ADVERTISEMENT

Do we see anything different on Saturday?

Hell yes what does Brian gave to lose, he already has almost generational wealth from Iowa. Just got canned by Iowa...

Brain is going to go full on Mike Leach and sling the ball 40 + timed.

And score more than 25 fvuking points.

The funny thing is I could actually see Biff doing some crazy shit like that out of some kind of scorched earth spite on his way out. A, 'you wanted it. Now you've got it', type thing. He throws us some of that backyard football for a change... But then it actually works and we see the best offensive outing in 4 years in his attempt to sabotage something. I want to see that so bad.
Have thought this would happen the whole week.

Hell yes what does Brian gave to lose, he already has almost generational wealth from Iowa. Just got canned by Iowa...

Brain is going to go full on Mike Leach and sling the ball 40 + timed.

And score more than 25 fvuking points.
Deacon “slinging “ the ball 40 times would lead to 7 sacks, 3 fumbles and 2-3 interceptions. Besides that what else could go wrong?

Can’t wait to see the right guard lose the ball on strip sacks and throw it right to the other team. But continue to preach bill security KF and why you guys aren’t crazy from what you see in practice vs a guy that won you a bowl game with a somewhat decent defense, even though they had a few guys sit out. Ah f it. I don’t care anymore with this coach and the garbage he spews.
Even with players sitting out, Kentucky was a hell of a lot better than the crap team Minnesota was that Hill had three turnovers against.

Last edited:
Reactions: DewHawk and littlez
Hell, a completed forward pass will be different.
Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF

If Labas was playing you could bring the play action boot, QB roll out with a run pass option, QB draw, zone read, screen game to TE and RB’s. Basically all the things Hill isn’t quick enough to get out and execute. The only thing we lose with Labas is QB sneak on 4th & 1.

Reactions: littlez
If Labas was playing you could bring the play action boot, QB roll out with a run pass option, QB draw, zone read, screen game to TE and RB’s. Basically all the things Hill isn’t quick enough to get out and execute. The only thing we lose with Labas is QB sneak on 4th & 1.
Then put in the fullback that is 6’ 5” and 275 pounds or whatever he is. I keep hearing Small is huge so use his size and ability to get you the tough yards. The lack of imagination and creativity with this coaching staff is what holds back this offense. Use all your players on the team that can help you get the tough yards. My God, you have 85 scholarship players and walk ons to help win games, use them all if you have too.

The Ferentz boys are going to die on the "Hill hill." KF gets paid the same no matter what and isn't going to get fired. BF is gone no matter what, and his coaching performance is irrelevant since any job he gets in football after this season will be because someone owes KF something. Therefore, neither of them have any motivation to win another game, much less make a change that might show that they've been making a mistake. Isn't it great?

Reactions: DewHawk
Call me crazy, but I think there is hope for Deacon Hill. His size makes me think that he might want to give tight end a try. Before you call me crazy, remember that Marvin McNutt made a incredible transition from QB to wide receiver.
Other than he is too short, too slow, and has never played the position you may be on to something 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: MeetTheFerentzes
Yes, Brian is still the OC, but now he has to think about landing a job in a couple months. The damage has been done to his career, but eventually he'll have to do something to repair it. He has four, maybe five more games as a Power 5 OC to begin that process. I guess a better question might be, will Kirk let him?
I think Brian throws it 65 times

Northwestern is 94th in yards/game against the run and 22nd against the pass, would expect Brian to throw as much a possible today
One might say the only way Iowa could lose the game would be to make Deacon throw the ball 30 times. I bet we come out in a five-wide set and start slinging it like we're a seven man team.

What if and stay with me here...what if we just did the crappy plays in the book already with some higher degree of competence. Like, we don't have one to two linemen blocking air, the QB drops back and spots open receiver on a route, throws it to him on target, and the receiver catches the ball and proceeds to run forward with it.
Yes we will see two crappy offenses in a whole new crappy venue!
This is extremely prescient right now

I think we see Marco this weekend or next, now we are into his 4 game minimum to preserve RS. Just my 2 cents as we HAVE to generate some real offense if we are to navigate the next 3 games + put up any sort of fighting chance in the B10 title game. Tough spot yes but we can't die on this Hill and certainly don't wait for a pick 6 or critical fumble.

OR, and stay with me here...Rutgers very poor at throwing the ball....maybe Coop sees more time on Offfense. Heck, let him take 10-20 wildcat snaps and reduce his defensive snaps.

The Ferentz boys are going to die on the "Hill hill." KF gets paid the same no matter what and isn't going to get fired. BF is gone no matter what, and his coaching performance is irrelevant since any job he gets in football after this season will be because someone owes KF something. Therefore, neither of them have any motivation to win another game, much less make a change that might show that they've been making a mistake. Isn't it great?
Please. Don't be so ignorant.

What if and stay with me here...what if we just did the crappy plays in the book already with some higher degree of competence. Like, we don't have one to two linemen blocking air, the QB drops back and spots open receiver on a route, throws it to him on target, and the receiver catches the ball and proceeds to run forward with it.

This is extremely prescient right now
not only is it prescient, but it predicts the future.

• Haha
Reactions: Iron Doc
Greg Schiano walked by me at the Iowa/ Bucknell soccer game tonight. He must have had his niece?? playing for Bucknell. I yelled at him when he walked by asking what he was doing here when he should be at the hotel scouting our offense. He gave me a half laugh... I thought it was funny.

Honestly serious question but what the hell happened to the sweet Special Teams trick plays we use to pull off? Kirk bury them in his backyard or what?
Why would you use trick plays when you have one of the best punters in the country? He's a +10 on yardage meaning your opponent has to get an additional 1st down per drive against our D and is almost automatic at punting it inside the 10.

Greg Schiano walked by me at the Iowa/ Bucknell soccer game tonight. He must have had his niece?? playing for Bucknell. I yelled at him when he walked by asking what he was doing here when he should be at the hotel scouting our offense. He gave me a half laugh... I thought it was funny.
Schiano played football at Bucknell - thats his alma mater.

I would really like BF to be asked the same exact question he was asked last season, “What is the downside to giving Lainez or Labas a shot?” His answer last season of “what is the upside?” cannot possibly be the same answer.

I can't believe you guys can't figure this out. It is so glaringly obvious KF and staff is slow playing you guys. The Big Brains and geniuses on the offensive side of the ball have clearly spent every waking moment to get Lainez ready to play today. Their master plan since fall camp was start him this week. 3+1 (Indy) keeps the redshirt alive. If you guys need gambling picks or tonights Powerball numbers let me know.

I doubt it, but I would like to see what full "**** it, I'm gone either way" mode looks like for BF's play calling.
If that was truly going to happen, it should have happened last week against NW. Not only do we have one of the worst OC's in CFB history, there is not enough talent on that side of the ball to even think of opening it up. And that falls on recruiting. Earlier this year, we heard Franklin from PSU say that Iowa is not built for 3rd and long situations. Well, we aren't built right now for anything on offense. Every team we play knows what we are going to do. Running out CDJ to run wildcat a few plays a game isn't going to scare any defense, because they know that even if he breaks a long one but doesn't score a TD, the worst they are giving up is 3 pts. We have zero game changers on offense right now. Our OL is no where close to where they need to be for Iowa to play "Iowa football". They haven't controlled the LOS for years now. I love what KF has done for this program over his time here, but it is time for change. I hope he realizes this as well, and steps down after the season. He looks old on the sidelines, and I don't think he wants to go through another image makeover like KF2.0 or 3.0 again. He doesn't have the talent on offense to change it quickly, and while he has used the portal in the past, he isn't going to use it to make a complete overhaul. He also isn't going to give the next OC complete control, because we know KF. /end of rant.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT