ADVERTISEMENT

Do we see anything different on Saturday?

I don't know if you guys recall this but a couple years ago, I think it was BF's first year.. they were playing Penn St and they broke out with all these trick plays and fake punts and it was nuts. still lost the game, but it was fun.
Despite their verbal support for Hill I don't think the coaches trust him. So I don't think you will see anything interesting. They didn't change plays last week when Minnesota had everyone at the line cover 0, man on the WR. Almost everybody tries a slant there.

Reactions: wxhawk
Time for Kirk to pull out ol' reliable to go 4-0
84t7mf.jpg

If Kirk continues to be a stubborn bone head then nothing will change. You can't get blood from a turnip and Hill is a turnip.

• Sad
Reactions: Iron Doc
Call me crazy, but I think there is hope for Deacon Hill. His size makes me think that he might want to give tight end a try. Before you call me crazy, remember that Marvin McNutt made a incredible transition from QB to wide receiver.

• Haha
Reactions: MVPFAN
Despite their verbal support for Hill I don't think the coaches trust him. So I don't think you will see anything interesting. They didn't change plays last week when Minnesota had everyone at the line cover 0, man on the WR. Almost everybody tries a slant there.
They would presumably need to audible into that play once they see the defensive alignment, and the only audible I have seen used during the entire KF era is a stretch run play. Let that one "sink-in" awhile.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Call me crazy, but I think there is hope for Deacon Hill. His size makes me think that he might want to give tight end a try. Before you call me crazy, remember that Marvin McNutt made a incredible transition from QB to wide receiver.
Ya... I'm gonna go ahead and call you crazy on that one. I'm pretty sure he's not beating out any tight end on the roster. I might even venture to guess some of those tight ends would actually be better quarterbacks as well. McNutt actually was a dual threat quarterback. He was more likely to see the field as a receiver and switched. Hill really isn't much of a threat to do... really anything. Unfortunately he's a backup on a dogshit offense that got thrown out to the wolves. I'm glad the fanbase has mostly laid off him. He's just a guy doing a job and he shows up for work.

Honestly serious question but what the hell happened to the sweet Special Teams trick plays we use to pull off? Kirk bury them in his backyard or what?

I actually think announcing Brian’s departure disincentivizes changes this year. I’m not suggesting they won’t try to score and be successful and go out with a bang for BF, just more likely to double down on the current scheme/calls to either prove it works OR to avoid any criticism for not trying it sooner. No upside (insert ironic joke here) in trying anything substantially different :)

Maybe some “let’s have fun” trick plays tho since there’s only a few games left for Brian to call them.
Totally agree, modifying the play calling would essentially be surrendering to the masses. The Ferentz’s will double down on their style. Probably manage around 190 yards of offense, could be much less as Brian will be confused on the diameter of the field

Yes, Brian is still the OC, but now he has to think about landing a job in a couple months. The damage has been done to his career, but eventually he'll have to do something to repair it. He has four, maybe five more games as a Power 5 OC to begin that process. I guess a better question might be, will Kirk let him?
There will some seagulls flying around the stadium around 4pm. Other than that it'll be the same ole shit.

Reactions: dadster
There may be some adjustments, but there's only so much they can change during an off week. And Brian isn't going to be trying to audition for his next job. And Kirk isn't going to be trying to send an FU to the AD or the fans. They're going to be trying to do what gives them the best chance to win games and get to Indy. Same as they've been doing. So, we'll see mostly more of the same and, hopefully, it keeps resulting in more wins than losses.

• Sad
There may be some adjustments, but there's only so much they can change during an off week. And Brian isn't going to be trying to audition for his next job. And Kirk isn't going to be trying to send an FU to the AD or the fans. They're going to be trying to do what gives them the best chance to win games and get to Indy. Same as they've been doing. So, we'll see mostly more of the same and, hopefully, it keeps resulting in more wins than losses.
As a Chiefs fan I was reading about a Taiders game in 1968 when Dawson threw the ball 3 times. Otis Taylor and other wide receiver out. 62 runs by 3 different backs and Dawson completed 2 of 3 passes. Stram went double tight end the whole game and the Chiefs gashed them. Our best chance involves Deacon actually never throwing the ball. He’s the worst QB in Division 1. This would a be a perfect strategy for us the rest of the season. Not kidding.

If Hill starts it will be more of the same. If Labas starts you'll see a bunch of different stuff. Stuff like completed passes and QB runs.
meh. If Labas plays will will likely look the same. I wasn’t really blown away by him last year.

If Hill starts it will be more of the same. If Labas starts you'll see a bunch of different stuff. Stuff like completed passes and QB runs.
Labas probably wont see the field again. Kirk will try to prove his point that he knows what's best and the fans dont know squat!

Reactions: wxhawk
There's an argument that Iowa's best bet is to just play conservative and hope you win the turnover battle. But as a fan I really want them to try something. I'm at the point where I think I would prefer they try something and fail then continue with their current approach and it's a coin flip result.
Try Labas (not happening), Cooper package (not happening), wild cat, RPO. Give me something. Honestly if you paired a triple option with this defense and special teams I think it would be really effective. But that is too much to try and implement at this point.
Yep, the offense just needs to perform better. Pass the ball and catch the ball and the defense will spread out then run it and mix it up. No tendencies

Yes the 4 seam high fastballs that Hill has been throwing that have bounced off WRs hands or flew into the Ozone layer to never be seen again will start to bounce to guys in Purple and Kirk will use a blue ink pen as opposed to pencil to write into His little notebook .

A lot of us won't know as we wont be strong armed into the pisscock fiasco.
I'm not a prude but I won't be forced into having to deal with someone else's cock.
B1G really dropped the ball again on this one. Maybe B1G corporate just loves cock?
Ummm, go to a bar.

There's an argument that Iowa's best bet is to just play conservative and hope you win the turnover battle. But as a fan I really want them to try something. I'm at the point where I think I would prefer they try something and fail then continue with their current approach and it's a coin flip result.
Try Labas (not happening), Cooper package (not happening), wild cat, RPO. Give me something. Honestly if you paired a triple option with this defense and special teams I think it would be really effective. But that is too much to try and implement at this point.

I truly believe we cannot win the turnover battle with Hill at QB. He can't hold on to the ball.

Yes, Brian is still the OC, but now he has to think about landing a job in a couple months. The damage has been done to his career, but eventually he'll have to do something to repair it. He has four, maybe five more games as a Power 5 OC to begin that process. I guess a better question might be, will Kirk let him?
e z win for NW.

A lot of us won't know as we wont be strong armed into the pisscock fiasco.
I'm not a prude but I won't be forced into having to deal with someone else's cock.
B1G really dropped the ball again on this one. Maybe B1G corporate just loves cock?
Damn bro, it’s $6 a month!
Stealing No Money GIF by BLoafX

link? I've never heard of a HS player switching positions in college.

Nope. Maybe a 1/2 yard gain and a little bigger cloud of dust since it's Wrigley field. A couple more 4 yard out patterns, instead of 3 on 3rd and 9.

Nothing will change, and BF has nothing to prove, as he is unemployable unless Dad calls in a favor, making his performance meaningless.

I truly believe we cannot win the turnover battle with Hill at QB. He can't hold on to the ball.
Can’t wait to see the right guard lose the ball on strip sacks and throw it right to the other team. But continue to preach bill security KF and why you guys aren’t crazy from what you see in practice vs a guy that won you a bowl game with a somewhat decent defense, even though they had a few guys sit out. Ah f it. I don’t care anymore with this coach and the garbage he spews.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT