ADVERTISEMENT

DJ has Hawkeyes in Top 6

hawkeyeguy69

HR All-American
Oct 1, 2001
Iowa makes the cut. Go Hawks! Go Fran! Getting DJ Carton would be Huge. This would put us on the map. I am certain of it. He has shown he has the offensive ability. And he looks to be quick enough to play some superior defense(fingers crossed). We have everything else covered well...just missing a player like Carton.

He has Iowa, Xavier, Indiana, OSU, Michigan and Marquette. Tough competition. But that is what I like about Fran, he goes after what he wants regardless. He is aggressive. Love it.

DJ lists Hawkeyes among some top teams.

Last edited:
Did I miss something? I thought Wisconsin was our biggest competition on this week be.

Gotta hope that family attending games and being close is important to him.

Yep. Seems like family is very important to him. But, so are his NBA dreams. Could be a head vs. heart situation. But he's clearly eliminated every other school where his parents could easily attend all home games. We're the last program standing in that regard.

Xavier though. When did they offer? That's a head scratcher.

Reactions: GlenHawk
Yep. Seems like family is very important to him. But, so are his NBA dreams. Could be a head vs. heart situation. But he's clearly eliminated every other school where his parents could easily attend all home games. We're the last program standing in that regard.

Xavier though. When did they offer? That's a head scratcher.

Ben Johnson was Minnesota's lead recruiter of DJ before moving on to Xavier this Spring. I believe he and Steele were in to watch DJ workout recently, which is where the offer came from.

I thought that douche bag Eyewejun said ISU had a better chance than Iowa?
Enough with the name calling. ....Just get the kid and prove me wrong. It is an uphill battle for this kid because of Fran's recruiting history, lack of much on court success, and his frequent embarrassing antics on court.

Enough with the name calling. ....Just get the kid and prove me wrong. It is an uphill battle for this kid because of Fran's recruiting history, lack of much on court success, and his frequent embarrassing antics on court.

Didn't Iowa having a better shot at him than Silo Tech already prove you wrong?

Reactions: RocknRollface
If DJ is going to sign with Iowa, the sooner the better. With DJ on board, along with Patrick signing and Joe almost here, That will spark the chances of nabbing another highly rated recruit. Would love to keep the ball rolling here!

What would be our next top priority? A quick swing player would be my choice.

Reactions: perryhawk
Ben Johnson was Minnesota's lead recruiter of DJ before moving on to Xavier this Spring. I believe he and Steele were in to watch DJ workout recently, which is where the offer came from.

I missed that move. Johnson seems to be pretty highly regarded.

If DJ is going to sign with Iowa, the sooner the better. With DJ on board, along with Patrick signing and Joe almost here, That will spark the chances of nabbing another highly rated recruit. Would love to keep the ball rolling here!

What would be our next top priority? A quick swing player would be my choice.
Xavier Foster???

OK, I am a complete homer here, (raised in Iowa) but if he comes to Ohio State (I now live in Columbus), he will be just the most recent of the highly ranked guys who comes into the program and will have a following if he excels but will be mostly forgotten when he moves on. Other than Cinncy, it will be the same thing at his other schools. He already is coveted in Iowa right now. That is special! Dean Oliver is still loved in Iowa. His counterpart at Indiana has been forgotten.

Most Cyclone fans never thought we were really in this recruitment. Obviously we offered. However, I think it was more of a offer to make Iowa High School and AAU coaches not mad for not offereing a clearly talented player.

Yea!! We're in the top 6!! Raise a banner!!

Sorry for the sarcasm. Being in the 6 is not a victory. It's a tease.

Win this battle and then celebrate. Top tier talent is in the yard. Don't whiff on all of this talent.

I thank Joe W for being a true Hawk. Hopefully, he's just the start.

Most Cyclone fans never thought we were really in this recruitment. Obviously we offered. However, I think it was more of a offer to make Iowa High School and AAU coaches not mad for not offereing a clearly talented player.
please do not ever refer to ISU as “we” on the Iowa Hawkeye basketball board. ‘We” are Iowa Hawkeyes here.

Wolverines would be my bet if the NBA is his top priority. No inside information but Beilein is about as good as it gets at helping players develop.

Reactions: BANGBRO
Based on the six, it seems playing close to home is important. I would think the 4 B1G schools have the upper hand there just by sheer volume of games nearby. The other two have a lot of east coast games.

I thought ISU would make this cut but I'm glad they didn't. They don't have to spend time on him since they weren't getting him anyway.

I just hope this doesn't happen to Iowa also. Iowa really needs an impact point guard and can't afford to let this recruitment go far and come up empty and could also come up empty with other point guards that didn't want to wait until Carton announced and Iowa loses out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT