ADVERTISEMENT

Does Iowa Go Undefeated In Non-Conference

Northwestern currently is comparable to anyone in the Big 12 not named Oklahoma. They would beat the clowns four years out of five. Wisconsin would beat them five years out of five. Since 1980, Iowa has beaten ISU 25 out of 38 times. ISU lost to Minnesota all three times they played them from 89-97. We also have mighty Nebraska, the Big 8/12 powerhouse that was going to own the B1G. Iowa gets two games every year from the Michigans, Ohio State, and PSU. Iowa's SOS is every bit as tough as ISU's every year.
Btw, the last time the Clowns played a P5 non-conference opponent other than Iowa was 2002.

There is consistantly only one good team in the big 12. Oklahoma.

We have PSU and Wisconsin on the schedule this year.
That is because you don't know any better. It really isn't surprising. Both Oklahoma schools, TCU, KSU, WVU, and soon Texas. I know those schools don't hold a candle to Indiana, Purdue, Rutgers, Maryland, Nebraska, Northwestern, Minnesota, etc. Oh well, we can just keep trying...LOL!

Northwestern currently is comparable to anyone in the Big 12 not named Oklahoma. They would beat the clowns four years out of five. Wisconsin would beat them five years out of five. Since 1980, Iowa has beaten ISU 25 out of 38 times. ISU lost to Minnesota all three times they played them from 89-97. We also have mighty Nebraska, the Big 8/12 powerhouse that was going to own the B1G. Iowa gets two games every year from the Michigans, Ohio State, and PSU. Iowa's SOS is every bit as tough as ISU's every year.
Btw, the last time the Clowns played a P5 non-conference opponent other than Iowa was 2002.

Very True!

That is because you don't know any better. It really isn't surprising. Both Oklahoma schools, TCU, KSU, WVU, and soon Texas. I know those schools don't hold a candle to Indiana, Purdue, Rutgers, Maryland, Nebraska, Northwestern, Minnesota, etc. Oh well, we can just keep trying...LOL!

You can keep going, but I'm never going to see your posts again.

And with that, "IGNORE" feature activated.

Because we play a difficult conf schedule unlike the hawks.

How do you explain Iowa having a stronger SOS than isu 3 of last 5 years and previous 2?

Also since 02’ season how many times has Iowa helped make isu SOS stronger. Maybe 1-2 times isu has better season like in 12’ besides that they’ve been even or over whelming Iowa with better years. Iowa has finished ranked multiple times and isu hasn’t since 2000.

Last edited:
Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Two years on, two years off. In theory, it would allow both teams to schedule a home/away series with another Power 5 school. In reality, Iowa would schedule a home-only pair of games with two MAC or lower schools. I suspect you guys would do the same.
I spent years on the paid forum arguing for the merits of better schedules. 99% of the people there will argue 1) Iowa HAS to have 7 home games every year or the athletic department will go bankrupt. 2) Attendance will be the same for a game against Notre Dame as it would be for NDSU. Because of that, we need to load up on as many cupcakes as possible.
A guy can dream, anyway.

Exactly what, in past history, would lead you to believe that? Historically, when Iowa has had a 4 game non-con schedule, they've scheduled ISU, another P5 school and two Mac level schools. If you want to bitch about Iowa's non-con schedule, go for it, but at least stick to what's real.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
Exactly what, in past history, would lead you to believe that? Historically, when Iowa has had a 4 game non-con schedule, they've scheduled ISU, another P5 school and two Mac level schools. If you want to bitch about Iowa's non-con schedule, go for it, but at least stick to what's real.

Iowa has played four non-con games 13 times during KF's tenure. In of those seasons, they did NOT play a P5 school other than ISU.
2002-Akron, Miami OH, ISU, Utah ST
2012-NIU, ISU, UNI, Central Mich
2013-NIU, ISU, Missouri St, Western Michigan
2006 and 2007 fudged the P5 thing. We fans got Syracuse, which was one of the worst teams in the country in 07.
A list of some of the heavyweights Iowa has scheduled over the past 19 years:
Kent State, Akron, Utah ST, Buffalo, Montana, Maine, Eastern Illinois, Louisiana Monroe, Tennessee Tech, Missouri ST, ILL ST, North Texas twice, NDSU (that worked out well) and UNI four times with two more to come.
I don't think an FBS team with the aspiration to contend for a conference championship is going to attain that goal playing the sisters of the poor.

How do you explain Iowa having a stronger SOS than isu 3 of last 5 years and previous 2?

Also since 02’ season how many times has Iowa helped make isu SOS stronger. Maybe 1-2 times isu has better season like in 12’ besides that they’ve been even or over whelming Iowa with better years. Iowa has finished ranked multiple times and isu hasn’t since 2000.
They didn't, but you can probably find a B10 centered statistician that has a metric that would go your way.

Iowa has played four non-con games 13 times during KF's tenure. In of those seasons, they did NOT play a P5 school other than ISU.
2006 and 2007 fudged the P5 thing. We fans got Syracuse, which was one of the worst teams in the country in 07.
Kent State, Akron, Utah ST, Buffalo, Montana, Maine, Eastern Illinois, Louisiana Monroe, Tennessee Tech, Missouri ST, ILL ST, North Texas twice, NDSU (that worked out well) and UNI four times with two more to come.
I don't think an FBS team with the aspiration to contend for a conference championship is going to attain that goal playing the sisters of the poor.

Ironically in those 3 years of 02’, 12’ and 13’ they faced a team ranked in top 25 in Miami oh and NIU. In 02’ and 12’ it was those teams only loss going into the bowl game. As for all those weak “sisters of the poor” teams. If you look at every D1 school over the last 19 years I’m sure you can put together a list just like this for everyone.

Plus not seeing how a weak non conference schedule means a team can’t contend for conference crown or has aspirations to win one. Look at Wisconsin last year and this year BYU, New Mexico and WKU last year and BYU, FAU and Utah st this year. They almost won last year and could this season.

Last edited:
They didn't, but you can probably find a B10 centered statistician that has a metric that would go your way.

Here you go a non biased one. Posted earlier and you conveniently ignored. Every thing I’ve seen for 16’ and 17’ seasons said Iowa played tougher schedules. Yet you keep spewing your false narrative. So go ahead please show one that says otherwise for past 2 years or 5 years. I’ll be waiting...

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK

Don't forget that we had mizzou back out on a home and home. We played home and homes with ASU, Syracuse, Pitt twice and with Mizzou, plus Nebraska, K State off the top of my head.

When's the last time ISU played a P5 team that wasn't Iowa in non-conference? I'll hang up and listen.

Reactions: Hawk fan in MN
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT