ADVERTISEMENT

Directv - Streaming?

St. Louis Hawk

HR Legend
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
Any of you magnificent bastards on DirecTV satellite? Anyone made the switch to DirecTV streaming or another streaming service(s)?

Any recs?

Want to be able to see Golf Channel, Big Ten Network, and ESPN channels at a minimum.

TIA below:

I just made switch from DirecTV satellite to YouTubeTV.

No complaints from me. Unlimited DVR is nice. Mobile app much better than DirectTV. Plus not paying $150. / $200 a month

Reactions: BelemNole
Yep, YouTube TV has all those, including 4 ESPN channels.

It's not as affordable as it used to be, but still a good value, and I've found it to be steady and reliable. The unlimited DVR is a definite plus.

Other nice thing about YTTV: How easy it is to cancel, pause, start or resume service.

I'll add the extra sports feature thing in the Fall to get NFL Redzone, once the regular season is over, 30 seconds to end the sports feature from the app on your phone. No calling in or anything like that.

In the Spring without football and baseball is on, I'll pause the service for a few months and then easily resume again in the summer.

That said, it's probably equally easy for newer services like Hulu, and maybe Directv Streaming will also be that way.

I know I’m in the minority but I prefer Fubo to YouTube tv. I need my marquee sports network.

I still have Directv satellite. Thought about switching to YouTube but Direc offered me a 70/month discount which makes it cheaper than streaming.

We too have Youtube TV and we get 3 devices. Not sure if there are options to have more. We only use 2 TVs, so my in-laws use ours as well, unless we are traveling and log in on another tv/device. They are cheap; but, if you wanted to be cheap, you could share it with others

We too have Youtube TV and we get 3 devices. Not sure if there are options to have more. We only use 2 TVs, so my in-laws use ours as well, unless we are traveling and log in on another tv/device. They are cheap; but, if you wanted to be cheap, you could share it with others
If you get the 4k package you get unlimited devices. I had added my parents to my account last year when they moved into a new home but dad was leaving Fox News running on every TV in the house and when we'd turn on our TV it would cut one of his off and he'd call me asking what was wrong with the dumb TV. So I subbed to 4k and now he's happy in the disinformation zone.

• Haha
Reactions: Brian_Fantana
Youtube TV. I'm signed into the app on my Iphone and watch the basketball/baseball games on my phone while working at my desk. I was stuck at a volleyball tournament last weekend and watched the women's basketball from my phone there as well.

If you get the 4k package you get unlimited devices. I had added my parents to my account last year when they moved into a new home but dad was leaving Fox News running on every TV in the house and when we'd turn on our TV it would cut one of his off and he'd call me asking what was wrong with the dumb TV. So I subbed to 4k and now he's happy in the disinformation zone.
I did not know that. Good to know

And for the OP - looks like you could get NFL Sunday ticket included as a new user

Any of you magnificent bastards on DirecTV satellite? Anyone made the switch to DirecTV streaming or another streaming service(s)?

Any recs?

Want to be able to see Golf Channel, Big Ten Network, and ESPN channels at a minimum.

TIA below:

I have it and like the service although it's more costly than many others. I'm so used to using channel numbers to find my favorite networks that services like Youtube and Hulu are frustrating to me.

I have it and have had it for a few years. I am happy with it. I use AT&T for cell service so get something like $15/month discount. Also, AT&T owns HBO as well, so get HBO and Max for $5.99/month. Been very easy and economical for me.

Reactions: gohawks50
It's not 3 devices it's 3 simultaneous streams on TVs. We have it on 6 TVs in our house and share it with our daughter. We also use it when we travel. Rarely an issue of needing a 4th stream at one time.

Reactions: Brian_Fantana
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT