ADVERTISEMENT

Downey just tweeted that he wants tobe a Hawkeye

No because he can't wrestle someone on ISU's schedule. He can't seem to wrap his thin skull around this point.

If he graduates, he can go anywhere he wants
giphy.gif

It will take him until December to graduate & would be eligible 2nd semester

He could have 3 years left and only way any place would take him would be after in house rehab treatment and then just one f@%^ and your gone

Literally no doubt he'd be helpful "wrestling", realistically could win it all...it's all the other junk...and the fact that he can't/won't transfer anywhere and is just looking for a home afterwards....like others have said

It only takes 1 bad apple.........
While I tend to agree with that, I think there are -probably- more people living the championship lifestyle at Iowa than at Iowa St. during his time there. I don't think guys like Lee, Kemerer, Marinelli, Warner, Murin, Sorensen, Young, Wilcke, Stoll etc... will be influenced negatively. And if this did ever come to fruition, I'm almost certain there would be behavioral and social media stipulations laid out very clearly by TnT + the other staff.

PDIII has taken a beating on here (and he definitely brought it on himself with stupid actions/tweets etc..), but if TnT actually did bring him in, then I trust them, even if most people wouldn't be too pleased with it. Nobody can deny the obvious talent he has, and maybe it would take an environment like Iowa (especially with the recently established 'culture change' Terry Brands alluded to in a recent interview) for him to finally hone in and focus on living the championship lifestyle. The funny thing is he could probably be an NCAA champ at 197 next year.

Whatever ends up happening I trust the coaching staff.

If they can make a positive impact on him, I'm all for it. If he's going to be the same old guy we all know, I'm not so sure...

Agreed wasdt.
But, I don't want this in the Hawk program. I think almost everyone agrees the kid is almost a freak. Not living any kind of lifestyle remotely close to being a successful athlete, but because of unbelievable gifts can still get the results he has. It's actually sad.
But, just like adults eventually realize in any aspect of life .... once that negativity or cancer is introduced, it grows.
Those that think it's ok, what were your thoughts about him this past season at ISU?
It is not win at all costs.
Yes, people do need second (third, or fourth) chances. That doesn't mean they should be able to be a HAWK!

Don't know what to think and what I want doesn't matter. I say pass. If it all would happen, I pray for a very short leash and much like the Grandview Andrew Long deal. Not sure PD3 could make it one semester with rules.

He just said he is taking 14 ch this summer & needs 15 ch in the fall to graduate.

Not. Going. To. Happen.
Not sure how you think this won't happen. 15 hours a semester is normal class load. The 14 this summer is a load because classes are longer hours. Could be taking all this online which I feel is easier.

Not sure how you think this won't happen. 15 hours a semester is normal class load. The 14 this summer is a load because classes are longer hours. Could be taking all this online which I feel is easier.

I teach at a college. Credit hours don't change in the summer. My summer class is 4 ch just like it is during the academic term. We meet twice as much during half the calendar time. Credits are based on contact hours.

My point is that the dude isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, especially given that 1 month ago he thought he would get all that coursework done this summer.

While I tend to agree with that, I think there are -probably- more people living the championship lifestyle at Iowa than at Iowa St. during his time there. I don't think guys like Lee, Kemerer, Marinelli, Warner, Murin, Sorensen, Young, Wilcke, Stoll etc... will be influenced negatively. And if this did ever come to fruition, I'm almost certain there would be behavioral and social media stipulations laid out very clearly by TnT + the other staff.

PDIII has taken a beating on here (and he definitely brought it on himself with stupid actions/tweets etc..), but if TnT actually did bring him in, then I trust them, even if most people wouldn't be too pleased with it. Nobody can deny the obvious talent he has, and maybe it would take an environment like Iowa (especially with the recently established 'culture change' Terry Brands alluded to in a recent interview) for him to finally hone in and focus on living the championship lifestyle. The funny thing is he could probably be an NCAA champ at 197 next year.

Whatever ends up happening I trust the coaching staff.

This 'culture change' that Terry alluded to? What interview?

Definitely nothing for a normal college kid. If PD3 is able to do this it will be an extraordinary feat.

Reactions: Czech Hawk
If bringing him in means we win it all this year vs. going with who've got means getting 3rd/4th, I'll take 3rd or 4th place at the NCAA's and keep building for the future.

(Not that I think having him in the line-up would put us over the top nor that I think he would even realistically gain/maintain eligibility)

I teach at a college. Credit hours don't change in the summer. My summer class is 4 ch just like it is during the academic term. We meet twice as much during half the calendar time. Credits are based on contact hours.

My point is that the dude isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, especially given that 1 month ago he thought he would get all that coursework done this summer.

Maybe the dullest.

For real, 14 hrs in the summer is no joke, unless it is an internship. I highly doubt he is doing an internship.

I guess he could do it if he has a cake major. I remember many of the hardcore party goers changing majors to RPTA to get it done. Maybe different at other colleges and no disrespect to anyone on here that may have majored in RPTA. My major was along the same lines, but in my profession of choice. I think in a Gwiz interview they asked him about his major which was RPTA, he had a little smirk and changed the subject.

The credibility of our coaches and program take a hit if we bring him in. I'll take a hard pass. The fact that M* even liked a tweet of his makes me feel uneasy. He is one step forward and 6 steps back. If we say we do things the right way, then we should do things the right way.

The credibility of our coaches and program take a hit if we bring him in. I'll take a hard pass. The fact that M* even liked a tweet of his makes me feel uneasy. He is one step forward and 6 steps back. If we say we do things the right way, then we should do things the right way.
PD3 flat out saying "I want to be a Hawk", and it not happening yet has to be encouraging for those that don't want him here.
That tells me, the only thing preventing him from being a Hawk are the Brands which also tells me they're very hesitant as well just like a lot of us.
I'd say pass, but who knows what kind of conversations our staff has had with PD3 of late, maybe he's mellowed out?

I just don't know what'd be in it for Iowa. Having him in the lineup might give you more team points (staying in the lineup is the only question there), but doesn't make you a better team. I guess it being an attempt to help the guy (can't use the word kid) would be the explanation making sense. I think the apprehension in here is a good sign of people being grounded.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT