ADVERTISEMENT

Do we see anything different on Saturday?

BubsFinn

HR Legend
Nov 20, 2004
Yes, Brian is still the OC, but now he has to think about landing a job in a couple months. The damage has been done to his career, but eventually he'll have to do something to repair it. He has four, maybe five more games as a Power 5 OC to begin that process. I guess a better question might be, will Kirk let him?

Yes, Brian is still the OC, but now he has to think about landing a job in a couple months. The damage has been done to his career, but eventually he'll have to do something to repair it. He has four, maybe five more games as a Power 5 OC to begin that process. I guess a better question might be, will Kirk let him?
A lot of us won't know as we wont be strong armed into the pisscock fiasco.
I'm not a prude but I won't be forced into having to deal with someone else's cock.
B1G really dropped the ball again on this one. Maybe B1G corporate just loves cock?

Good post, not being sarcastic

I'm not a prude but I won't be forced into having to deal with someone else's cock.
B1G really dropped the ball again on this one. Maybe B1G corporate just loves cock?
Yeah, I dragged myself to a crappy bar for the Purdue game. It just wasn't worth it for the watered down drinks, greasy food, and terrible football. I suppose BTN will eventually air the 60 minute version and that will be enough.

• Haha
Reactions: BHCrusader2010
You’re a wizard I see.

Jesus H. It took me a while to figure out wtf you were talking about here…😁

See anything different? Nope, low scoring game that the Hawkeyes will probably win, as usual.

Yeah, I dragged myself to a crappy bar for the Purdue game. It just wasn't worth it for the watered down drinks, greasy food, and terrible football. I suppose BTN will eventually air the 60 minute version and that will be enough.
It's hard for me to catch the 60 minute games. I look for those games when I watch TV, I just don't have a lot of TV time a day.

I doubt it, but I would like to see what full "**** it, I'm gone either way" mode looks like for BF's play calling.

Won’t see anything different schematically, but I think we will be able to establish the running game. Might be a few new wrinkles due to the bye week.

Reactions: Mister Plow
There's an argument that Iowa's best bet is to just play conservative and hope you win the turnover battle. But as a fan I really want them to try something. I'm at the point where I think I would prefer they try something and fail then continue with their current approach and it's a coin flip result.
Try Labas (not happening), Cooper package (not happening), wild cat, RPO. Give me something. Honestly if you paired a triple option with this defense and special teams I think it would be really effective. But that is too much to try and implement at this point.

There's an argument that Iowa's best bet is to just play conservative and hope you win the turnover battle. But as a fan I really want them to try something. I'm at the point where I think I would prefer they try something and fail then continue with their current approach and it's a coin flip result.
Try Labas (not happening), Cooper package (not happening), wild cat, RPO. Give me something. Honestly if you paired a triple option with this defense and special teams I think it would be really effective. But that is too much to try and implement at this point.
That's always the game plan. That is why the soft weak puzzy schedule is made that way. Don't suck as much as the opponent. Good luck with that starting next year. 3-9 here we come!

Won’t see anything different schematically, but I think we will be able to establish the running game. Might be a few new wrinkles due to the bye week.
This is most likely what it will be. We did well running the ball vs Wiscy when they knew it was coming so maybe we'll be able to do the same. I really wish that we could see Labas or even Lainez and more than 100 yards of passing. Crazy I know.

Reactions: lesterfan
Are you already drunk?

I'm no fan of Peacock but I do appreciate the fact that our media rights deals give the B10, along with SEC, more resources than other conferences.

Reactions: sober_teacher
I actually think announcing Brian’s departure disincentivizes changes this year. I’m not suggesting they won’t try to score and be successful and go out with a bang for BF, just more likely to double down on the current scheme/calls to either prove it works OR to avoid any criticism for not trying it sooner. No upside (insert ironic joke here) in trying anything substantially different :)

Maybe some “let’s have fun” trick plays tho since there’s only a few games left for Brian to call them.

Reactions: intrepodor
of-course-not-kenan-thompson.gif

I don't know if you guys recall this but a couple years ago, I think it was BF's first year.. they were playing Penn St and they broke out with all these trick plays and fake punts and it was nuts. still lost the game, but it was fun.

Reactions: Mister Plow
Labas and Laines have their bags packed
If Cade is back, and just had ACL surgery recently, someone will likely get some playing time next year… hill will suck the rest of year and while he may be back next year a new OC might be enough pull to keep Lainez another season. Hopefully he can be the backup to Cade next year or we get a transfer. If hill plays next year Kirk should be let go… and I’m a KF supporter for the most part…
And yes I agree Labas should not stay if he wants to play college football it

Yea looks for CDJ at wildcat. Tory will also get a few passes in
The funny thing is I could actually see Biff doing some crazy shit like that out of some kind of scorched earth spite on his way out. A, 'you wanted it. Now you've got it', type thing. He throws us some of that backyard football for a change... But then it actually works and we see the best offensive outing in 4 years in his attempt to sabotage something. I want to see that so bad.

I actually think announcing Brian’s departure disincentivizes changes this year. I’m not suggesting they won’t try to score and be successful and go out with a bang for BF, just more likely to double down on the current scheme/calls to either prove it works OR to avoid any criticism for not trying it sooner. No upside (insert ironic joke here) in trying anything substantially different :)

Maybe some “let’s have fun” trick plays tho since there’s only a few games left for Brian to call them.
IMO they will try some dumb trick/different plays at the absolutely wrong time to show fans it does not work. Other than that wash, rinse, repeat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT