ADVERTISEMENT

Eno Benjamin

Hawkeye fans are an insecure bunch. They have some sort of inferiority complex. I believe KF's attitude is partially to blame.

The weirdest thing is that inferiority in this case is coming from the KF haters. Eno is the best RB recruit Iowa has ever gotten under KF and I happen to believe Eno is still underrated. They just simply refuse to believe that a RB like Eno will be wearing an Iowa uniform.

The kid is a Hawkeye and he shouldn't need to reassure insecure Iowa fans every week.

Hawkeye fans are an insecure bunch. They have some sort of inferiority complex. I believe KF's attitude is partially to blame.

The weirdest thing is that inferiority in this case is coming from the KF haters. Eno is the best RB recruit Iowa has ever gotten under KF and I happen to believe Eno is still underrated. They just simply refuse to believe that a RB like Eno will be wearing an Iowa uniform.

The kid is a Hawkeye and he shouldn't need to reassure insecure Iowa fans every week.
Nebraska fans are relentlessly in his ear on twitter. Fully grown men. It's so weird and creepy.

Reactions: BG2004
Nebraska fans are relentlessly in his ear on twitter. Fully grown men. It's so weird and creepy.

Exactly! Nebraska fans are the exact opposite though. They think so highly of themselves and their team that they think they are actually recruiters themselves and that the team needs them.

Reactions: thrillpac
Even if they said that, they might be planning to take more than just Eno.

It seems like there's a lot of assumptions being made in order to go full doom and gloom mode.
They were always going to take 2 RBs in this class. IKM has been solid with his commitment. There is a reason that the staff has kept in contact with guys like Alphonso Soko. If Eno goes elsewhere, and I don't think that he will, they won't be scrambling to fill that slot.

Your post implied they said this specifically about Eno. What I'm hearing in this post is that you're basing your comments on their general policy, not that they specifically are shopping around for a potential replacement for Eno's scholly.
+1000, someone posted this a few days back, now everyone is speaking it as gospel. As far as the coaching staff telling them not to come for the Wisconsin game...our game was moved to 11 on Saturday, making it very hard for the Texas recruits, who play Friday night to even make it on time. Apparently our coaches recognized this and how hard it was going to be for them to experience everything, if they weren't even going to be able to make it in time for the game. How are our coaches supposed to show these kids everything, when they have to coach the team that morning? What sort of impression would that leave with the recruits coming in? I personally think, that this also ties back to KF's comments last week, about how hard it is to recruit in season, or how he doesn't like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: David1979
How many times does Eno have to reiterate that he's a Hawk?

Most of it is Husker chirping to get a rise out of some of you. That'll be taken care of in late November so until then, enjoy the season.

How many times does Eno have to reiterate that he's a Hawk?

Most of it is Husker chirping to get a rise out of some of you. That'll be taken care of in late November so until then, enjoy the season.
He could really solidify his commitment to Iowa by not taking visits to other schools like Brandon Smith did.

Reactions: SotaHawk87
Again, when did the coaches tell Blair this? Not being a jerk, just want to see what they said to Blair.
Oh, sorry I thought you were being sarcastic.. not sure how much I can share from premium board but it says verbatim "Iowa coaches have opened up discussions with other RBs and CBs since both Eno and CC continue to take other visits"

iowa-bikini-girl-1+-+Version+2.jpg

I think this is a dude! Look at the hair from the pubic area to the belly button. I must admit those are some serious man boobs!

Oh, sorry I thought you were being sarcastic.. not sure how much I can share from premium board but it says verbatim "Iowa coaches have opened up discussions with other RBs and CBs since both Eno and CC continue to take other visits"

Thanks. And I think they absolutely should do this, it's only smart to make sure you are covered.

However, there was implications that the staff told Eno (and whoever else) not to visit because of this. That's taking it a step beyond the normal protocol for the staff, and imo, would be a little ridiculous. Hopefully that part is not true.

Again, when did the coaches tell Blair this? Not being a jerk, just want to see what they said to Blair.

I don't think Blair ever put a quote in a story, again recruiting violations are also a factor, but I don't doubt the conversations happened. Probably an off the record type convo.

They are doing that with other Iowa recruits to, pretty bush league stuff. I say send them back to the Big 12 where they belong.
I knew they were doing it with Calloway, apparently they don't realize it's creepy. I mean wtf, can you reek of more desperation.

I don't think Blair ever put a quote in a story, again recruiting violations are also a factor, but I don't doubt the conversations happened. Probably an off the record type convo.
I bet the coaches, if this did happen "off-record", are pretty happy Blair turned around and shared it to the world. Which in turn, led to more KF bashing.

Reactions: BG2004
"Nothing to do with the 11am kickoff. We would have seen the same dominoes fall if it had been a 230pm kickoff".

Obviously "things" can change and change rapidly..

Sidenote-Corralles is taking a 5am flight out of Dallas for another unofficial visit to IC. Mansell is coming up on Friday.

Honestly, I hope it's not true, but if this staff is telling kids not to visit because they've visited other schools, all I can do is laugh at how inept they are at recruiting.

Hopefully that's not the case, all is well (at least with Eno), and it ends up being much ado about nothing.

Honestly, I hope it's not true, but if this staff is telling kids not to visit because they've visited other schools, all I can do is laugh at how inept they are at recruiting.

Hopefully that's not the case, all is well (at least with Eno), and it ends up being much ado about nothing.

Doesn't really make sense, treating them as if they haven't committed. If that were the case shouldn't we act like we are still recruiting them and allow the visit.

Doesn't really make sense, treating them as if they haven't committed. If that were the case shouldn't we act like we are still recruiting them and allow the visit.
Maybe they come up for the night game against Michigan..Everything involved with recruiting is fluid...stuff changes all the time. I still think Eno sticks with his verbal.
I'd expect a few Iowa coaches will be heading to Texas during the bye week. If there are any real issues..maybe they can be addressed and put to rest at this time.

Last edited:
I think you're looking way too deep into this.

Eno, Chevin, and possibly Daniels are our biggest recruits in quite some time so why would Kirk want to bring them in at 5am for an 11am kick and not wait it out for a better date to really try to wow them?
That was a quote from a person that knows what is going on. I simply posted their words.

I think you're looking way too deep into this.

Eno, Chevin, and possibly Daniels are our biggest recruits in quite some time so why would Kirk want to bring them in at 5am for an 11am kick and not wait it out for a better date to really try to wow them?
Bring them in for the Nebraska game, winner gets all 3.

Yea the reason some the Texas kids won't be here this weekend is logistics.. They play a game Friday night.. Some of them have a 3 hour travel to play.. Then to get home around 1 or 2 in the morning.. They would have to wake up at 4-5 to catch a early morning red eye to get to Cedar Rapids in time to catch the 11 o'clock game.. They wouldn't get the whole experience.. It's better suited to wait 2 weeks and bring them into the Michigan game.. And Eno is not visiting Nebraska that was rumor started by their fans.

People thought that about Melvin Gordon until he flipped to Wisconsin last second.

Jesus, eno just talked and said he's ok with the coaches, all good, no more visits. Let this end! Go back to bashing our players and coaches for something else.
Eno gave the interview this morning...within the last hour, info has been posted tempering things a little...Again, I think he ends up a Hawk..just that all is not rainbows and unicorns at this current time.

Reactions: whatsup13579er
Eno gave the interview this morning...within the last hour, info has been posted tempering things a little...Again, I think he ends up a Hawk..just that all is not rainbows and unicorns at this current time.
What's been posted?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT