ADVERTISEMENT

Downey on IC

aije

Scout Team
Apr 3, 2019
Saw this and wanted to share how Downey credits the attitude behind his recent success to his brief experience in IC.

"I learned there’s a whole lifestyle that goes into it,” he said. “The Iowa Hawkeyes, that was my first time being around a group of guys that dedicated to the sport. I was like, ‘Geez, these guys, their whole lifestyle goes into it. Every decision they make is based upon what’s getting them better at wrestling.’ That made it easy for me to lock down my nutrition, lock down my training because I saw first hand that there’s other guys out there living this lifestyle day in and day out.”

Of course it speaks very well to the character and intensity of the Iowa program.

https://www.trackwrestling.com/PortalPost.jsp?postId=1431819132

Apologies, in advance, if this was already discussed in another thread.

Saw this and wanted to share how Downey credits the attitude behind his recent success to his brief experience in IC.

"I learned there’s a whole lifestyle that goes into it,” he said. “The Iowa Hawkeyes, that was my first time being around a group of guys that dedicated to the sport. I was like, ‘Geez, these guys, their whole lifestyle goes into it. Every decision they make is based upon what’s getting them better at wrestling.’ That made it easy for me to lock down my nutrition, lock down my training because I saw first hand that there’s other guys out there living this lifestyle day in and day out.”

Of course it speaks very well to the character and intensity of the Iowa program.

https://www.trackwrestling.com/PortalPost.jsp?postId=1431819132

Apologies, in advance, if this was already discussed in another thread.

He tries to claim NJ as his adopted state. Can we give him back to you guys?

Would have loved to see what Downey could have done at Iowa. Obviously the Iowa program had a big influence on him. This also says a lot about the poor state of KJ’s ISU.

His previous Flo interview pissed me off.. said he wasn't treated like a regular team member etc.

Plus he was not honest about some things.

I like rooting for guys like him.. but I hope Sam Brooks makes the final and kicks his ass.
What wasn’t honest?

What wasn’t honest?

Let's just say I am not allowed to discuss what I heard 2nd or 3rd hand

But one thing that wasn't honest was the time, energy that went into private workouts making him feel wanted, needed etc. He was treated as good as any team member, and he was welcomed .

Just think about this for a minute.. he does everything right.. goes through workouts, gets his degree ( not an easy task) ,and all of the sudden they ask him to leave?

Righhhhht

Reactions: WCAC_Fan_10
Would have loved to see what Downey could have done at Iowa. Obviously the Iowa program had a big influence on him. This also says a lot about the poor state of KJ’s ISU.
Why did he get turned down as a medical student and yet Penn State gets anyone they want as a 6th year? Cael or politics?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT