ADVERTISEMENT

Does Iowa Go Undefeated In Non-Conference

Top back in the nation? LMFAO!!! You should try a career in comedy.

I have heaped praise on Montgomery here but that is a stretch. Although I don’t know how to measure that objectively. He could very well be a top 10 back in the nation.

Kempt for Heisman!

I remember ISU's radio guy saying during a game last year if Lanning doesn't win the Heisman, there needs to be an investigation. So maybe the Heisman voters will feel shame over robbing Lanning and give this year's to KK.

How, exactly, do you think Clown College is better at QB? I will give you RB because Montgomery is very good. Young and IKM will be good enough. WR is an advantage for them because they emphasize their WRs. You do remember our true FR WR scored the winning points in their house last year, right? And they have NOTHING to compare to our TEs. We are better on both lines. Our LBs will be vulnerable solely due to lack of time together. When they find their mojo, they will be impressive. Our safeties are damned good. Corner is the big question and the position that worries me the most in this game.
ISU could win if the chips fall the right way but I don't think it happens. BF has brought a new emphasis on this game. He genuinely dislikes the stench from the west. I think that will carry over to the players.
Higher QBR and ISU will have one of their best DLs in many years. ISU is better than Iowa at every defensive position group. Iowa utilizes their TE in the passing game and ISU doesn't, but ISU's TE was all conf as a FR because he did what was asked of him well. Iowa's OL is better and has been historically for sure.

I have heaped praise on Montgomery here but that is a stretch. Although I don’t know how to measure that objectively. He could very well be a top 10 back in the nation.
Montgomery broke more tackles than any rb in the country last year and it was by a fairly wide margin. The OL will be improved for sure and that sets Montgomery up for a big year.

Higher QBR and ISU will have one of their best DLs in many years. ISU is better than Iowa at every defensive position group. Iowa utilizes their TE in the passing game and ISU doesn't, but ISU's TE was all conf as a FR because he did what was asked of him well. Iowa's OL is better and has been historically for sure.

QBR is a matter of scheme. It is completion % plus yards per attempt ( times 8.4). Kempt had the best WR to ever play for ISU, plus Butler and Murdock. Are you forgetting Stanley threw for 5 TDs against your defense that will be better at every position than Iowa?
Which QB do you think has a better chance of playing on Sunday? For all of ISU's "high-powered" offenses, ai don't see an ISU QB on an NFL roster anywhere.

Allen was 2nd team in the coaches poll with 4 catches for 39 yards because the conference doesn't use TEs. Hockenson was a RS FR last year as well. Do you want to compare Allen to him? Iowa has O linemen in eligible jersies too.
Iowa has two DEs that will be playing on Sunday. There are no weak spots on the D line. I will concede you are better at CB solely based on experience. By the end of the season, our LBers will be better than yours. That may or may not be the case when the two teams meet. Amani Hooker is better than any d back you guys can put on the field.
Which universe do you live in?

QBR is a matter of scheme. It is completion % plus yards per attempt ( times 8.4). Kempt had the best WR to ever play for ISU, plus Butler and Murdock. Are you forgetting Stanley threw for 5 TDs against your defense that will be better at every position than Iowa?
Which QB do you think has a better chance of playing on Sunday? For all of ISU's "high-powered" offenses, ai don't see an ISU QB on an NFL roster anywhere.
2nd game of the season in the 2nd year of the staff. Kempt's first college start he outplayed the Heisman winner, 1st draft choice, and beat a playoff team on their field. I will hang up and listen.

Allen was 2nd team in the coaches poll with 4 catches for 39 yards because the conference doesn't use TEs. Hockenson was a RS FR last year as well. Do you want to compare Allen to him? Iowa has O linemen in eligible jersies too.
Iowa has two DEs that will be playing on Sunday. There are no weak spots on the D line. I will concede you are better at CB solely based on experience. By the end of the season, our LBers will be better than yours. That may or may not be the case when the two teams meet. Amani Hooker is better than any d back you guys can put on the field.
Which universe do you live in?
Allen is an excellent blocker and did what was asked as a FR. Fant was the main weapon for the hawks because the wr crew was horrible.

2nd game of the season in the 2nd year of the staff. Kempt's first college start he outplayed the Heisman winner, 1st draft choice, and beat a playoff team on their field. I will hang up and listen.
And Stanley lit up OSU for one game. Would he have done it again the next week if they did it again? Doubtful. Would the clowns have beeten Oklahoma if they played again? Doubtful. Stanley had 26 TDs and 6 INTs throwing to one of the weakest WR corps in FBS.
Lets have this debate again after the season.
BTW- You actually think you guys are winning 8-9 games this year?

Reactions: Bobhaywood
Allen is an excellent blocker and did what was asked as a FR. Fant was the main weapon for the hawks because the wr crew was horrible.

Hockenson is a good blocker and a better receiver every day of the week. Fant will be in the NFL next year. How many of your guys will be? You couldn't even get your greatest WR in history drafted.

And Stanley lit up OSU for one game. Would he have done it again the next week if they did it again? Doubtful. Would the clowns have beeten Oklahoma if they played again? Doubtful. Stanley had 26 TDs and 6 INTs throwing to one of the weakest WR corps in FBS.
Lets have this debate again after the season.
BTW- You actually think you guys are winning 8-9 games this year?
Kempt won his 1st 4 starts including 2 top 5 teams. He is higher rated with less experience. Yes on the 8-9 games including Sept. 8

Hockenson is a good blocker and a better receiver every day of the week. Fant will be in the NFL next year. How many of your guys will be? You couldn't even get your greatest WR in history drafted.
How come Iowa puts players into the NFL and is considered an underachieving team? Lazard was/is not even tHe best NFL wr prospect on the Cyclones. Getting drafted is not the end all. Let's see if Lazard makes a team and has a career. Gallery was the 2nd overall pick and was a big bust for that spot in the draft. It has to be nice to play in a very weak B10 West, but no respect is given due to lack of strength

Kempt won his 1st 4 starts including 2 top 5 teams. He is higher rated with less experience. Yes on the 8-9 games including Sept. 8

I am going to have to remember this thread and resurrect it after the season.
I remember the 81 season. It was Iowa's breakout season. What separates Iowa from Clown U is that they sustained the success from 1981 and have kept it going for most of the past 37 years. ISU has had a good season or two in there. They had a really good team in 2002. Went back to the crapper quickly. You guys can't win- if Campbell does manage to pull a miracle and repeat last year, he will be gone like crap through a goose.

How come Iowa puts players into the NFL and is considered an underachieving team? Lazard was/is not even tHe best NFL wr prospect on the Cyclones. Getting drafted is not the end all. Let's see if Lazard makes a team and has a career. Gallery was the 2nd overall pick and was a big bust for that spot in the draft. It has to be nice to play in a very weak B10 West, but no respect is given due to lack of strength
LMAO. Iowa's SOS rank last year was 10, ISU 20. You aren't even a very good troll.

Gallery had a good NFL career, as is Scherff. LT is not the only position on the field. Do you really want to compare players who have had NFL careers between schools?

LMAO. Iowa's SOS rank last year was 10, ISU 20. You aren't even a very good troll.
1st time in what...10 years? Hawks go back to very weak schedule again this year, I believe. It is no wonder ticket sales have been on a fairly steady decline. The schedule is weak.

How do you explain the WVU and KState games later in the year? Or are we just suppose to ignore those games?
Lost KSU on the very last play of the game and had chances to take the lead late on WVU but couldn't punch it in down in Morgantown. We lost 5 games by a total of 25 pts and 3 of them on the last play of the game.

And he lost 3 of his last 4. Hate to break it to you there were some games played after the first 3 he played in last year. Last season was his 5th year in college football post HS. Stanley was a true Soph. Ok if you want to count experience congrats wow Stanley played in 5 more games last year. Not like he was coming into last season with a ton of experience either. Again way to completely ignore competition when you go with the rating system. Faced 1 team in the top 50 defenses in 8 games. Stanley faced 8 teams in the top 50, 4 in top 20. Just like how ISU faced the 120th defense in your bowl game.

Lost KSU on the very last play of the game and had chances to take the lead late on WVU but couldn't punch it in down in Morgantown. We lost 5 games by a total of 25 pts and 3 of them on the last play of the game.

Yes. And what was probably the best season ISU has had in your lifetime was surpassed by Iowa in what most fans would consider average at best.

So why didn't your awesome QB put up more than 16 and 19 points respectively? And you only lost 2 games on last play of the game. Guess what same thing happened to Iowa. Guess what Iowa lost some close games too.

1st time in what...10 years? Hawks go back to very weak schedule again this year, I believe. It is no wonder ticket sales have been on a fairly steady decline. The schedule is weak.

False. Oh will you look at that. Actually statistics saying Iowa has had a stronger SOS the last 2 years and 3 of last 5. Well there goes your false SOS narrative. As for ticket sales Iowa still averages more than Jack Trice holds by a couple of thousand and avg about 10K more fans last year than ISU. Funny thing is both schools ironically avg just at 94% of max capacity of their stadiums last year. Except one holds more than the other. Good try, again...

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

Last edited:
Yes. And what was probably the best season ISU has had in your lifetime was surpassed by Iowa in what most fans would consider average at best.
Surpassed by Iowa? I would assume my lifetime might just double yours. I vividly remember when Iowa was the worst program in college football. Hello Bob Cummings!

Surpassed by Iowa? I would assume my lifetime might just double yours. I vividly remember when Iowa was the worst program in college football. Hello Bob Cummings!

Which ISU season was better than last year? The 70's under Earl Bruce when the Big 8 consisted of Oklahoma, Nebraska, and absolutely no one else? 7-4 or 8-3 wasn't much of an accomplishment in that environment.

Which ISU season was better than last year? The 70's under Earl Bruce when the Big 8 consisted of Oklahoma, Nebraska, and absolutely no one else? 7-4 or 8-3 wasn't much of an accomplishment in that environment.
2000 was 9-3 but not as strong of schedule

...and that nets you absolutely zilch today.

You've got a loooooong way to go before CFB considers Iowa anything BUT a Hawkeye state.

Odds are you won't see it in your lifetime.

It doesn't matter how many second half's you win.
It doesn't matter how many conspiracies Polltard rants about.
It doesn't matter if Trice gets 80,000 leather recliners.
It doesn't mean squat bitching about SOS or conference strength.

That's a LOSER consolation prize.

You're STILL ISU and you'll never see your precious clowns consistently play up to Iowas level or overtake the w/l record.

That slightly acidic, empty feeling in yet gut is why you're here.

Run along lil bro.

Both teams need to upgrade their schedule. Sack the ISU/Iowa game. I believe it would be a very good move for ISU as more important games could be scheduled.

Two years on, two years off. In theory, it would allow both teams to schedule a home/away series with another Power 5 school. In reality, Iowa would schedule a home-only pair of games with two MAC or lower schools. I suspect you guys would do the same.
I spent years on the paid forum arguing for the merits of better schedules. 99% of the people there will argue 1) Iowa HAS to have 7 home games every year or the athletic department will go bankrupt. 2) Attendance will be the same for a game against Notre Dame as it would be for NDSU. Because of that, we need to load up on as many cupcakes as possible.
A guy can dream, anyway.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Both teams need to upgrade their schedule. Sack the ISU/Iowa game. I believe it would be a very good move for ISU as more important games could be scheduled.
Could you imagine how irrelevant ISU football would be all season long if Iowa didn’t allow them to play us once a year?!

Reactions: Bobhaywood
Two years on, two years off. In theory, it would allow both teams to schedule a home/away series with another Power 5 school. In reality, Iowa would schedule a home-only pair of games with two MAC or lower schools. I suspect you guys would do the same.
I spent years on the paid forum arguing for the merits of better schedules. 99% of the people there will argue 1) Iowa HAS to have 7 home games every year or the athletic department will go bankrupt. 2) Attendance will be the same for a game against Notre Dame as it would be for NDSU. Because of that, we need to load up on as many cupcakes as possible.
A guy can dream, anyway.
That would work

Note that Iowa St. is a significant contribution to that 'weak' schedule. Lol. No tradition at ISU. Never will be either.

If ISU didn't play Iowa they'd schedule another non power 5 team so they could be one game closer to 6 wins. Last time ISU played another power 5 team besides Iowa was FSU in 02' before that have was 97' when they played at Minnesota.

If ISU didn't play Iowa they'd schedule another non power 5 team so they could be one game closer to 6 wins. Last time ISU played another power 5 team besides Iowa was FSU in 02' before that have was 97' when they played at Minnesota.
Because we play a difficult conf schedule unlike the hawks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT