).

I'll agree with you on this, picking a fight is stupid. It means you either a bully, the idiot that wants to take on the toughest guy around (beer muscles) that usually discovers why their combatant is the toughest guy around, or the idiot that picks on a big guy thinking the big guy won't deck 'em.

"I avoided them in my youth wherever possible." So you know it isn't always possible to avoid the altercation. Perhaps, more importantly you probably have a general idea of what to do when confronted by the reality that you are either going to show the bottom of your Sperries or stand up, throw the big one and see what happens.

No it can be kind of fun. I mean, not when you're on the ground getting kicked in the ribs, but generally speaking a little high spirited alcohol induced action can be invigorating.

It also helps with girls. Not all girls, of course but there are some that just cannot help sympathizing and "seeing if you're OK" if you're the guy on the ground and some are just wildcats that dig the fighting (like the girls that dig motorcycles).

I'll agree with you on this, picking a fight is stupid. It means you either a bully, the idiot that wants to take on the toughest guy around (beer muscles) that usually discovers why their combatant is the toughest guy around, or the idiot that picks on a big guy thinking the big guy won't deck 'em.

"I avoided them in my youth wherever possible." So you know it isn't always possible to avoid the altercation. Perhaps, more importantly you probably have a general idea of what to do when confronted by the reality that you are either going to show the bottom of your Sperries or stand up, throw the big one and see what happens.
Weird post.

Reactions: iahawks10
No. The offended party should have had him thrown out of the bar. Assaulting him was taking it a step beyond what is legal. What if he had hit his head on something hard enough to cause permanent injury? Would anything have warranted that? Use your head.
apparently you didn't read what you copied into your post.

Assault is not cool (would justified or acceptable have made you happy?). Same idea. Use your head.

apparently you didn't read what you copied into your post.

Assault is not cool (would justified or acceptable have made you happy?). Same idea. Use your head.
You said:
In no way does what JoBo did make him responsible for someone assaulting him. Not to any degree.

Well then you just aren't paying sufficiently close attention. Or perhaps you did not understand what you were writing.

This all comes down to a simple proposition, and it applied to Jordan. Every altercation, probably ever, ultimately reaches the point where your option is a binary choice of flight or fight. Flight might be the smarter choice, and really smart kids tend to shy away from the bar scene and verbal conflict anyway, in the short term but it is never the better choice in the long run.

And from that proposition the conclusions I draw are simple minimal injury school and bar fights do not require government interference even if it is technically criminal; and, toughening up is what you gain from learning to stand your ground in the face of a physical threat which in turn teaches you to be tough when confronted with conflict with much more serious consequences than a fat lip or black eye.​
So...if someone doesn't like what you look like or what you said and they sucker punch you then kick you when you are down...that's just a lesson to be learned? Right...

You said:

In no way does what JoBo did make him responsible for someone assaulting him. Not to any degree.

No doubt the guy who assaulted him was in the wrong and it should never have happened. I didn't say it was justified.

Also no doubt, that it never would have happened had JBo not set the whole chain of events into motion with his actions.

It's possible for both things to be true... and they are.

Last edited:
So...if someone doesn't like what you look like or what you said and they sucker punch you then kick you when you are down...that's just a lesson to be learned? Right...
For some guys, absolutely. They don't otherwise learn when to just shut up and make a new plan, Stan. Some people don't listen (boys) so they have to feel. A sharp shot to the mouth is sometimes the very necessary educational tool to improve the smart ass's courtesy and politesse.

Of course its not OK to punch someone because you don't like what they have to say or look-unless ridiculing and taunting the person who eventually throws the punch because their hippie girl friend with unshaved legs and thicker pit hair than a man, for an hour or so. Said picked on hippie, being insulted in front of his girl friend or wife, could leave with the knowledge he'd let some smart ass drive him away-fleeing-or he could summon the pride to at least stand up to the taunting smart ass. You're the hippie, what do you do? Complaining to the manager probably won't help.

Its even OK to sucker punch someone if you know a confrontation is inevitable. Social circles are like small towns, news travels fast. You consistently hear someone much larger is going to kick your ass do you sit around and await the beat down, or do you launch a preemptive attack, best delivered from behind, to both overcome the big guy doing the threatening and let others know that you are not one to be threatened, lest others develop similar ideas in the unknowable future. Cops cannot help unless you were personally threatened and you cannot possibly predict every future situation in which you might find yourself nose to chin with some big guy that takes his romantic relationship far more seriously than his girl friend does where the big guy just kicks the shit out of you. Then the cops can do nothing but maybe call an ambulance. Maybe the big guy does 30 days but you've still got the broken nose and the bruised ribs.

You're the threatened smaller guy, what do you do?

Real world scenarios. Gotta make a decision in a matter of seconds.

For some reason I have a suspicion that this is the type of "fatherly wisdom" imparted upon Nick Kron in his formative years. And look where Nick is now...

there was a similar case in MN. It was after bar closing. A bouncer was talking to a girl outside the bar. The jealous gal's boyfriend confronted him. Then someone out of nowhere hit the bouncer, knocking him out before his head hit pavement. Well, the bouncer's brain began to swell and they had to remove a portion of his skull to relieve the pressure. He now can't work and is having to relearn how to talk, walk, etc. His life will never be the same.

And imagine the life for the guy who threw the sucker punch. Legal bills, jail time, civil law suit, wage garnishments, etc.

Reactions: Hawkdiver
there was a similar case in MN. It was after bar closing. A bouncer was talking to a girl outside the bar. The jealous gal's boyfriend confronted him. Then someone out of nowhere hit the bouncer, knocking him out before his head hit pavement. Well, the bouncer's brain began to swell and they had to remove a portion of his skull to relieve the pressure. He now can't work and is having to relearn how to talk, walk, etc. His life will never be the same.

And imagine the life for the guy who threw the sucker punch. Legal bills, jail time, civil law suit, wage garnishments, etc.
Nelson?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT