ADVERTISEMENT

Eno Benjamin

What's been posted?
Iowa will proceed with their recruitment of other rb's.-

"All is not good between the Iowa staff and Eno"

Basically, the staff is skeptical of Eno due to him taking the other visits and apparently not being completly forthcoming with the staff about these visits.

My opinion-This stuff should be easy to clear up with continued conversations between Eno and the staff.

Maybe they are just covering their asses because of instances like Gordon. Can you blame them?

Maybe they are just covering their asses because of instances like Gordon. Can you blame them?
or Higdon...This is a very smart move by the staff. In the past...when a player like Piersbacher or David Kenney de-committed,they weren't able to find a decent replacement and it created a hole in the recruiting class. On the positive side, they obviously found a stud (Dez King), when Delano Hill headed off to Michigan.

Sidenote-Michigan is pushing hard trying to get Hankins to take an official to Ann Arbor.

, It's all in the Lounge, gotta pay for that info
I understand that Lounge stuff needs to remain there because it's premium, but isn't the Lounge stuff just things posted? It's not like the coaching staff goes there and posts their thoughts or anything right?

Last edited:
I understand that Lounge stuff needs to remain their because it's premium, but isn't the Lounge stuff just things posted? It's not like the coaching staff goes there and posts their thoughts or anything right?

Correct, but there are a few posters that seem to be close to the program and post some interesting stuff. Tom and Blair post quite a bit of stuff that doesn't come on this board. Sig brings some of what is posted over here.

I understand that Lounge stuff needs to remain their because it's premium, but isn't the Lounge stuff just things posted? It's not like the coaching staff goes there and posts their thoughts or anything right?
You pay for premium info that comes directly from the coaches and recruits, via Tom and Blair. It's second hand info but you get the full story rather than bits and pieces that get leaked to the free board or from TOS. It is well worth the $10 a month IMO if you like to follow recruiting.

So Calloway wasn't going to visit this weekend and Eno says they couldn't get the logistics figured out yet people are freaking out. Eno is a Hawk until he isn't. People need to calm the F down.

Reactions: McLovin32
Iowa will proceed with their recruitment of other rb's.-
"All is not good between the Iowa staff and Eno"

Basically, the staff is skeptical of Eno due to him taking the other visits and apparently not being completly forthcoming with the staff about these visits.

My opinion-This stuff should be easy to clear up with continued conversations between Eno and the staff.
He talked with another site, where he said all is good between he and Iowa. He isn't taking anymore visits. There is your inside info, keep listening to Blair who Eno is declining interviews with.

Reactions: McLovin32
He talked with another site, where he said all is good between he and Iowa. He isn't taking anymore visits. There is your inside info, keep listening to Blair who Eno is declining interviews with.
Blair talks to the coaches. It all might seem fine to Eno, which is good, but the coaches are probably still a little peeved and the trust probably isn't there like it was before. At the end of the day I think Eno is a Hawk but the relationship has been damaged a little bit.

Blair talks to the coaches. It all might seem fine to Eno, which is good, but the coaches are probably still a little peeved and the trust probably isn't there like it was before. At the end of the day I think Eno is a Hawk but the relationship has been damaged a little bit.

So the coaches are committing recruiting violations with Blair and Tom? Is that what you are saying?

Believe me the coaches aren't going to let the kid go because he took visits. They are just trying to firm up his commitment. Which they have done.

Reactions: whatsup13579er
So the coaches are committing recruiting violations with Blair and Tom? Is that what you are saying?
No. It is asking the right questions, reading between the lines, and applying a little common sense. People can ask questions about specific recruits and the staff can give a generic answer that both answers the question and fails to discuss specific recruits. It's not rocket science.

You are wrong .I"m trying to help you out. Eno said last night, he talked with the coaches this week, everything is good. He visited ASU on 10/8, isn't taking visits anymore, he is good with Iowa. I'm trying to help you out, but if you want to keep listening to old information, go ahead. As far as Blair "talking to the coaches", why would Iowa's coaches tell him anything? You think KF is going to go tell Blair, hey man, Eno isn't solid anymore, could you please post that out there in your premium board, just for your members, so that everyone can start rumors? Thanks.

You are wrong .I"m trying to help you out. Eno said last night, he talked with the coaches this week, everything is good. He visited ASU on 10/8, isn't taking visits anymore, he is good with Iowa. I'm trying to help you out, but if you want to keep listening to old information, go ahead. As far as Blair "talking to the coaches", why would Iowa's coaches tell him anything? You think KF is going to go tell Blair, hey man, Eno isn't solid anymore, could you please post that out there in your premium board, just for your members, so that everyone can start rumors? Thanks.
I read the article from TOS. I'm working off of more up to date info than you. Blair addressed it in the Lounge about an hour after it was posted on TOS and it is Eno's half of the story. Hopefully Eno is done taking visits. When he committed to Iowa, he committed to not visiting other schools and essentially he broke that commitment. I think when it is all said and done Eno is a Hawk and all is forgotten.

Why would the coaches talk to Tom, Blair, or any other media? It is really the only way to get their side of the story out. Tom and Blair obviously have a good relationship with the staff based on the information they are able to gather. No where have I seen where Eno isn't solid with Iowa right now. I just said the relationship between Eno and the staff probably isn't the same as it was before Eno's secret visits. Why is that so hard to believe?

I read the article from TOS. I'm working off of more up to date info than you. Blair addressed it in the Lounge about an hour after it was posted on TOS and it is Eno's half of the story. Hopefully Eno is done taking visits. When he committed to Iowa, he committed to not visiting other schools and essentially he broke that commitment. I think when it is all said and done Eno is a Hawk and all is forgotten.

Why would the coaches talk to Tom, Blair, or any other media? It is really the only way to get their side of the story out. Tom and Blair obviously have a good relationship with the staff based on the information they are able to gather. No where have I seen where Eno isn't solid with Iowa right now. I just said the relationship between Eno and the staff probably isn't the same as it was before Eno's secret visits. Why is that so hard to believe?
What are you talking about? There was a story last night at 8:00, posted on twitter from somewhere else, with Eno's side. You're telling me that Blair then posted a story after that with even MORE of Eno's side? Because in that story, Eno said he has talked with the coaches about the misunderstanding of visiting ASU, and he won't be taking anymore visits, unless it's Iowa, and that's he committed to Iowa.

If our coaches are telling them not to take official visits, why would you commit to Iowa? If our coaches are doing that then they have "little man" syndrome and obviously don't think their program is good enough. Good to know that our coaches are insecure about our program, should mean good things on the horizon.

This was also the coaching staff that was quoted as saying, "in season recruiting visits are a pain in the butt." Seriously your going to say that during the season. This is your next wave of athletes, but you do not want to give them the time. Iowa is currently in the top 25 rankings, I bet on Feb 2nd we end up around 50th like we always do.

What are you talking about? There was a story last night at 8:00, posted on twitter from somewhere else, with Eno's side. You're telling me that Blair then posted a story after that with even MORE of Eno's side? Because in that story, Eno said he has talked with the coaches about the misunderstanding of visiting ASU, and he won't be taking anymore visits, unless it's Iowa, and that's he committed to Iowa.
TOS posted the article at 8 and Blair commented on the article within the hour in a thread in the lounge with some insight from the other side.

The "misunderstanding" prolly comes from the visit to Mizzu which nobody other than Eno and the Mizzu staff knew about..He agreed when he committed to not take any other visits. He then took a visit to Mizzu without informing anyone. He then informed the staff about his intention to visit ASU (the staff still didn't know about the previous Mizzu visit at this time )..This is why the staff will continue to look at other rb's and part of the reason his visit to IC was cancelled..My opinion-trust between the two parties is now being re-developed. It's not going to be built because of a couple of conversations. As I previously mentioned,I think the staff will be down in Texas soon and that will be another step in rebuilding a partially damaged relationship.

If our coaches are telling them not to take official visits, why would you commit to Iowa? If our coaches are doing that then they have "little man" syndrome and obviously don't think their program is good enough. Good to know that our coaches are insecure about our program, should mean good things on the horizon.

This was also the coaching staff that was quoted as saying, "in season recruiting visits are a pain in the butt." Seriously your going to say that during the season. This is your next wave of athletes, but you do not want to give them the time. Iowa is currently in the top 25 rankings, I bet on Feb 2nd we end up around 50th like we always do.

What they say is you can take other visits but then we will consider you as not committed and will continue to recruit players at your position. It is a two way street. Iowa says as long as you say you are committed then we are committed to you and they won't go back on that. That is not being insecure that is making sure you have your butt covered. Because you don't want to be left high and dry.

The quote you are talking about is taken out of context. He was talking about an early signing period and making it so official visits can be taken earlier. he said game day visits are a pain because the coaches and players are focused on the game and it robs the recruits of time spent with the team and coaches. He said they get cheated out of getting the full attention of the staff. That is a good point especially for Iowa whose recruiting has be be based on building a great relationship with the kid because aren't going to get kids just based on brand (except for some in state kids of course).

I don't think it's hard to believe. I think it's really two things:

1. There have been posts, from people who have the premium access, that have eluded to Eno not visiting this weekend because the coaches told him not to come because they're pissed at him. Whether or not that's true, it brings point #2...

2. No one has any trouble believing that this staff, with a very old school ho-hum attitude specifically towards recruiting, would get their feelings hurt by a 17 year old visiting another school. Whether he told the coaches or not, if he has since manned up and apologized (which he claims he has talked to the staff and sorted everything out), then why would people be claiming "that's only half the story" and make it seem like the staff feels like a high schooler dumped at prom?

I appreciate many of the qualities that Kirk brings and want him to continue as the coach of the program. But is it so hard to believe, given his comments and actions in the past with regards to recruiting, that fans might justifiably be concerned that this staff might scare off one of their best recruits in years when all appears that same recruit is over the top pro-Hawkeye and trying to mend any ill feelings?

Also not buying that the staff will now be actively recruiting other RBs and treating him as not committed. Will they scout other RBs just in case? yes but they would do that regardless. The staff isn't going to act like a scorned lover and say "I don't want you to visit, you hurt my feelings" Sorry not buying it. They don't take these things that personal.

Reactions: WCAC_Fan_10
I don't know what the f* Eno is doing but again WTF coaching staff. Your going after guys that have options, they are not going to jump on Iowa and just ignore everyone else. These arnt your Bull$hit a$$ 2 stars that get wet thinking about playing D1 football it's going to take some extea work and maybe putting up with a little bullshit to get to the next lvl. The staff has thier feelings hurt because a high school senior wants to take a free trip to a college town who gives a $hit. God Damnit our staff pisses me off. Watching our staff in 2016 is like watching a dinosuar run a laptop. I fvcking hate Gary Barta and I'm stuck with this shower of $hit until I'm damn near 40.

You need a hobby. Preferably one not involving firearms.

The "misunderstanding" prolly comes from the visit to Mizzu which nobody other than Eno and the Mizzu staff knew about..He agreed when he committed to not take any other visits. He then took a visit to Mizzu without informing anyone. He then informed the staff about his intention to visit ASU (the staff still didn't know about the previous Mizzu visit at this time )..This is why the staff will continue to look at other rb's and part of the reason his visit to IC was cancelled..My opinion-trust between the two parties is now being re-developed. It's not going to be built because of a couple of conversations. As I previously mentioned,I think the staff will be down in Texas soon and that will be another step in rebuilding a partially damaged relationship.

Again, I have no reason not to trust this info or what info Blair/Tom gets from the staff.

But that said, why on earth would any part of the reason to tell a kid not to visit be because he took a visit to another school? Seriously, what logic is there behind a kid who wants to visit Iowa, and telling him he can't because he's being punished like a 5 year old?

Is the staff that insecure that they can't even fathom entertaining a kid for a weekend because they aren't sure if he really likes us?

I honestly am curious, I can't come up with a logical reason why they wouldn't want him to visit.

Also not buying that the staff will now be actively recruiting other RBs and treating him as not committed. Will they scout other RBs just in case? yes but they would do that regardless. The staff isn't going to act like a scorned lover and say "I don't want you to visit, you hurt my feelings" Sorry not buying it. They don't take these things that personal.
They aren't going to take another RB over Eno but they are out there getting another RB lined up in case Eno gets another case of the visits.

They aren't going to take another RB over Eno but they are out there getting another RB lined up in case Eno gets another case of the visits.

This is the thing they have guys at every position they would offer if someone decides to decommit so that is nothing new. Just not buying the staff didn't want him to visit because of him visiting other schools. If they did do that, that is petty and stupid.

Are any of the TX recruits taking official visits this weekend? All I've seen is Corrales and Mansell coming for unofficial visits.

I don't think so...Daniels is travelling to Lawrence,Ks to watch his brother play (Oklahoma State vs KU).
So with all that being said, my point was that everything seems fine now, and can we stop with the drama that Eno isn't coming to Iowa. I'm not pointing fingers, and it wasn't you, but there are some serious drama queens on this board. They took Eno visiting another school, connected it with him not coming to Iowa this weekend, and made up their own conclusions by connecting dots that shouldn't have been connected. Our game time is why Eno isn't coming, he talked to our coaches and they've mended the misunderstanding. Let's move on to kicking Wisconsin's ass.

They managed to get the top RB on their board and convinced him to stop taking visits for the time being so I'd say they are doing pretty well.

Not sure if your I'll informed or if you actually believe this but the 2 best running backs they offered are McFarland and swift and the Hawks didn't make the cut with either of them. Also, care to share tour thoughts on the 4 star WR, a position of huge need, they can't seem to lnd that live 20 minutes from campus?

Not sure if your I'll informed or if you actually believe this but the 2 best running backs they offered are McFarland and swift and the Hawks didn't make the cut with either of them. Also, care to share tour thoughts on the 4 star WR, a position of huge need, they can't seem to lnd that live 20 minutes from campus?
Oliver Martin is visiting Iowa again this weekend. I believe this is his 3rd visit and they are in a very good place with him. In addition they have 3 very promising WR commitments that are having very good senior seasons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT